House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

What's Kicking Off In The Usa? Here Next?

The rise of Trump and widespread disgust with elite corruption leading to vigilantism, race/ class war?

Complete loss of faith in the legal process following the Hillary non-indictment?

of course, it all started with Trump.

except, Police shootings of all races go pretty much unpunished. Hillary is going unpunished ( well, maybe not)...but the PsTB in the US have for years been ignoring the rule of law for the enforcers.

Obviously it has to stop. The PsTB have themselves to blame.

There will me murmuring in the shires, I tell you. Murmuriiiiing.in

Ents decide things very slowly and talk tripe!

The fish rots from the head. If the rule of law no longer applies to the elite then pretty soon it won't apply to anyone.

In the later Roman Empire many of the population preferred life under the barbarians than their own rulers.

Alternatively they would go into a form of internal exile or withdrawal from the world ('anachoresis' is the Greek word for it)

I think we are more gentle here. The police don't kill people, we have universal healthcare for everyone and welfare is generous.

I think being an island and everyone living close to each other helps people learn to get on to.

Well that's the hope anyway... I don't get the feeling Brits who are black feel unhappy or that they are mistreated here.

Well..........

Hundreds of people have marched on Westminster in protest at the shooting of two black men by police in America.

The Black Lives Matter march went through central London to the Houses of Parliament at about 20:00 BST.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36750533

Plenty of raised arm closed fist salutes in the pictures.

Further protests are planned in Windrush Square, in Brixton, on Saturday and Oxford Circus on Sunday.

Well..........

Hundreds of people have marched on Westminster in protest at the shooting of two black men by police in America.

The Black Lives Matter march went through central London to the Houses of Parliament at about 20:00 BST.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36750533

Plenty of raised arm closed fist salutes in the pictures.

Further protests are planned in Windrush Square, in Brixton, on Saturday and Oxford Circus on Sunday.

feckin idiots. virtue signalling writ large.

feckin idiots. virtue signalling writ large.

Any excuse for a pointless march to show solidarity with people who will never know that there was a march.

I will walk around my garden this afternoon in my own personal Black Lives Matter protest then post the pictures on Facebook to show how virtuous I am.

Well that's the hope anyway... I don't get the feeling Brits who are black feel unhappy or that they are mistreated here.

My mate gets 'randomly' searched by the police reasonably frequently and makes sure to be clean shaven after a terrorist incident so people are less likely to think he's muslim (he's black, not middle eastern). He does feel like people are more wary of him after islamic terrorist attacks.

The fish rots from the head. If the rule of law no longer applies to the elite then pretty soon it won't apply to anyone.

Absolutely this. If Hitlery doesn't stand trial and the cops keep executing people it's going to get very ugly and unlike here, the people can project their opinions at 2000 mph.