House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bubble Pricker

HPC on three BBC Radio Interviews!

I appeared on no less than three interviews today (28/11/2005) on BBC Radio stations. The subject was the the latest Hometrack figures, which showed property prices "rose for the first time in 18 months." By 0.1% that is, and I was quick to make the point in all interviews that the trend is downwards.

The interviews were as follows:

1. At 7.40am on the Breakfast Show tomorrow morning on BBC Coventry and Warwickshire. (Click here to listen to a recording)

2. At 4.40pm on the Drive show on BBC Asian Network (Click here to listen to a recording)

3. At 6.20pm on the Drivetime show on BBC Radio West Midlands (Click here to listen to a recording)

So far, we only have a (partial) recording of the third interview. We are working on recordings of the other interviews. If anyone has happened to record them, please get in touch with me or Webmaster.

why not PM warwickshire lad?

there is also a guy called Somemight on the PMT board on the motley fool website who is an EA (gasp!)

his stamping ground is the rugby area AFAIK, but he seems to tell it like it is.

have a read of his posts - there is one in november (post no. 116562) showing an example of falling prices at the top end of the market, for example. mind you the property in question has been pulled from the EA's website.

good luck! :)

It's been on another thread but worth mentioning:

The July-September 2005 Land Registry figures for Warwickshire show both prices and volumes down.

Average price July - September 2004 £199,224

July - September 2005 £196,065

That's a 1.6% drop.

Volumes down from 3185 to 2602 over the same period. That's a 18% reduction.

The July-September 2005 Land Registry figures for Warwickshire show both prices and volumes down.

Average price July - September 2004 £199,224

July - September 2005 £196,065

That's a 1.6% drop.

Volumes down from 3185 to 2602 over the same period. That's a 18% reduction.

Cheers, yep already had that in my speaking notes.

How did it go? Eager to hear the news!

What astounds me is no one (apart from us of course!) seems to realise that is HPI continues (which is always lauded as wonderful news) people will eventually be spending all their salaries on mortage repayments.

Is Mr/Ms Average really thick or is it that we are all very bright??

BP - send you lots of (belated) Karma! :lol:

Shame I didn't see this thread till today.

I currently rent in Leamington Spa. The 3 near identical houses next to me and 1 across the road were all on the market when I moved here in June. Not sure how long but 2 of them at least 4 months.

Since September: 1 is sold (new owners moved in 23rd Dec); 2 are "sold subject to contract"; 1 still "for sale".

Lots of activity here. I was watching houses in a price bracket £650,000 to £750,000 in an approx 10 mile radius of Leamington. Between Feb and August I saw 1 house "Sold". Since August about 30% are now sold subject to contract. No idea how accepted offers compare to asking prices.

I myself was involved in a bidding war on a very desirable house which sold for at least 5% more than asking. (We offered £775,000 on asking price of £750,000 and lost to "significantly higher bid").

On the other hand I've seen obviously over-priced houses being reduced by 15% or more and still not selling.

Decent houses have all been snapped up.

After my raving performance on BBC Conventry and Warwickshire this morning :D, I am a man in demand of the media.

(see http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=21115)

I will be on the Drivetime show tonight on BBC Birmingham on house prices.

I will be asked to comment. I will give the general view on the housing market, but if you have any anecdotes in the region, such as BTL developments not selling/renting, houses for sale and sticking, price falls in any area or town, please post them here.

Please back up any anectdotes with links to the property on nethouseprices and/or eastate agent's or builder's websites or other factual material.

After my raving performance on BBC Conventry and Warwickshire this morning :D, I am a man in demand of the media.

I will be asked to comment. I will give the general view on the housing market, but if you have any anecdotes in the region, such as BTL developments not selling/renting, houses for sale and sticking, price falls in any area or town, please post them here.

Please back up any anectdotes with links to the property on nethouseprices and/or eastate agent's or builder's websites or other factual material.

Nice one. When you have the chance to speak please do not hold back on the state of the market and this country for all FTBers. B)

cutting a swathe through the West Midlands. Look out Black Country, the HPC is comin' to getchya!

I think our personal experience of the property market in Stratford upon Avon is worth a mention.

The next door neighbours sold in March 2004 for £315k, we have accepted an offer for an identical property of £249,999.

There are also flats for sale at the top of the same street which have been for sale for over 18 months.

Well done well done!! You were/are very articulate on radio and I'm PROUD of you my friend.

The questions were eerily similar weren't they? All using the same language - "How will this affect the average house owner" / "....silver lining"...

Hmmm...

Edited by 29929BlackTuesday