House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tonytramcar

Renting In Docklands

My son and his girlfriend plan to rent a one bedroom flat in the Docklands/Island Gardens area in January.

Anyone out there know how the rental market is doing in this area? Will they need to pay the asking price or are people negotiating? Would be grateful for any advice/info.

My son and his girlfriend plan to rent a one bedroom flat in the Docklands/Island Gardens area in January.

Anyone out there know how the rental market is doing in this area? Will they need to pay the asking price or are people negotiating? Would be grateful for any advice/info.

be confident. The market is weighed heavily in favour of tenants and will continue to be so. Expect rents to fall heavily in this area.

Anyone who offers full rental quoted prices is absolutely barking mad IMO. Tell your son to offer 10 - 15% below the advertised price. The Docklands is awash with property, my business partner has an apartment there advertised at 1650 pcm, pays 1200. Negotiate and negotiate HARD. Good Luck.

Rather than creating yet another new topic I'd like to resurrect this one - although I'm not responding to any of the previous comments - and ask whether anyone can recommend a reputable letting agent for this particular area? I start a new job on the 24th July in the City and at the moment I favour living in the Docklands vicinity, principally to reduce the cost of renting. There seems to be an ample supply of rental properties available, thereby placing prospective tenants in a strong negotiating position.

Never can quite understand the obsession with living in the Isle of Dogs given all the crime, gangs and stabbings there (bearing in mind you may have to walk some way to and from your nearest unmanned DLR station on those dark winter nights!). There really is a shocking have/have nots divide there!

There are plenty of nicer areas with character (and a sense of community) with just as fast links to the city - and with a manned tube station as well!

Rather than creating yet another new topic I'd like to resurrect this one - although I'm not responding to any of the previous comments - and ask whether anyone can recommend a reputable letting agent for this particular area?

Atkinson Mcleod and Vantage.