House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Halifax June 2016 - House Prices Up Another 1.3%

Seasonally adjusted, of course.

Huge deposits are required to get the average house v the average mortgage.

I'd say this is still to early to judge effect sof Brexit , but taking that out of it the madness continues ..

I was sat talking to a guy at work about Houses both of us renting and both in utter despair of what to do as neither of us can save enough to keep up with the price rises in the south.

And this. Are mortgages about to get even cheaper? Bank of England opens floodgates to £150bn of new lending to battle Brexit

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3675073/Bank-England-opens-floodgates-150bn-new-lending-businesses-individuals.html#ixzz4DhvZdQx5

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And a 50bp rate cut on the way from the Canadian numptie next week!

Don't moan, at last he's actually doing something.

Thing is all he's saying is, I'm dropping rates cause the economy is shot. Do buyers hearing this think it means everything is fine and now is a good time to buy?

Thing is all he's saying is, I'm dropping rates cause the economy is shot. Do buyers hearing this think it means everything is fine and now is a good time to buy?

Never been a cheaper time to buy...works every time, we all love to snap up a bargain.

......crazy it sure is and very unhealthy......banks should lend on affordability and ability to repay to retirement...in other words on what people's incomes are, not on how much they have got as a deposit to put down....if they could they would love you to buy/rent it off them from cradle to grave.....customer for life.;)

The referendum vote was only a fortnight ago today.....

The decision/sentiment will not have filtered down as yet.... Next Month will be more telling and a negative figure albeit a small one (to start) is pretty much bolted on....

Why do you think London voted to remain? The negative rhetoric about property values worked.

I think a lot of them do, yes. Sadly.

The referendum vote was only a fortnight ago today.....

The decision/sentiment will not have filtered down as yet.... Next Month will be more telling and a negative figure albeit a small one (to start) is pretty much bolted on....

Why do you think London voted to remain? The negative rhetoric about property values worked.

One thing I have noticed is how in this country the extreme of investment or lack of it is noticeable in different towns and areas.....some don't know how the rest live, they have let large swaths fend for themselves literally, the forgotten and ignored.....this has been allowed to happen...you do not see it so much in other European countries, large cities are more evenly balanced and catered for job wise....drive around some of our seaside towns they look neglected and unloved...

And this. Are mortgages about to get even cheaper? Bank of England opens floodgates to £150bn of new lending to battle Brexit

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-3675073/Bank-England-opens-floodgates-150bn-new-lending-businesses-individuals.html#ixzz4DhvZdQx5

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Madness, absolute madness

Lots of stuff now coming back on the market from under offer with reduced prices. Of course still kite flying fantasy prices. But im looking for a desparate seller ... Maybe there will be one soon someone who reads the torygraph. All it takes is a few sales at cut down price and the crash is on, one can but hope!

Edited by GreenDevil

I think the monthly transaction figures need to hit the floor. Dire, abysmal, worst on record. And theres a once in a generation possibilty that this may happen. Lot's of EAs sat around twiddling thumbs, those without a solid lettings business going bust and then they'll soon clock on: prices are frigging INSANE...

Probably.

Not sure it's much of a surprise to those who've been on these forums for years. EVERYTHING must go under the bus in order to maintain HPI.

ZIRP - Money Printing - HPI (they're all inextricably linked) is the economy now.

Why expend effort to produce useful stuff and trade it with other countries when you can simply print money for the banks to lend to people at near-zero rates to buy houses which keep going up because of the printing and lending? The Masters of the Universe have discovered the secret of eternal wealth and prosperity!

My mother in law says so.

Lowering IR from 0.5% to 0.25% or even 0% will have no real impact on sentiment IMHO.

reminds me of Wile e Coyote flapping his arms when he steps of the cliff.

If we have a 0% base rate, it'll mean that by July 2017, some muppet lender will come out with a 0.49% 2 year fixed deal. It's just the slow grind down to oblivion.