House Price Crash Forum

Chilcot Enquiry, Revelation Or Whitewash?

Goat

HOLA441
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I haven't read the executive summary, just what the media and HPC have fed me and agree that Blair and co should be totally castigated, but I'm also angry at the complicity of the military top brass. I understand they have to serve and not question legal orders given by their political masters, but when being tasked with a mission for which they are totally under-resourced and putting their subordinates under greater risk, is to me criminal negligence and should not go without comment

HOLA443

Blair needed 'won war' on his CV, Thatcher had one and so did Churchill so Blair wanted one as well. And the Middle East has been messed up good and proper for decades making continual wars there a racing certainty. Sorting out you public office CV is very important, rather like the squabbling between Cameron and Boris, Cameron lost at Oxford but managed to get Gove to do Boris after the referendum. Being PM trumps Head of Oxford Union and London Mayor combined and Cameron will be looking to add EU Commissioner soon IMHO.

What a pity the EU has left the British Empire.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Left-field comment...blairite politics and politicians have taken a blow here at least.

Look out for an imminent rebranding ;)

P

That's what it will be! A new logo. :blink:

HOLA446

Same sh1t, different pantone :lol:

P

Are you getting as Cynical as MrPin? :wacko: Basically both major parties need an expert "turd polisher"! ^_^

HOLA447

Lord David of Blunkett was on BBC Radio Sheff at teatime. His take on the Iraq invasion was that Lab did the best they could with the intel that they had (which scurrilous knaves assured them was true) and that the invasion was on balance justified. The real villains in his view were the yanks (esp Dick Chaney, although Colin Powell was praised) for smashing the place up and not having 'an exit strategy' (I'd have nominated the psychotic Hussein family personally).

So as far as Lord Blunkett is concerned that's the Blair regime off the hook then. Their motives were honourable but they were let down by others...

Archived