House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

classixuk

The Most Useless/thoughtless/crappy Gift

Ok, Christmas has happened and now we have the fun of trying to figure out where to hide or dispose of the more useless gifts we have received.

So, what's yours?

I opened a large cylinder with a gold lid. I was trying to figure out if it was Glenfiddich or some other nice whisky. Imagine my surprise and delight to find it was a "Magnetic Chess, Checkers & Backgammon set". 3 games in 1! How fantastic. :ph34r:

And when should I use it? Well that's been thought about too. My big present intrigued me. As the paper came off I discovered something coloured Royal Blue and Lime Green. It had a badge saying "California Innovations" on the front. Something innovative from California perhaps? Maybe some type of gadget? As the paper fell to the floor I could hardly contain my enthusiasm at what appeared to be an oversized lime green and royal blue luggage bag. I was even more amazed when the giver of the gift opened up the front to reveal a plastic crockery set for 2 (and it's even got a tablecloth I was told). Wonders never cease, in the back of the bag is a compartment to keep your sandwiches cool! Amazing. :ph34r:

So you are all officially invited to a local hill near me where we can have a picnic in January and play with my magentic chess board that rolls up to fit inside a whisky cylinder.

It's polite to bring something with you when you are invited to a party, so which fantastic gift from this Christmas will you all be bringing? I am intrigued to know...

Guest Bart of Darkness

I got one of those wooden puzzle things last year (and I hate anything puzzle related).

It has remained in its packaging at the bottom of a wardrobe ever since.

After 5 years have elapsed, I may pass it on to someone who'll appreciate it.

Oh, since I spend Christmas at my parents I leave any such junk in my old room. It builds up to quite an impressive collection of clutter. To the purple china cat, set of 6 glass coasters and pair of odd blue glass candlestick holders I shall add the travel solitare, and that's only counting the things I can see from where I'm sitting. Who knows what's tucked away at the bottom of the wardrobe?

I bought my brother a telescopic umbrella, was £4.99 , didnt wanna boost comsumer spending to much, he bought me a BB gun . I am rambo once again.

I bought my brother a telescopic umbrella, was £4.99 , didnt wanna boost comsumer spending to much, he bought me a BB gun . I am rambo once again.

I would have loved a BB gun! But no, I get shirts...