House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Double Breasted Jackets!

Is it naff? Or cool? :blink:

I always imagine you in a straightjacket.

a double breasted one?

I've always considered a double breasted suit to be the preserve of salesmen and estate agents.

Nonsense, for I am a gentleman (of limited means)!

Speaking as a woman, it's hard not to be double breasted.

I am glad you have two nipples. :unsure: I'd like more, but they are rare on this planet. :(

Nonsense, for I am a gentleman (of limited means)!

Then why pay for two breasts when one will do nicely. Unless you are a lady of course.

I think k if you had a shiny ill fitting one with massive shoulder pads from the 80s-early 90s, I would find it pretty naff.

However if you had a properly tailored one made out of a high quality cloth, I would think it was a bit different and be impressed.

We, the believers, shall be known, by our excessive display of buttons! And maybe more cloth than was strictly necessary! :o

I've always considered a double breasted suit to be the preserve of salesmen and estate agents.

But what about Prince Charles[1]? I don't think he's either. And neither am I. In my suit wearing days I always had a double breasted. Then again, last time I wore a whistle was so far back, such things were probably fashionable.

[1] Mrs JTB says I take my style cues from Prince Charles. Which would be OK, had she not been referring to this picture:

prince-charles_2506266b.jpg

Charles obviously has a strong preference for double breasted, and obviously uses the best tailor, I would definitely be impressed by someone where the kind of suits he wears