House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spunko2010

Zoopla Wants Us To Remain

Well this'll stir things up, a difficult horse to back for the Remainers on here I suspect...? (Or maybe not)

http://order-order.com/2016/07/04/zoopla-behind-anti-brexit-legal-action/

City law firm Mishcon de Reya are launching a legal challenge to Brexit with the backing of a number of businesses who for some reason haven’t been named publicly. Guido can reveal one of the firms behind the action is property website Zoopla. In an email to other businesses, CEO Alex Chesterman claimed:

“If the correct constitutional process is not followed then the notice to withdraw from the EU would be unlawful and open to legal challenge…

With this in mind, Mishcon de Reya, on behalf of a number of clients have commenced a legal process to ensure the UK Government will not trigger the procedure for withdrawal from the EU without parliamentary approval and have, subsequent to his article, retained Lord Pannick QC to act as counsel in this action. These steps seek to ensure that any Article 50 notification process is lawful.

I strongly encourage you to support this important issue. We want to ensure that this once-in-a-generation issue is handled properly under UK law with the correct constitutional process applied to an irreversible decision of this magnitude.

Please can I ask you to action as follows below:

1. Email Mishcon to lend your support/name to this process

2. Please use the hashtag: #mpstodecide and share/tweet the link to the Mishcon press release

3. Use this email as a basis to send your own version to your network to encourage wider support
Edited by spunko2010

It goes full circle in my mind, but I might be wrong.

Zoopla - owned by DMGT - backs Remain - backs May.

Now we all know why, as if it wasn't obvious anyway

It goes full circle in my mind, but I might be wrong.

Zoopla - owned by DMGT - backs Remain - backs May.

Now we all know why, as if it wasn't obvious anyway

Of course. May in power = de facto freedom of movement for many years to come = high population = a significant prop for house prices. Or, MPs will "filibuster" the Brexit by voting against it altogether. Brexit looks a long way off.

I think they will have a Parliamentary bill. MPs will vote to enact the will of the people as expressed clearly in the referendum. So I'm not sure what the point of this challenge is?

Errol, the point is that the establishment are trying their dirty tricks to override democracy, or the nearest thing we have to it. House prices are naturally involved somehow in this devilish recipe - is anyone surprised?

I'd be interested in hearing from some of the Remainers on here where, if Guido Fawkes is correct (and he is very rarely wrong) this clearly goes against their own interests.

Edited by spunko2010

So it's reported that Chesterman, a hugely successful entrepreneur who has created lots of jobs and prosperity, is concerned about throwing jobs and prosperity away.

If that means "Zoopla supports ...", shouldn't it also mean Lovefilm (another Chesterman business) supports it? Or does that not support the Agenda?

BTW, for the record, the DMG connection is 31% of zoopla. Dates back to when Zoopla acquired DMG assets for equity.

So it's reported that Chesterman, a hugely successful entrepreneur who has created lots of jobs and prosperity, is concerned about throwing jobs and prosperity away.

If that means "Zoopla supports ...", shouldn't it also mean Lovefilm (another Chesterman business) supports it? Or does that not support the Agenda?

BTW, for the record, the DMG connection is 31% of zoopla. Dates back to when Zoopla acquired DMG assets for equity.

Riiiight. The complete lack of concern for a millionaire overriding democracy by the back door when it suits your viewpoint says all I need to know. If Chesterman had come out and said it, I'd respect him more, but he's tried to keep his involvement a secret. How noble. But hey "he's created a lot of jobs and prosperity" so that's all right.

LOVEFiLM hasn't existed for about 3 years now, btw.

Edited by spunko2010

They want us to

• have sky-high house prices...
  • ....meaning an anemic wider economy suffering from everyone who isn't a fully paid up OO being more skint
  • have uncontrolled immigration keeping wages stagnant, while acting as a prop for high house prices
  • keep the deficit cemented at £8Bn or so a month thanks to unlimited immigration and millions on TCs, HB, CB

...all so a tiny handful of business owners can make a massive profit?

Pass me the sick bucket.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

They want us to

• have sky-high house prices...
  • have uncontrolled immigration keeping wages stagnant, while acting as a prop for high house prices

equates to 10+ people to a home. 2/3 generations of famillies....we are back to the 1800's

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere