House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Us Says Britain At The Back Of The Queue For Brexit Trade Deal

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-barack-obama-was-right-britain-uk-will-be-at-the-back-of-the-queue-for-trade-deals-says-a7116741.html%3famp#

I suspect this will draw things out.

If the US won't agree new trade terms with the U.K. for say 20 years, then who would push the article 50 button.

It's all building up to a 'stay in EU' vote in parliament. The prophesy of Enoch Powell will come to pass. There will be rivers of blood. ?

<recovers from trance>

I'm amazed that the US isn't able to negotiate more than one trade deal at a time.

You'd imagine there would be several in permanent negotiation all the time.

Close down all security co operation. No bombers, no recon planes, no listening posts or whatever they use in the tech age from the USS Great Britain.

Supreme scaremongering

My lefty mates are crowing about this on Facebook. I'm guessing that the reaction from working class brexitters will be 'So f@#%ing what'? They've had 40 years of neo-liberal economics, free trade, mass immigration and falling living standards. Bring on the tariffs!

Close down all security co operation. No bombers, no recon planes, no listening posts or whatever they use in the tech age from the USS Great Britain.

Supreme scaremongering

That's all happened. Now - were just the 52nd state of the union across the Atlantic.

They have all sensed weakness in the UK Leave campaign. Gove stabbing Boris in the back has consideraly weakened the Leave campaign so everyone - Obama, Blair, Kinnocks, May, etc - are jumping aboard.

Thing is, if Trump wins then all this US nonsense disappears overnight I would imagine.

Has the FBI arrested Hilary this weekend?

Is that the current trade deal where the US sell goods to the public of the UK at twice the price they do to their own citizens ?

I think I can live without that one.

It's cheaper to buy direct and just pay the import duty. I've bought guitars straight from the USA.

Us has finite trade negoiators. Thry have a full calendsr for thd next few years.

Of course, there is no possibility of the US finding, in less than 20 years, amongst it's 360m population, a few lawers and business people capable of working on a trade deal.

... lawyers make money out of chaos and mistrust....bankers make money out of debt and needs....times are always changing....money is made from volatility and change....nothing new.;)

well, theres that Trident renewal....we can just cancel.

We (neither the UK or the EU) don't currently have a trade deal with the US (or China). We've managed fine up to now. If it really is important, then in the unlikely event of TTIP passing (within the next two years), we will be part of that agreement, and presumably continue to be so after we leave the EU. If it it takes longer than two years, I don't see why we can't just piggy back on it. Most of the negotiating will have been done with our input and be appropriate to our circumstances.

If being at the front of the queue has helped to get Britain's economy into the position it's in now then a change to the back of the queue will be a welcome relief.

The US will just have to go to the back of the queue.

In any event didn't Britain announce some special relationship deal with China just a few months ago - so the US was already sent to the back of the queue.