House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Should Bbc Licence Fee Payers Be Locked Up?

For aiding and abetting sex crimes by funding the facilities used, the BBC staff who do it, and the BBC staff who "look the other way"

After all the admission of their "looking the other way" whilst they allowed Savile to rape children in BBC dressing rooms and kept employing him on children programmes they said it would never happen again.

Well lo and behold they appoint somebody with a string of sex allegations against him to the Radio 2 Drivettime show and then Top Gear.

Remember that Tony Blackburn was sacked because of an unproven allegation so that none of this is proven is no defence for them.

Caveats that these are only allegations, that there is no suggestion that any alleged victims were underage, and that I can't stand Chris Evans.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1381280/top-gear-host-chris-evans-faces-police-probe-over-sexual-assault/

And worth clicking through to the Heat link.

From the Sun article "“He’d either just get it out, or he’d walk into a room naked.

“Sometimes it was erect, sometimes it wasn’t. I know other people experience the same thing at work but this was quite extreme because of the relentlessness of it, almost every day for two years.
I work in an industry that must be very very different from the TeeVee industry!

From the Sun article "Hed either just get it out, or hed walk into a room naked.

Sometimes it was erect, sometimes it wasnt. I know other people experience the same thing at work but this was quite extreme because of the relentlessness of it, almost every day for two years.

I work in an industry that must be very very different from the TeeVee industry!

But he's a STAR. If Tony Blackburn did it he'd be out on his ear as he was no longer a STAR.

There's not many companies where exposing your erect ***** at work on a daily basis doesn't get you the sack day one. Maybe that pron shoot that Ken used to work for.

Evans is everything that is wrong with modern celebrity culture. He's a disgusting loudmouth bully, a talentless narcissist and shameless self-promoter. The media is riddled with his type.

Chris Evans the ginger kid at school that smelled of pi$$.

Why dont manufacturers of TV's sell tv's without the BBC channels

then surely you wouldnt need a tv licence

Or if you house an over 75year old person you get the licence for free.Just grab and old person of the street.

Why dont manufacturers of TV's sell tv's without the BBC channels

then surely you wouldnt need a tv licence

Now that is a legal challenge worth making; a TV with a tuner that will not pick up anything saying "BBC".

Possibly the only way to force the issue as the BBC refuses to go behind a paywall.

From the Sun article "“He’d either just get it out, or he’d walk into a room naked.

“Sometimes it was erect, sometimes it wasn’t. I know other people experience the same thing at work but this was quite extreme because of the relentlessness of it, almost every day for two years.

Me too.

I cannot drink booze on site. Im out on my **** if I turn up under the infulence - I dont drive for work, just industrial plant.

Now that is a legal challenge worth making; a TV with a tuner that will not pick up anything saying "BBC".

Possibly the only way to force the issue as the BBC refuses to go behind a paywall.

They are digital now.

Just switch off the BBC multiplex.

Evans is everything that is wrong with modern celebrity culture. He's a disgusting loudmouth bully, a talentless narcissist and shameless self-promoter. The media is riddled with his type.

I've no idea if that's true or not, but it sounds like your describing Clarkson!

I've no idea if that's true or not, but it sounds like your describing Clarkson!

True, but Clarkson does it an amusing way and sometimes allows himself to be the butt of the joke.

I like his act, but realise that's what it is. In real life I get the impression that he's a snobbish social climber who I would dislike.

Well, if they put on an entire program dedicated to major-league willy-waving, then they'll want one to present it.

But anything your TV licence contributes to is chickenfeed compared to your taxes.

Why does the BBC need to even exist?

Some people complain about the licence fee, but abolishing that would just lead to it being funded through taxation instead. Can we have a referendum to just close it completely, maybe keep the world service and R4 but the rest of it can go as far as I'm concerned.

I want Radio 3 to remain. Where else can you get Celtic bagpipe music at 03:30?

I want Radio 3 to remain. Where else can you get Celtic bagpipe music at 03:30?

Club kicking out time in Scotland + Ireland?

Since all TV broadcasting is now digital i`m sure it would be possible to make an after market AD-on/APP/device that could fulfill that requirement ,could be a nice little earner for someone with the know how

My threatening letters from the BBC have ceased to be addressed to "The Legal Occupier" and are now being sent to a named individual.

Which is not me.

I have had the odd "unlock your pension" circular addressed to him before, but no actual proper post that required forwarding, and per the elderly couple I bought the house from several years ago he was their son-in-law who used the house for a postal address for a while (I got the impression >10 years ago) but didn't actually live here so he would not have had a TV licence registered at this address.

It's odd that they've gone to the bother of changing it, so I can now legitimately say that I haven't read them though it's irrelevant as I am entirely within the law and even stopped watching iPlayer on 1 September, and to such a random person.

I haven't bothered renewing my license this month.

I'll ignore any threatening letters and instruct the wife to not answer the door to anyone she doesn't know or isn't expecting.

Sick of paying for the disgusting propaganda. The Remoan campaign of filthy lies was the last straw.

I can imagine during that period in the 90's when evans was in his 'prime', and was the hottest thing on TV, he would have been the sort who I'd have expected assumed that every woman on the face of the earth wanted to bang him.

I'm reminded of Spike Milligan's quote regarding him: "the best I can wish him is an early death" :D

I decided to sell my telly and give up my licence in 2015. I had been annoyed with BBC bias for years, but the final straw was its coverage of the migrant crisis in the summer of that year. Since then, from what I see when watching at friends' houses, its bias has only got worse, particularly with regards Brexit and Mr Trump. 

I  now only watch non-BBC catch up telly on my laptop, Youtube, and DVDs from charity shops or the library. I find it forces one to make a conscious decision about what to watch instead of just pressing a button and slumping down on the sofa. 

Yep - over 2 years of not watching TV, and I finally gathered up the courage not to renew my license in April. I'll never go back, as much of TV is awful - as AA said, it means you come home and consciously think 'what will I do/watch' rather than 'seeing what's on the telly' and sitting in front of whatever you're greeted with.