House Price Crash Forum
Fairyland

Let Germany Offer Young Britons Citizenship, Merkel Deputy Says

Surprised the Remoaners didn't pick up on this one. They should be campaigning that other countries in the EU offer the very same benefits entitlements the UK offers - you know, for the purpose of equality. Instead, they seem to be happy with the UK always paying the bill - to the tune of £8Bn to £10Bn net borrowing every single month. Massive benefits overhaul required in the UK whatever happens next.

Well, I'm campaigning for the real problem to be addressed; non-contributory benefits - not the fake spectre of immigration or the EU. Of course we'll be the destination of choice if there's a big sign at Dover saying "Free Money".

It's not even as if our system helps the locals. What lunatic system pays out benefits and subsidies to whole towns just because there was once a coal mine there where everyone's grandfathers worked - rather than incentivise people to move to work, start businesses, or to acquire skills? Barking.

It's not even as if our system helps the locals. What lunatic system pays out benefits and subsidies to whole towns just because there was once a coal mine there where everyone's grandfathers worked - rather than incentivise people to move to work, start businesses, or to acquire skills? Barking.

Probably the same sort of lunatic system that also treats work and jobs as something in their own right (we seem to have both issues), and keeps pushing for more centralisation, leaving everywhere that isn't an oversized central sprawl high and dry.

Well, I'm campaigning for the real problem to be addressed; non-contributory benefits - not the fake spectre of immigration or the EU. Of course we'll be the destination of choice if there's a big sign at Dover saying "Free Money".

I agree. I think the benefits system is the biggest problem the UK faces. A less generous system will reduce net-taker immigrants because they will not have that opportunity to take more than they give.

Do they really want more people in Germany right now? Wasn't there net 1,000,000 increase in Germany last year? They're really on a population boom exercise - regardless of the skills people have to offer. Weird.

The German mag Bild estimated that each of those immigrants would, in the fullness of time, bring in between 4 and 8 friends 'n' family. They're looking at a population increase of between 5 and 10% right there. Any UK Brexit 'refugees' could be up against some pretty stiff competition for resources.

The German mag Bild estimated that each of those immigrants would, in the fullness of time, bring in between 4 and 8 friends 'n' family. They're looking at a population increase of between 5 and 10% right there. Any UK Brexit 'refugees' could be up against some pretty stiff competition for resources.

But according to Remainers, unlimited immigration has zero impact on resourses and infrastructure - magic occurs in the background to ensure this is the case.

I think you'll find Germany doesn't allow dual passports.

It allows dual nationality though, so in theory it must turn a blind eye to dual passport holders.

Edited by MSE refugee

I think you'll find Germany doesn't allow dual passports.

How would they know?