House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Rip Caroline Aherne

Her comwdy, outside of The Fast Show, was not my cup of tea. But it is very sad. Apparently she had been battling cancer since the early 90s so quite a fight she has put up. Too young.

The Royle Family was absolutely groundbreaking: observational comedy in a sitcom format. Paved the way for so much, and so influential.

It's not often I feel a tinge of sadness at the passing of a celeb, but I do at this news.

The "old cockney lady" she played, was just like my mum, before she went mad. Wow Ms Aherne made to Doctor Who, not that I watch such tripe.

I think the lady was very funny at times!

Sh!t.

Throat cancer - I guess years of booze and fags

That is an assumption. I have no idea of her lifestyle.

Sh!t.

Throat cancer - I guess years of booze and fags

I remember reading some time ago that she was battling cancer and wondered the same as you, but according to reports she had a rare form of retina cancer that she was born with.

I remember reading some time ago that she was battling cancer and wondered the same as you, but according to reports she had a rare form of retina cancer that she was born with.

I'm afraid something like that got a friend of mine.

Mentioned in another thread! What a cheeky lady. I bet she was fun to know.

Funny even though she was 52 in my mind I think of her as being in her early/mid 30's. Loved the Royal Family when it came out.

Sad to see someone die so young and have a life that contained so many battles - I seem to remember she'd suffered from depression as well as the ongoing cancer battles.

What a cheeky lady. I bet she was fun to know.

Agreed. RIP Caroline.

The high celebrity death rate od 2016 seem to have tailed off now, thank heavens.

When the BBC put together their 'well known people lost in 2016' programme in December, they will feature film of Paul Daniels next to the clip of Caroline Aherne as Mrs. Merton asking the lovely Debbie McGee 'what attracted her to the millionaire Paul Daniels'. :D

Its sad.

I met her a few times. She was nice and had huge boobs.

I would have liked to have met her. She was apparently very amusing in real life, unlike the "sad" comedians, and I like tits!

I would have liked to have met her. She was apparently very amusing in real life, unlike the "sad" comedians, and I like tits!

Just my observation after a couple of beers.

She was chatty + fun.

And had noticeable big ones.

What are you talking about?

She suffered from depression for years

I dont think comedy is a great game to get into.

You'll end up running out of material and having to make up jokes about nan dying.

Some stretch it out - Roy Hudd. Then you have an endless stretch of summer seasons and the like.

It would drive me nuts.

What are you talking about?

She suffered from depression for years

Lucky she didn't meet me then. :wacko:

When the BBC put together their 'well known people lost in 2016' programme in December, they will feature film of Paul Daniels next to the clip of Caroline Aherne as Mrs. Merton asking the lovely Debbie McGee 'what attracted her to the millionaire Paul Daniels'. :D

Ill-advised to take on Bernard Manning though; Mrs. Merton didn't get many laughs at his expense: