House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Retro Pinworld

I went to a "junk shop", and bought a "portable music system", or "wog box" as they used to be called, for £6. I wanted it for the shed. It's smashing and has a double cassette mechanism and no CD facility. :blink: I wonder how old it is?

I went to a "junk shop", and bought a "portable music system", or "wog box" as they used to be called, for £6. I wanted it for the shed. It's smashing and has a double cassette mechanism and no CD facility. :blink: I wonder how old it is?

Did the shop sell food?

I'm after some unpulled pork.

I had a wog box once.....or was it a ghetto blaster.....can't quite remember, but it was loud.

Just remember that home taping is killing music.

Just remember that home taping is killing music.

Ah ha how I laugh at that one when I pull out a long playing record with that on the inner sleeve, decades ago. :blink:

I had a wog box once.....or was it a ghetto blaster.....can't quite remember, but it was loud.

It was the fashion of gentleman of a certain race to be seen skateboarding with a music system on the shoulder. The words I chose were indeed right out of the 70s, deliberately chosen. Certain white boys, believing themselves to be "black " imitated the style, and looked very silly.

I have myself been to a breafast restauraunt this morning, where a hip young white dude was trying to "black it up" to some very dark guy, and what a plonker he looked, Rodney! Had I been speaking to the gentleman I would have been proud to have the Turnipshire accent (although slightly London) that I do, and let the other fellow speak as he does. I nearly addressed he white dude as Mr Zelig. But MrPin shut up and let them at it.

It was the fashion of gentleman of a certain race to be seen skateboarding with a music system on the shoulder. The words I chose were indeed right out of the 70s, deliberately chosen. Certain white boys, believing themselves to be "black " imitated the style, and looked very silly.

I have myself been to a breafast restauraunt this morning, where a hip young white dude was trying to "black it up" to some very dark guy, and what a plonker he looked, Rodney! Had I been speaking to the gentleman I would have been proud to have the Turnipshire accent (although slightly London) that I do, and let the other fellow speak as he does. I nearly addressed he white dude as Mr Zelig. But MrPin shut up and let them at it.

You can tell these racial old gentlemen easily nowadays; they all have one shoulder lower than the other. ????

Your sentence made no sense Bossy! I hope you do not think I am a ricist. I was brought up in a time when racism was rife. I am from South London. Because I was a musician, we didn't hang around in NF haunts as a few of us were darker than average,

Loved them Reggie days....everyone was smiling and happy....dancing and rapping, loving and playing.....dance to the music like nobody does.;)

Loved them Reggie days....everyone was smiling and happy....dancing and rapping, loving and playing.....dance to the music like nobody does. ;)

Possibly you are younger than me and are reminiscing fo the "Two Tone" 80s, and all the SKA stuff?

Your sentence made no sense Bossy! I hope you do not think I am a ricist. I was brought up in a time when racism was rife. I am from South London. Because I was a musician, we didn't hang around in NF haunts as a few of us were darker than average,

Sorry. Day off. No I don't think you're a ricist. Nor am I.

Sorry. Day off. No I don't think you're a ricist. Nor am I.

I'm racist !! I hate the Welsh!!

Or maybe just a wee bit jealous of their football team just now :)

I have a Philips Tandem upstairs; has radio and double-cassette facility. Though when I tried to copy tapes they had a lot of background hiss, so not a lot of use really. Bought new in 1986.

Car Boot! Unfortunately I ended up with a whole collection of Goblin Teasmades in various styles. I particularly liked the Art Deco one.

Loved them Reggie days....everyone was smiling and happy....dancing and rapping, loving and playing.....dance to the music like nobody does.;)

Me too winks.

Nowt like popping down the Blind Beggar back in the day - and catching a "Reggie Kray and The Jailors" gig...!

No woman, no die...

;)

XYY

You can tell these racial old gentlemen easily nowadays; they all have one shoulder lower than the other.

Haven't they been in a bit of a decline since sometime before we started building car parks in Leicester?