House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

council dweller

Given This Here Brexit, If You Were Buying A New Car Now...

There's nothing wrong with my old cars, and they are not from the EU.

Certainly the market for classic/performance/exotic cars is bubbletastic right now.

I think the market for second hand cars in general must be very profitable at the moment, I've noticed a large number of back street car dealers popping up in the last year or so on just about any spare lots.

All thanks to cheap and easy credit of course.

Certainly the market for classic/performance/exotic cars is bubbletastic right now.

I think the market for second hand cars in general must be very profitable at the moment, I've noticed a large number of back street car dealers popping up in the last year or so on just about any spare lots.

All thanks to cheap and easy credit of course.

Or, alternatively, a fantastic way of laundering money

Better to play it safe and get an Austin Princess or perhaps a Wolseley if you're looking to impress the neighbours. Pre-EEC design so no Euro-nonsense to dilute the British quality. None of that Jerry built rubbish!

Yes, Japanese, Korean etc are better. Even my Japanese motorcycle is still running well....mind you It`s only six weeks old

Yes indeed , "none of that jerry built rubbish ."

I've never had a German car except perhaps a Ford Granada! And it doesn't sound German.

Still adoring my Belgian Mondeo. The Genk plant is no more AFAIK but the 3.0 Mk3 estate I paid £1600 for four years ago has guzzled a lot of petrol and made me very happy all the while. Absolutely brilliant car.

If the UK can do more trade with the US after leaving the EU, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can Ford import more right hand drive Mustang V8s! B) And the same to GM for Dodge Chargers and Challengers.

I always buy secondhand so I doubt Brexit will influence my decision. I quite like a Honda Jazz for my next car.

I've never had a German car except perhaps a Ford Granada! And it doesn't sound German.

My dad had a few executive cars during the 1980s and 90s - a mark 1 Granada, Vauxhall Royale and Carlton. He insisted they were British built but all were actually German built.

If the UK can do more trade with the US after leaving the EU, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can Ford import more right hand drive Mustang V8s! B) And the same to GM for Dodge Chargers and Challengers.

I always buy secondhand so I doubt Brexit will influence my decision. I quite like a Honda Jazz for my next car.

One of my friends, with more money than I have is thinking of getting one. I have no money, but I stiill have a Ford Mustang V8, that needs some fixing. The steering wheel is on the wrong side, but craftily, I enter by the other door, thus failing to have an impalement on the parking brake handle. I'm sure mine isn't worth much. My **** or the car. :blink:

My dad had a few executive cars during the 1980s and 90s - a mark 1 Granada, Vauxhall Royale and Carlton. He insisted they were British built but all were actually German built.

You are better off with the German built ones. Apart from the crap gearbox, the Granada was quite good!

Fantastic cars all.

And I'd love them to import the Toyota F-J Cruiser I just love when I'm in Australia.

And I'd love them to import the Toyota F-J Cruiser I just love when I'm in Australia.

Oh yes, they are quite interesting styling wise.

Japan would be a good country to import cars from as they drive on the same side of the road. Only fly in the ointment would be to cost of shipping new cars to the UK. Worth it if it's a Lexus, not worth it if it's a Kei car like a Suzuki Alto.

Fantastic cars all.

I got to drive the boxy plasticky Carlton when I turned 17. Loved it. 2200i auto with velour seats. Loved it a lot!