House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trashingdays

Taking 'open Plan' To The Limit

£1,200 a square foot!

Yeah, but if you don't buy now, you'll miss the boat and never be able to get on the housing ladder. Don't miss out by trying to be clever, you know that following the herd is the true path to housing riches.

Yeah, but if you don't buy now, you'll miss the boat and never be able to get on the housing ladder. Don't miss out by trying to be clever, you know that following the herd is the true path to housing riches.

Not bad if you've eaten a dodgy curry! Worth every penny IMHO! :lol:

eeeewwww! The toilet is next to the kitchen sink!! It's so small, they could have done away with the hand wash basin and had just left the kitchen sink for both bathroom and kitchen use :blink:

Would have left that all-important 2ft square additional "living space" :lol:

eeeewwww! The toilet is next to the kitchen sink!! It's so small, they could have done away with the hand wash basin and had just left the kitchen sink for both bathroom and kitchen use :blink:

Would have left that all-important 2ft square additional "living space" :lol:

Could have taken it a stage further, afterall the toilet makes a reasonable basin of water.

Or just crap in the sink.

I hadn't looked at the floorplan before, just the photos: I'd guess that place is about half the size of my log cabin. Such a bargain for only 150k.

Can this be legal??

It would certainly appear to contravene Part G of the Building Regs;

A space containing a closet or urinal should be separated by a door from a space used for the preparation of food (including a kitchen and any space in which washing up is done).

I sometimes wonder what the people who constructed some of these buildings as beautiful family homes would say if they could see them 100-200 years later, converted into squalid little bedsits (sorry I mean "compact studio flats").

Hardly progress is it?

Edited by Neil D Possitt

I sometimes wonder what the people who constructed some of these buildings as beautiful family homes would say if they could see them 100-200 years later, converted in squalid little bedsits (sorry I mean "compact studio flats").

Hardly progress is it?

I'm afraid that 200 years ago only the very wealthy would be fortunate enough to live in a 2 bedroom house. The majority of the population, that is the working classes lived in hostels and the street.

So in fact although we all see the picture today as pretty dire, we are in fact very very lucky in comparison to our peers of yesteryear. And if you take a look across into the wider world you soon realise we are very lucky people to be living with such high standards.

This is often forgotten, but it is most poignant at this particular time of the year to spare a thought for the many millions of people in the world who will be waking up tommorow with nothing more than a handfull of seeds to feed the entire family and they would consider themselves very fortunate.

I think we all expect far too much these days, and as a result we have lost our way with regard to what is the really important thing about life, and its certainly not material goods.

Guest prudence

I'm afraid that 200 years ago only the very wealthy would be fortunate enough to live in a 2 bedroom house. The majority of the population, that is the working classes lived in hostels and the street.

So in fact although we all see the picture today as pretty dire, we are in fact very very lucky in comparison to our peers of yesteryear. And if you take a look across into the wider world you soon realise we are very lucky people to be living with such high standards.

This is often forgotten, but it is most poignant at this particular time of the year to spare a thought for the many millions of people in the world who will be waking up tommorow with nothing more than a handfull of seeds to feed the entire family and they would consider themselves very fortunate.

I think we all expect far too much these days, and as a result we have lost our way with regard to what is the really important thing about life, and its certainly not material goods.

then why does someone want someone else to give them £150k for a large toilet

Laurejon,

Welcome back! I have enjoyed reading your posts previously and had wondered where you had got to! Hope everything is OK for you.

Forgive me for being the typically nosey Gemini, but there is a definite change in your tone of posting during your break from HPC Are you OK mate?

Edit: Just read your post on another thread. Sorry to hear about that. Please remember that even though this is a really cheesey thing to say... "what goes around comes around..." But the best one is "God pays his debts without money...." Kinda apt for this site I think!

Edited by Badlad1967

Or just crap in the sink.

Whilst living with someone, a few years back, I awoke to find him pi**ing in the kitchen sink. This would have suited him down to the ground . I think I'll send him the link.

:lol:

Laurejon,

Welcome back! I have enjoyed reading your posts previously and had wondered where you had got to! Hope everything is OK for you.

Forgive me for being the typically nosey Gemini, but there is a definite change in your tone of posting during your break from HPC Are you OK mate?

Edit: Just read your post on another thread. Sorry to hear about that. Please remember that even though this is a really cheesey thing to say... "what goes around comes around..." But the best one is "God pays his debts without money...." Kinda apt for this site I think!

Thanks for that it is appreciated.

I too believe in Karma and I can see a pattern emerging whereby I have picked myself up dusted myself off and got on with bigger and better things. The other half is now facing reality, 40 is not a good time to get onto the property ladder with a scuffy uneducated erk!! 15yrs your junior :-)

So in this modern age of entertaining friends at home....

Male and female friends sat down watching a DVD and eating a pizza when the door knocks....

"Alright mate, hello, nice pad you got here"

"Thanks, newly refurbed"

"Nice laminate flooring, very airy"

"Thank you, I am chuffed to bits"

"I ve had a long drive, and there was no where to park though! I am busting for a slash. Can I use your loo?"

"Sure its just, there"

"EEEEEWWWW" (from everyone eating their pizzas)

So in this modern age of entertaining friends at home....

Male and female friends sat down watching a DVD and eating a pizza when the door knocks....

"Alright mate, hello, nice pad you got here"

"Thanks, newly refurbed"

"Nice laminate flooring, very airy"

"Thank you, I am chuffed to bits"

"I ve had a long drive, and there was no where to park though! I am busting for a slash. Can I use your loo?"

"Sure its just, there"

"EEEEEWWWW" (from everyone eating their pizzas)

yeah. but what if he wanted to do a 'number 2' ...?!

:unsure::blink::o

Edited by SHERWICK

Not bad if you've eaten a dodgy curry! Worth every penny IMHO! :lol:

Speaking as someone who's done just that on the eve of the 23rd (hence being awake now after being in bed for 36hours, no turkey for me today :-( ) my God I'm making sure we always have two bathrooms!!

£1,200 a square foot! :blink:

yes and locals in Bulgeria get property at 25eu per m2, you or me would pay about 45eu m2

i know russia is cold but i like it more than London