House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

Theresa May - Tedious And Dreadful

Said she is really hopeless at presenting herself on another thread , looks severe, looks tired, looks ILL (Diabetes or not). Slyly kept a low profile during the Brexit debate. Got to be a Leaver who nailed their colours to the mast and one that hasn't tripped yet....Andrea Leadsom.

Agree with you Mikhail.

Leadsom or possibly Gove for me. My ideal fantasy Cabinet:

Leadsom - PM
Gove - CotE

Liam Fox - Foreign

David Davis - Home

Jacob Rees-Mogg - Justice

Nobsore, May, Cameron on the backbenches.

And Kate Hoey on the opposite side leading.

Agree with you Mikhail.

Leadsom or possibly Gove for me. My ideal fantasy Cabinet:

Leadsom - PM

Gove - CotE

Liam Fox - Foreign

David Davis - Home

Jacob Rees-Mogg - Justice

Nobsore, May, Cameron on the backbenches.

And Kate Hoey on the opposite side leading.

looks like a game we could play with our work mates fantasy cabinet.

i just txt my teacher friend about gove being pm. never seen primary school teacher txt swear so much

Indeed. Bearing in mind that May is the frontrunner (WTF) and last time the Tories voted, they had the choice of David Davis or Jellyfish and opted for the latter.... I'm not that confident any of the above will be in the cabinet :(

"My pitch is very simple. I'm Theresa May and I think I'm the best person to be prime minister of this country."

If she genuinely believes this then she is totally deluded and very dangerous indeed.

Here's my Tory Cabinet From Hell for good measure, and probably more likely:

May - PM

Soubry - CotE

Sajid Javid - Home

Cameron - Foreign

Osborne - Justice

:ph34r:

I see Australian media has dubbed Leadsom the people's chioice in the last hour...not much of a band wagon over here though.

Will be the same age as Maggie in 1979 when she became Britain's first PM, also the East Midlands connection.

I guess Thatcher, Major and Cameron all came out of obscurity when they won the vote of the party.

http://www.australiaunwrapped.com/2016/06/30/andrea-leadsom-the-next-british-prime-minister/

She is great,

she does have history with BTL though, I'd like to see her as part of the Brexit group, if it can be cross party with Stuart and Hoey then Labour will be finished

Theresa May is hated by the police and their families. Her husband is a director of G4S and while the police has been privatised G4S has surprisingly benefited. Her massive clamp down and fraudulent misrepresentation of stop and search has lead to a huge rise in London of kids being stabbed to death. She is a horrible lady.

Michael Gove is despised by teachers, we might of well let Jeremy Hunt put in his hat as the NHS loves him so much. ;)

I can say one good thing about Boris Johson was he was always friendly and supportive to the police. He use to wave and speak to us when new labour were in power. New labour just blanked us and ignore us at the same events when Boris would come up to us and cycle away waving. He continued to be friendly and supportive to police as Mayor.

I'm not saying Boris is perfect but he is hugely better than that horrible lady May.

"My pitch is very simple. I'm Theresa May and I think I'm the best person to be prime minister of this country."

If she genuinely believes this then she is totally deluded and very dangerous indeed.

I would have said that before she made that pronouncement.

She's downright sinister - everything she's done in her job points towards being an autocratic, surveillance obsessed control freak. If she gets into power say goodbye to any vestiges of privacy and civil liberties.

I'm not saying Boris is perfect but he is hugely better than that horrible lady May.

Boris Johnson is charming and intelligent but unfortunately utterly untrustworthy in matters of politics, journalism or love (for that matter).

He has been sacked twice (by The Times and Michael Howard) for lying.

He would be a nightmare for prime minister.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1295125/London-mayor-Boris-Johnson-embroiled-paternity-riddle.html

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/article92257.ece

Boris is OUT of the running.

Nice one, Go Gove.

My bad, only just seen the news.

I wonder if he withdrew because he thought he couldn't win or because he knows the sh*tstorm which the country is now entering.

Honestly, voting for May is like voting for John Major or Gordon Brown. Equal in their lack of character. Equal in their slavish love of the EU. And yet, she's supposed to take us OUT of the EU.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

May has the right history and experience to be Tory leader and PM but frankly she has been a rather poor Home Secretary and the fact she has Type 1 diabetes must raise concerns over her future health. To my mind she does not look well and contrary to what some think weight loss is not a good sign in diabetics. If Leadsom makes the playoff then she has a chance. Gove has the intellectual ability and determination to be PM but no real popular appeal outside the party so will be a huge turn off to voters come GE day. Stabbing Johnson in the back will probably be his defining political moment. History shows that those who kill Caesar rarely emerge as winners in the power struggle that ensues

Edited by stormymonday_2011

I would have said that before she made that pronouncement.

She's downright sinister - everything she's done in her job points towards being an autocratic, surveillance obsessed control freak. If she gets into power say goodbye to any vestiges of privacy and civil liberties.

+1

Leadsom was/is minister for HTB ? Also has a track record in dodgy tax evasion. So it's legitimate in her eyes. To be avoided.

If the final vote off is between leadsom and may, then I'd rather be equally snooped on with bankers and BTLrs then see eye watering financial concessions made to bankers and landlords, the social and familial aquaintences of leadsom. Theresa May, for all her faults, is the daughter of a church minister, a reasonably modest background which should see her remember the little people. I think leadsom has no modest background or connections at all, her background looks hard to find online. Wondering why that would be.