House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Who Thinks Westminster Will Ignore The Result Of The Eu Ref ?

It's gotten to the point now that the MPs, for me, are showing their hand.

They have NO intention of acting in favor of the majority.

I suspect it wont be long till we hear "majority too narrow" and "it's causing a lot of racist bother" or even "we have renegotiated a better deal".

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I suspect we'll see a whole lot of deliberately inflicted pain on the UK, and then use that as an excuse to not pull the trigger any time soon, and then never.

Even greater contempt for the elite, the political process, and the 4th estate will ensue. But the EU will probably fail within 10 years anyway.

After months of bluffing, they will join EFTA which will annoy Farage and many people who voted with the intent of limiting immigration.

The question on the ballot paper was remain or leave the EU, nothing about limiting free movement.

A lot of voters will be pissed off which is why nobody wants to be the one putting this in place, it is probably what needs to happen though.

I wonder if the FTSE and other markets are now priced on the basis in won't happen.

I think the speculators are just using the £250B of debt the bank of England gifted them mins after the vote.

They really dont give a flying **** what people think do they

If they ignore the immigration issue it will not go away.

It just chucks the can further down the road.

UKIP or EIP get stronger.

It will get MUCH worse very quickly now if they dont act.

I don't think they'll ignore it.

If they did, it would decimate portions of both main parties vote to UKIP, potentially letting them get their hands on the levers of power.

They won't even have another referendum nor an election to get the decision overturned. They will want to get the deal done that they want, probably with "immigration lite" and consign Farage to the dustbin of history before the next election.

I hope that's the case because I don't want the possibility of a nationalist party taking control. Too dangerous.

If an election is called and LibLabCon all have Bremain in their manifesto but UKIP have Brexit, do you think UKIP will win the election?

I think the speculators are just using the £250B of debt the bank of England gifted them mins after the vote.

They really dont give a flying **** what people think do they

Where did this £250bn come from, who got it and does it have to be returned?

I don't think they'll ignore it.

If they did, it would decimate portions of both main parties vote to UKIP, potentially letting them get their hands on the levers of power.

They won't even have another referendum nor an election to get the decision overturned. They will want to get the deal done that they want, probably with "immigration lite" and consign Farage to the dustbin of history before the next election.

I hope that's the case because I don't want the possibility of a nationalist party taking control. Too dangerous.

Having devastated the continent once already, I'd argue that the internationalist, Neoliberal ideologues at the ECB are the real threat. Brexit may afford the UK a few short years to insulate itself against the EU's inevitable collapse, but that's all.

UKIP or EIP get stronger.

I agree- it's one thing to be disenfranchised in the first place- but to be told you have a vote and then see your vote overturned is an entirely new level of contempt- and given the regional breakdown of the referendum results it's entirely possible a UKIP majority in a General election could be the outcome. Unless, of course,they intend to overturn the results of General elections as well.

Trying to undo the referendum is playing with fire in my view and the politiicans had better understand this.

I agree- it's one thing to be disenfranchised in the first place- but to be told you have a vote and then see your vote overturned is an entirely new level of contempt- and given the regional breakdown of the referendum results it's entirely possible a UKIP majority in a General election could be the outcome. Unless, of course,they intend to overturn the results of General elections as well.

Trying to undo the referendum is playing with fire in my view and the politiicans had better understand this.

And so it begins...the rise of the right wing.

History repeating.

+17 million

The best thing is to go with controls, let the banks go bust and reset.

17 million will be happy to see the banksters all leave, to franfurt, eireland or edinburgh.

If that crashes the country, so be it, its their fault for inflating the massive ponzi bubble.

Then a few years down the line when our economy is a safe haven, we can sit and watch the euro bubble crash and gloat.

By this time we will all have collected a discount house and be collecting a decent risk free return with 5% rates on our savings.

Edited by GreenDevil

I reckon they will go for Brexit-lite. Formally out of the EU, but still adopting most EU laws and paying in most of what we currently pay.

I don't consider wanting a sovereign country where we control our own borders, trade and laws to be right wing.

Indeed.

But that's not what the vote was for. In/Out of EU were the only choices.

The "Out" choice can take many forms. There's no guarantee that what you desire will be delivered. For that, MPs and elections will decide.

For Brexiters thinking it's a done deal....remember Winston Churchill being kicked out just after the War.