House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SittingBull

Waiting To Sell

We need a name, and an acronym of course, for all those sellers who are waiting to list or relist their properties "when the market picks up again". I've come across a number of these on forums and via personal acquaintances. (both UK and North America) Most seem to be targeting Spring '06.

I'm going to suggest WTS - Wait to Sell

So just how many WTS's are there out there? My sense is that there are many, possibly very many.

DCB - Dead Cat Bouncers

POGUS - Prices Only Go Up Sellers

LUPPIE's - Lets Up Property Prices In Excess (More relevant for EA's?)

C*NTS - Christmas Up - Now To Sell

HTS - Hope To Sell

NACIH's - Not A Chance In Hell

SH*TS - Seller Hopes It Takes Spring

**** - Acheive Residential Spring Effect

SUBR's - Sell Up Before Repossesion

CINZANO's - Cash In Now Zealots And No Offers

Best i can do! Sorry.

Nice suggestions OLDFTB.

I was thinking of calling them "Groundhogs" but I understand that's a North American thing. For those who don't know, Groundhog Day comes in early February. Here's how Wikipedia describes it:

"Tradition states that one must observe a groundhog's burrow on this day. If the groundhog emerges and fails to see its shadow because the weather is cloudy, winter will soon end; however, if the groundhog sees its shadow because the weather is bright and clear, it will be frightened and run back into its hole, and the winter will continue for six more weeks."

If our HPC Groundhogs emerge and fail to see a Spring Bounce....look out! The only hole they'll have to run back into is the sinkhole of debt they've accumulated.

WTF - Waiting Till February, collectively known as a bunch of WTF'ers.

i.e.

"They won't know a crash has started until it hits people like WTF"

"WTF, they will be in for it!"

"WTF, I don't like their chances!"

"The market may catch out those WTF'ers"

"I told them I couldn't sell my house for more than it's worth and the experts were like, WTF!"

so Will They Fall?

Edited by BuyingBear

Guest Bart of Darkness
WTF - Waiting Till February, collectively known as a bunch of WTF'ers.

:lol: Gets my vote!

Nice suggestions OLDFTB.

I was thinking of calling them "Groundhogs" but I understand that's a North American thing. For those who don't know, Groundhog Day comes in early February. Here's how Wikipedia describes it:

"Tradition states that one must observe a groundhog's burrow on this day. If the groundhog emerges and fails to see its shadow because the weather is cloudy, winter will soon end; however, if the groundhog sees its shadow because the weather is bright and clear, it will be frightened and run back into its hole, and the winter will continue for six more weeks."

If our HPC Groundhogs emerge and fail to see a Spring Bounce....look out! The only hole they'll have to run back into is the sinkhole of debt they've accumulated.

I have actually bought one of my brothers a DVD of 'Groundhog Day' for a Christmas present this year. It's a nice film and he's quite a fan of Bill Murray (and Andie McDowell, when SWMBO isn't present :lol:).

But I digress.

How about ASBO's - Anticipating Spring Bounce Owners?

Hi

My brother and also my parents are both putting their properties on the market in January for the first time. This is just adding to the unsold stock in the area. My parents neighbour has only had one viewing in 3 months and to make things worse my parents neighbour on the other side is also about to sell. My brother's friend's flat has fallen through for the third time so it too is back on the market.

We need a name, and an acronym of course, for all those sellers who are waiting to list or relist their properties "when the market picks up again". I've come across a number of these on forums and via personal acquaintances. (both UK and North America) Most seem to be targeting Spring '06.

I'm going to suggest WTS - Wait to Sell

So just how many WTS's are there out there? My sense is that there are many, possibly very many.

:lol:

Same as beginning of this year - Lots of properties will flood the market from January, many of which will be 2nd or 3rd attempts that were unable to find a buyer in 2005. The penny is dropping slowly, but surely.