House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheJudge

Prize For The Greediest Developer?

This is an absolute corker!

1) Buy a house for £458K (houseprices.co.uk).

2) Get planning permission to replace the house with another one (Peakdistrict.org.uk).

3) Don't actually go ahead and build the new house but instead draw a pretty picture and price the "building plot" at £750K (once you include build costs this pushes it over the local market-busting £1M mark!).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-942...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

I challenge anyone to find a better one than this! :blink:

Guest Bart of Darkness

The Figures just dont add up!

Exactly what all my maths teachers used to say.

Maybe I should go into property development.

This is an absolute corker!

1) Buy a house for £458K (houseprices.co.uk).

2) Get planning permission to replace the house with another one (Peakdistrict.org.uk).

3) Don't actually go ahead and build the new house but instead draw a pretty picture and price the "building plot" at £750K (once you include build costs this pushes it over the local market-busting £1M mark!).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-942...pa_n=4&tr_t=buy

I challenge anyone to find a better one than this! :blink:

Okay , what about bought 14/05/2004 for £275,000 (houseprices.co.uk) and now on offer for £475,000 .

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-969...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

I give the prize for the greediest developer (and property owners in this case) to whoever built numerous new flats in 2002 on a major road directly opposite the entrance to the largest nightclub in the city and didn't even bother to sound proof them.

End result? Lots of angry residents' meetings with the council management and even the deputy Commissioner of Police directly involved. The hotel which had live music since the 1960's and operated as a nightclub (to the point of having about half the total capacity of all nightclubs in this city) since 1995 is now permanently closed with over 50 people out of work just before Christmas and everyone from taxi drivers to take away food outlets losing money as nightlife is instantly halved.

The hotel/nightclub was completely soundproofed (literally silent on the footpath outside with the music going full blast inside) but the wealthy flat owners didn't like "grotty" nightclubs in their "elite" suburb and couldn't stand club patrons being in the area.

Greed, Greed and more Greed to build in such a stupid location with a (at the time) over 35 year history of noise just across the road and then organise a major campaign to shut the place down. Outright greed on the part of everyone connected to this development in the wealthiest suburb in town (which was an outright slum where nobody went after dark when the hotel first opened).

With a bit of luck the flats will catch fire and be totally destroyed. Worst case of greed from the rich that I've seen in a LONG time. Damned ugly things too... :angry: :angry: :angry: