HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Someone who can introduce some passing intelligent football, to draw out teams and create better attacks.

Instead of the wham-bam race forward primitive football we've played for 26+ years.

HOLA4416

Can that Eddie Jones bloke get his head round the rules of soccer?

He's turned the England Rugby team from losers into potential world beaters inside a year.

With the Rugby side the problem was clearly a coaching issue (not after eventing, I said the same on here during the world cup) - we have the second most talented group of players in the world and second in the world is the right place in the world rankings for us.

On the footballing side - where to start? They're pretty much all shit. Can't control the ball and have no intelligence: the oft overlooked elephant in the room when it comes to English football - the players aren't taught the correct skills from a young age.

I would argue that as keeping possession is more important than scoring kids football should do away with goals and be about how long you can stop your opponents from having the ball. Encourage flair, creativity, intelligent movement and ball control both with and without the ball.

Until we do that we're destined to fail over and over.

HOLA4417

Someone who can introduce some passing intelligent football, to draw out teams and create better attacks.

Instead of the wham-bam race forward primitive football we've played for 26+ years.

The same football Iceland used to Suberb effect?

As this tournament proved, we're no Barca, and certainly shouldn't try to copy them.

HOLA4418

With the Rugby side the problem was clearly a coaching issue (not after eventing, I said the same on here during the world cup) - we have the second most talented group of players in the world and second in the world is the right place in the world rankings for us.

On the footballing side - where to start? They're pretty much all shit. Can't control the ball and have no intelligence: the oft overlooked elephant in the room when it comes to English football - the players aren't taught the correct skills from a young age.

I would argue that as keeping possession is more important than scoring kids football should do away with goals and be about how long you can stop your opponents from having the ball. Encourage flair, creativity, intelligent movement and ball control both with and without the ball.

Until we do that we're destined to fail over and over.

The elephant in the room is that the EPL is full of the best foreign players because of Sky money.

Graham Taylor could take his pick from the twenty or thirty English strikers playing every week at the top level. Roy Hodgson is just picking up the scraps.

The only way that England will get better is if the EPL becomes rubbish and the TV money goes to another league.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The same football Iceland used to Suberb effect?

As this tournament proved, we're no Barca, and certainly shouldn't try to copy them.

I stopped following England a few years ago. Their style is just too primitive. Sometimes gets results (coming back to beat Germany 2-3 in a friendly was good, a few months ago) but odds are it's not going win tournaments against better sides.

Accepted about Iceland. Perhaps only shows that not only is it primitive in attack, but also leaky for defence, against all types of teams. Highlights suggested to me Iceland wanted it more.

I just don't know any more. Bobby Robson (good) Veneables (mostly good), Svenn, Hoddle, Capello, Umbrella Steve, Hodgson. That's my memory. Pochettino is a brave choice, although I like him. I just think we need radical adjustments, but don't know how to make them myself.

HOLA4421

We don't just need to replace the manager we need to get foreign players playing for England. Our players are 5h1t and only look good playing along more skilled foreign players. Every big war we've fought we've had foreigners fighting on our side so I'm more than happy having them help make our 5h1t players better.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

British football is far too insular for my liking, with the same old names cropping up...Sam Allardyce could have been England manager four times by now... Some of our players should go abroad (if anyone would have them), and the best English coach out there is probably Eddie Howe...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Looking at his work history, it seems that Roy is a great example of the successful EU and the possibility of us all to work in other EU countries.

Hodgson is multilingual: in addition to his native English, he speaks fluent Norwegian, Swedish, German and Italian, as well as some Danish, French and Finnish (Wiki)

Impressive!

Archived