House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dames

Stroud Anecdotal

I will check it out for myself Dames. I come from Wotton-Under-Edge (originally) and there, the number of houses for sale on my street has actually gone down. I will check over Christmas when I go back for some wine and presents (and to see the folks). First Xmas with the grandchild for my folks :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):D:D

Have a good Christmas!

three properties in my street have been for sale for over a year..

Two have been taken back of the market.. one is still trying..

Looks like those bad boys are worth £260,000

I have some lint in my pocket worth £200..

and I am right in that and will not sell it unless I get £200 for it..

someone told me that the sales in pocket lint are down to a 30 year low...

but that they are not overpriced of course.. the price of lint never goes down..

I will check it out for myself Dames. I come from Wotton-Under-Edge (originally) and there, the number of houses for sale on my street has actually gone down. I will check over Christmas when I go back for some wine and presents (and to see the folks). First Xmas with the grandchild for my folks :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):D:D

Have a good Christmas!

Likewise :)

i am on the fylde in lancashire and there has been a large number of for sale signs popped up in the last week especially in lytham and st annes bedsit land. some streets of flats are full of for sale boards all of a sudden.

obviously the BTL's beginning to see the light and panicking. it will be mass panic come springtime.

will the price of for-sale signs rocket ? think i'll buy into uk lumber stocks.

Guest Bart of Darkness

three properties in my street have been for sale for over a year..

Two have been taken back of the market.. one is still trying..

Looks like those bad boys are worth £260,000

I have some lint in my pocket worth £200..

and I am right in that and will not sell it unless I get £200 for it..

someone told me that the sales in pocket lint are down to a 30 year low...

but that they are not overpriced of course.. the price of lint never goes down..

I would like to invest in lint but at current prices I'm worried that I might end up out of pocket.

Its a small world!! I am in Bisley!!

Where did you find this information from? I have noticed that there are 2 x 3 bed houses at 130,000 or less on rightmove.. This hasnt happened for some time so house prices seem to be dropping!

I would like to invest in lint but at current prices I'm worried that I might end up out of pocket.

Lint is the new gold. I'm hoarding it like there is no tomorrow. I want £220 for my pocket's worth so prices have risen by 10% since apom posted last. And of course I am now very rich indeed.

In fact, I think I will use my new lint wealth to secure a self-certified mortgage to buy one of those lovely new flats. I need somewhere to store my lint after all.

West Wales Calling

Two EAs have told me they have dozens of properties waiting to go on as soon as new year breaks - very unusual!!! Another told me that two people had phoned to attempt viewings of ex-council properties on Christmas Day!!! SAD OR WHAT

Just endured a crimbo party in Fishguard. What a sh*****e - the most popular nightspot appeared to be a new take-away called USA Fried Chicken. As for the pub scene - hell on earth! Going to have nightmares about that place for a while yet. The weirdest thing is that the place is becoming quite popular with holiday home investors according to John Francis :blink:

Edited by gruffydd

Also noticed that in the overall postcode area ie : the first 3 digits ( within a mile ) , there have been 36 added in hte last 24hrs.

I know some may be relists , but the 6 near me definately arent.

Dames

all i know for certain is that about 5 years ago there used to be a great chippy in stroud, i got lost one day ( i get lost all the time, ive got a weird thing about directions) i pulled over and found a chip shop, i remember it was on a slope... i ate like a king, made a right mess out of myself ketchup and chip grease all over me.

Ahhh those were the days, the days before tomtom on my mobile, the days where every trip was an adventure.

Time to get drunk, very drunk.

Edited by theChuz

Local search has 80 odd listings for the last 24 hours, 70 odd of which are adverts for one agent showing which houses they have sold this year.

Rightmove is turning into a joke. :lol:

Did the chippy have a shark sticking out of the side of the shop (in the roof?) If so I know where you mean! :)

On a more serious note looking at the listings it seems as though Sawyers estate agents have spent the day posting all the houses ready for the new year. They prob had them stocked up over the last 3 weeks and have only caught up today due to the xmas slow down.

Lets keep it real guys!

Guest Bart of Darkness

Lint is the new gold. I'm hoarding it like there is no tomorrow. I want £220 for my pocket's worth so prices have risen by 10% since apom posted last. And of course I am now very rich indeed.

In fact, I think I will use my new lint wealth to secure a self-certified mortgage to buy one of those lovely new flats. I need somewhere to store my lint after all.

I'm looking further ahead in an effort to catch the next wave.

Navel fluff in colours other than the standard blue/grey is my tip for a breakout in 2007.

I'm in Gloucester and notice that certain agents will re-advertise all their stock every couple of months/weeks, eg Andrews did it last week, Parkers this week to appear in the "24 hours" section. Are the Stroud ones all by one EA?

On the Glos. theme - prices for holiday homes at the Cotswold Water Park have increased substantially in the last few years. Owners are not permitted to live in these homes year-round so most are used as holiday/weekend homes and let to holidaymakers as a supplemental income stream.

Entry prices for these properties have fallen from c.£175k to c.£160k in the last 6 months.

Shame innit.