House Price Crash Forum

Why Has This Forum Become Such A Right Wing Echo Chamber?

Oliver Sutton

HOLA441
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Define right wing.

Is what you define as right wing just the natural conclusion to thinking things through?

I'm fundamentally libertarian and am constantly amazed at how my anti authoritarian views are described as right wing by some of my hard of thinking associates.

HOLA444

I consider myself very much a Liberal with one foot in the Liberals and one foot in Labour.

Somewhere along the way both those parties seem to have moved to the right of me and become vicious, intolerant supporters of fascist views. They are now tolerant of the intolerant and use a combination of the racist card and social media to threaten, bully and silence anyone who questions them.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I consider myself very much a Liberal with one foot in the Liberals and one foot in Labour.

Somewhere along the way both those parties seem to have moved to the right of me and become vicious, intolerant supporters of fascist views. They are now tolerant of the intolerant and use a combination of the racist card and social media to threaten, bully and silence anyone who questions them.

I echo what my esteemed colleague has said.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Put me down for Libertarian.

I guess that makes me right wing but only by virtue of the fact that I believe in small government and civil liberty.. which is the polar opposite of the traditional "left" view.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

..you are talking about the liberal left elite....even Cameron had a Liberal streak...and was totally out of touch with the people...... :rolleyes:

HOLA4412

Do "left" and "right" have a meaning any more? As Mr Lorne says "common sense" rules. If only it were more common. This OT cuts through the BS like a Japanese sword can dice a turd. You should all take it as a compliment BTW. :wacko:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Would that require a 3 or a 4 do you think?

B3Rt_GZIUAAC_sv.jpg

P

Every thread degenerates into poo related stuff! I guess that's some unwritten rule. but why Bristol poo?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Define right wing.

Is what you define as right wing just the natural conclusion to thinking things through?

I'm fundamentally libertarian and am constantly amazed at how my anti authoritarian views are described as right wing by some of my hard of thinking associates.

Don't recall you or anyone else asking a similar question on the "Why Is Social Media Such A Left Wing Echo Chamber?" thread,

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Truth, honesty and openness...... I hate lairs, people who tell untruths to get their own egotistical way, people in leadership that clearly are looking after their own interests, their next job, income and extreme expenses, definitely not in power for the interests of the people that vote them in......out of touch politics....show me a greedy lair and I show you a useless politician. ;)

HOLA4419

Don't recall you or anyone else asking a similar question on the "Why Is Social Media Such A Left Wing Echo Chamber?" thread,

If you think the question is relevant to that thread you were and are free to pose it.

I can't bring myself to take social media seriously. I described Facebook in that thread as a virtue signaling circle jerk, a competition where whoever emotes the most strongly is the winner.

I didn't take umbrage at the use of left wing in that question as I know that almost all of my associates who use it would describe themselves as left wing, and 100% of the regular posters I know would describe themselves such.

I, on the other hand, don't consider myself right wing and I don't think most other posters here would consider themselves such.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Truth, honesty and openness...... I hate lairs, people who tell untruths to get their own egotistical way, people in leadership that clearly are looking after their own interests, their next job, income and extreme expenses, definitely not in power for the interests of the people that vote them in......out of touch politics....show me a greedy lair and I show you a useless politician. ;)

You can be chancellor. You won't spend much, and you might remember, its somebody else's money!

I feel in a very Prime Ministerial mode today!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Nick Abbot on LBC the other night was banging on about some survey saying that positive attitudes to the death penalty are the best indicator of whether one would vote Brexit.

He then couched that as an authoritarian stand point. I simply do not recognise that.

I think i'm a left-ish Libertarian, who recognises that there is CLEARLY an Islamic problem developing in this country.

A lot of my trad Labour chums have a real problem with that. I dont give a monkeys.

What is "Liberal" about wanting more and more government heaped on top of you?

I've been like this since i was old enough to bother with such things.

Never voted Conservative in my life. Never will.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived