House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bearfacts

~another One Bites The Dust

I felt we were in for a crash 2 years ago when the number of EAs in our small riverside

Berkshire village doubled from 2 to 4 in the space of 6 months.One lasted 6 months the second newcomer has just closed down - shame.

Colleague of the wifes told her that her ex husband, who works for one of the more upmarket (poncy) EAs in Berkshire, have for the first time had to pay for their own christmas bash instead of the usual all expenses slap up do in a posh hotel, it was beer and sandwiches in the local - ha ha.

Much to my amazement our old LL sold his house for a grossly inflated sum ( actually about what he had been trying to get 4 years ago). Turns out the muppet who bought it is a builder who has taken out a mortgage of £525,000. What a twit. If nothing else I think this illustrates how lax (desperate)the lenders are - it really does seem to be a case of tell us what you want to borrow. Daft bugger no doubt thinks hes going to tart it up and knock it out for a profit, personally I doubt he'll break even.