House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

The New Ghostbusters Theme Tune

That can't be it?

Surely that's some sort of fan tribute video.

Or do you know that and that's the point and I've fallen for it?

That can't be it?

Surely that's some sort of fan tribute video.

Or do you know that and that's the point and I've fallen for it?

There's also this, which is another shambles...

If you think the theme tune is bad, wait till you see the film.

I know, 4 women? busting ghosts? ffs, they should be at home ironing or something. Is nothing sacred.

Harold Ramis will be spinning in his grave.

I'm going to ******ing remake charlie's angels with 3 fat hairy ******in bluerks. those 3 hot birds can ****** right off.

Its Jeremy Corbyn's fault. He encourages this sort of deviancy.

I'm going to ******ing remake charlie's angels with 3 fat hairy ******in bluerks. those 3 hot birds can ****** right off.

Might as well, those 3 hot birds are old tired women now.

I know, 4 women? busting ghosts? ffs, they should be at home ironing or something. Is nothing sacred.

Harold Ramis will be spinning in his grave.

Its Jeremy Corbyn's fault. He encourages this sort of deviancy.

I thought the trailer was garden variety shit. Subsequently I saw the girl power photo and all the youtube identity politicking, and realised it was shitty on a whole extra level.

The three remaining Ghostbusters appeared on a talk show with the new cast, and Dan Ackroyd was gushing about how good the new movie is.

I'm not buying it. It's just another cheap remake, with the added insult of the third wave feminist message being shoehorned into it.

Apparently members of the original cast were threatened with legal action by Sony if they didn't back the project. Nothing would surprise me.

I hope it bombs. Hard.

The original "Ghostbusters" was a classic film and it cannot be remade. Pin has spoken! :huh:

The original "Ghostbusters" was a classic film and it cannot be remade. Pin has spoken! :huh:

Correct!

It was my favourite film as a child. Our VHS was nearly worn out.

And the first film I ever saw in a cinema was Ghostbusters 2 - me and Dad went to set when I was about 7. I actually remember watching the start of it in the cinema and everyone in the room stomping their feet to the theme song. It's one of my earliest memories actually.

The three remaining Ghostbusters appeared on a talk show with the new cast, and Dan Ackroyd was gushing about how good the new movie is.

I'm not buying it. It's just another cheap remake, with the added insult of the third wave feminist message being shoehorned into it.

Apparently members of the original cast were threatened with legal action by Sony if they didn't back the project. Nothing would surprise me.

I hope it bombs. Hard.

You may be right...

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/paul-feigs-ghostbusters-tracking-for-40-50-million-us-opening-weekend-146

I also went to GB2 in the cinema....when was that? '88 '89?...It was about that bloke in the painting I think...

Film night tonight. I've just negotiated with Son#1 (age 11) to watch (the original) Ghostbusters. I think he'll like it.

[Over the last 8 weeks I've forced him to watch all 98 episodes of the A-Team, from the pilot with the too-young Face (to have been in Vietnam) to the dreadful 5th series. He quite enjoyed them. I'm hoping it will all come in useful when he comes to studying 'media studies' in a few years...]

You may be right...

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/paul-feigs-ghostbusters-tracking-for-40-50-million-us-opening-weekend-146

I also went to GB2 in the cinema....when was that? '88 '89?...It was about that bloke in the painting I think...

Sony chief Tom Rothman recently said the controversy surrounding the reboot is "the greatest thing that ever happened," before adding, "Are you kidding me? We’re in the national debate, thank you. Can we please get some more haters to say stupid things?"

Now I want it to bomb even harder. Seriously, I hope they lose a fortune on this. Condescending pricks.

Film night tonight. I've just negotiated with Son#1 (age 11) to watch (the original) Ghostbusters. I think he'll like it.

[Over the last 8 weeks I've forced him to watch all 98 episodes of the A-Team, from the pilot with the too-young Face (to have been in Vietnam) to the dreadful 5th series. He quite enjoyed them. I'm hoping it will all come in useful when he comes to studying 'media studies' in a few years...]

Now that's how you do fatherhood. Excellent.

I've witnessed the looks of crushing disappointment, on so many friends and relatives faces, when confronted with their abject failure to arouse any interest whatsoever, from their kids, with the toys, entertainment and activities they, themselves, loved as a child.

I've got a bad feeling about the upcoming Bourne iteration.

There's very few film franchises which can seem to withstand more than a single sequel.

I've witnessed the looks of crushing disappointment, on so many friends and relatives faces, when confronted with their abject failure to arouse any interest whatsoever, from their kids, with the toys, entertainment and activities they, themselves, loved as a child.

Ouch, I have discovered this evening that nobody in their twenties has heard of Day Of The Triffids and looks at you like you're an idiot when you describe it to them.

This might be a good time to warn you all...Independence Day 2 is really really really really really really really really really really really really sh1t.

The fact that it opened before Independence Day weekend was probably a giveaway.

P

Yeah someone else on my facebook said it was dreadful - I had been planning on seeing it but will save the money now.

This might be a good time to warn you all...Independence Day 2 is really really really really really really really really really really really really sh1t.

The fact that it opened before Independence Day weekend was probably a giveaway.

P

No surprise then as Independence day was really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really shit in the first place.