House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheeple Splinter

Uk Economy - Bj Says No Need For Haste.

Is anyone else under the impression that BJ did not expect to win? Boris's downcast performance may have been lack of sleep or the resignation of Cameron but, compared to Farage, it was uninspiring to say the least.

Cameron said he will take a leisurely resignation and Boris says there is no need for haste! Meanwhile, the media have another grief mongering frenzy. UK establishment (LibLab included) score null point for contingency planning.

I say there is a need for haste and that the lack of leadership by the blues is pathetic. The political system needs a reset and to echo another poster, official recognition of Independence Day should be the very first thing the blues do.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=boris+johnson+eu&&view=detail&mid=107F32C9431974D37ABB107F32C9431974D37ABB&FORM=VRDGAR

Hang on! Looks like the EU can be decisive!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/stunned-eu-bosses-order-britain-to-pack-your-bags-and-get-out-now/ar-AAhBwiJ?ocid=spartandhp

He's trying to avoid broader economic jitters. I think it's a wise image to project. A bit like Nelson's inability to see the Spanish armada.

He's trying to avoid broader economic jitters. I think it's a wise image to project. A bit like Nelson's inability to see the Spanish armada.

Danish armada.

IMO we need a front of house projection and boiler room action. They need to calm the world, the markets and the UK population, so a bit of outward gentle talk is vital until everybody stops shouting and cools off a bit.

But at the same time I'd expect them to be working moving things at a pace in the background. October is too far off to invoke article 50 and replace Cameron in my opinion. For me the whole point of Leave was that it gives us first dibs to negotiate with the rest of the world and at a time when we were the only ones at the table. I think now there's plenty of incentives for other EU nations to jump ship and try to get first move advantage while we're all busy doing the calm down and carry on thing and congratulating ourselves on how wonderfully British we are.

What's needed is one of Gordon Brown's schedules - like the Scottish referendum.

It's typical of course. One of the biggest globe changing events for decades and there seems to have been no plans for what to do next.

So it's going to be wait until the Conservative leadership contest is over and by then something might have turned up. Everybody will just have to hang around until then and hope for the best.

In the meantime the politicos will have plenty of opportunities to spout on day after day about how bold, decisive, vigilant and generally great they are.

Edited by billybong

I do not care if he has a plan in place or not, I do not want that man as PM. He will split the UK more so than Cameron, just another posh boy who dreamt of power since he was in short trousers. I am pleading with the Tories please look again at David Davis, he is tough no nonsense politician with a sense of fairness, he will dish out tough love if he has to and can relate to a hard working businessman as well as a hard working man in the ghetto. And most importantly he is a Brexiter without having been to high profile.

The man is perfect

BlJo is not posh. Down a heel family who bet the farm on sending him to Eton.

They need to negotiate a legally binding agreement before they start the clock ticking.

Juncker knows a fixed end date suits his negotiating position, which is why he is jumping up and down stamping his feet to plead the UK to make the mistake of starting it straight away.

Interesting, can you elaborate?

BlJo is not posh. Down a heel family who bet the farm on sending him to Eton.

I wouldn't vote for BJ, but then I would not vote blue either. LibLabCon establishment is out of touch and have resorted to political cannibalism rather than accept that, despite depraved tactics, people have voted on what they see.

Cameron, true to form, said he would carry on regardless of the result and then resigns within hours - he is worse than Chamberlain. Cameron should have used the part of his speech welcoming democracy and the will of the people etc. and added the meeting would be first thing on Monday and then resign.

I think we need someone like Ludwig Erhard. 25:00 in

edit: inserted political - the image of Rudd as a zombie was too much

Edited by Sheeple Splinter

What's needed is one of Gordon Brown's schedules - like the Scottish referendum.

It's typical of course. One of the biggest globe changing events for decades and there seems to have been no plans for what to do next.

So it's going to be wait until the Conservative leadership contest is over and by then something might have turned up. Everybody will just have to hang around until then and hope for the best.

In the meantime the politicos will have plenty of opportunities to spout on day after day about how bold, decisive, vigilant and generally great they are.

Itll be wait rudderless for blind panic to ensue.

Elect theresa may.

Give the 1million EU migrants the right to vote.

Call another referendum.

Suck up to the EU and remain in.

Happy days, big business gets its cheap labour, nhs gets its nurses and we get immigration and HPI to infinity.

Again the masses outside of the bubble get ignored and royally screwed over.

Itll be wait rudderless for blind panic to ensue.

Elect theresa may.

Give the 1million EU migrants the right to vote.

Call another referendum.

Suck up to the EU and remain in.

Happy days, big business gets its cheap labour, nhs gets its nurses and we get immigration and HPI to infinity.

Again the masses outside of the bubble get ignored and royally screwed over.

Interesting point, surely Vote Leave wasn't a masquerade of Dave's mates and patsies?

IMO we need a front of house projection and boiler room action. They need to calm the world, the markets and the UK population, so a bit of outward gentle talk is vital until everybody stops shouting and cools off a bit.

But at the same time I'd expect them to be working moving things at a pace in the background. October is too far off to invoke article 50 and replace Cameron in my opinion. For me the whole point of Leave was that it gives us first dibs to negotiate with the rest of the world and at a time when we were the only ones at the table. I think now there's plenty of incentives for other EU nations to jump ship and try to get first move advantage while we're all busy doing the calm down and carry on thing and congratulating ourselves on how wonderfully British we are.

I think you have seen our civil servants and it has to be said old smoothie Carney at their best. Cameron's speech and timetable 'constitutionally cleared' The Junker statement about haste just confirms how the British electorate chose the right path.

I believe on the contrary re other nations jumping ship we are out first and with massive historic links to our commonwealth friends we will have first mover advantage for years. Other nations are minimum eighteen months away from a referendum let alone triggering article 50.There is a school of thought that this is brinkmanship and if we delay just slightly the challenger parties in next years German and French elections are already talking about putting a free trade bi lateral pledge with the UK in their manifestos thats what the unelected fascists of Brussels know and are frankly S***** themselves about.

Whos markets blipped more yesterday ? and it was a blip despite all the left wing London spin. So the world thinks we will be okay.

Dax down 6.8% FTSE 3.1%even the dow was down more. It's like people in a cell shouting you will regret making a break for freedom whilst the world cheers them on.

Cheaper pound more exports? the only two countries who have anything to lose in Europe are France and Germany and they will be like Eva Braun and Hitler in the bunker of Brussels. We are the threat they fear resurgent car industry, financial services as strong as ever and cheaper big ticket exports. The media, software Blah Blah ,I reiterate they are S**** themselves

I voted in because as a business owner my head ruled my heart for a second. I am proud leavers had more sense. I am one of six remainers I know who regret their lack of balls so another lie is that there are more leavers who regret their vote, I would suggest the true sentiment for leave was even larger

This is going to be fun and exciting and thats why I liked old Carney's line we can take a shock ten times this and thats when it was all doom and gloom at 8am and then a casual we can stick the odd £250 billion in.

The UK has changed the world damn good day for our country

Edited by Greg Bowman

They need to negotiate a legally binding agreement before they start the clock ticking.

Juncker knows a fixed end date suits his negotiating position, which is why he is jumping up and down stamping his feet to plead the UK to make the mistake of starting it straight away.

+1 exactly we have made a blinding first move, Juncker responds by threatening us again an un elected apparatchik FFS

To every still remain person can't you see we had to get out ?

I don't know if it's true or not but there does appear to be a risk that the EU may just come up with a deal and say this is it. Bye. Leave clearly had no go plan, in part because they aren't in power. However it's clear that there should have been a time frame put up by leave.

Part of that plan should have been that a GE to be called within 6 months, can a vote of no confidence still trigger a GE with the changes made and the 5 year parliaments?

I don't know if it's true or not but there does appear to be a risk that the EU may just come up with a deal and say this is it. Bye. Leave clearly had no go plan, in part because they aren't in power. However it's clear that there should have been a time frame put up by leave.

Part of that plan should have been that a GE to be called within 6 months, can a vote of no confidence still trigger a GE with the changes made and the 5 year parliaments?

Yes, 2/3 majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-term_Parliaments_Act_2011

I think you have seen our civil servants and it has to be said old smoothie Carney at their best. Cameron's speech and timetable 'constitutionally cleared' The Junker statement about haste just confirms how the British electorate chose the right path.

I believe on the contrary re other nations jumping ship we are out first and with massive historic links to our commonwealth friends we will have first mover advantage for years. Other nations are minimum eighteen months away from a referendum let alone triggering article 50.There is a school of thought that this is brinkmanship and if we delay just slightly the challenger parties in next years German and French elections are already talking about putting a free trade bi lateral pledge with the UK in their manifestos thats what the unelected fascists of Brussels know and are frankly S***** themselves about.

Whos markets blipped more yesterday ? and it was a blip despite all the left wing London spin. So the world thinks we will be okay.

Dax down 6.8% FTSE 3.1%even the dow was down more. It's like people in a cell shouting you will regret making a break for freedom whilst the world cheers them on.

Cheaper pound more exports? the only two countries who have anything to lose in Europe are France and Germany and they will be like Eva Braun and Hitler in the bunker of Brussels. We are the threat they fear resurgent car industry, financial services as strong as ever and cheaper big ticket exports. The media, software Blah Blah ,I reiterate they are S**** themselves

I voted in because as a business owner my head ruled my heart for a second. I am proud leavers had more sense. I am one of six remainers I know who regret their lack of balls so another lie is that there are more leavers who regret their vote, I would suggest the true sentiment for leave was even larger

This is going to be fun and exciting and thats why I liked old Carney's line we can take a shock ten times this and thats when it was all doom and gloom at 8am and then a casual we can stick the odd £250 billion in.

Honest post and good read; is it possible that the referendum result may be more liberating than just the EU? I hope so.

They can't we are operating within a framework that is pre agreed, and nothing can happen till we trigger the article so get some popcorn and watch the Brussels show :)

The media suggest lots of money lost in financial markets but, from my time on HPC, I reckon a lot of money has been made during the referendum. Would it have been similar to the ERM Black Wednesday and will there be a 'Windfall Tax' or will the existing tax regime be adequate?

Honest post and good read; is it possible that the referendum result may be more liberating than just the EU? I hope so.

Certainly what Trump said and Obama is furiously back pedaling at the moment

Guest BillyNI

Certainly what Trump said and Obama is furiously back pedaling at the moment

Furiously back peddling? How?

Lovely post mate, thanks.

the only two countries who have anything to lose in Europe are France and Germany

We are the threat they fear resurgent car industry, financial services as strong as ever

The UK will be the sick man of Europe when house prices start falling and the banks go pop again. Nobody else has a financial sector so grossly oversized relative to the host economy. Not that this would be any different in or out of the EU, I just think we should be careful about saying how great the UK economy is when it's clearly one vigorous w*nk away from a massive brain haemorrhage.

The UK will be the sick man of Europe when house prices start falling and the banks go pop again. Nobody else has a financial sector so grossly oversized relative to the host economy. Not that this would be any different in or out of the EU, I just think we should be careful about saying how great the UK economy is when it's clearly one vigorous w*nk away from a massive brain haemorrhage.

Deutsche banks 75 trillion derivative bubble and hit 30 year low share price a few days ago ring any bells?