House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

Moodys Uk Negative Rating

Oh dear.

On the news now.

Just as well we are great, as all the doleys and public se tor workers tell me. We'll soon crank up exporting Trumph motorbikds and Woolesly cars.

And its not like Great!!!! Britain needs to borrow loads of money, being Great!!!! And all that.

Would we need to borrow £10Bn a month if we kicked out the migrants are aren't self-sufficient? By the way, self-sufficiency is a typical requirement for most countries around the globe who aren't signed up to a superstate like the EU. Non-EUs on settlement visas have to be self-sufficient. Surely it's a matter of time before the UK says "migrated from the EU? We stop your benefits from X date".

Would we need to borrow £10Bn a month if we kicked out the migrants are aren't self-sufficient? By the way, self-sufficiency is a typical requirement for most countries around the globe who aren't signed up to a superstate like the EU. Non-EUs on settlement visas have to be self-sufficient. Surely it's a matter of time before the UK says "migrated from the EU? We stop your benefits from X date".

I think a big contributor to our 5% budget deficit and 7% current account deficit is taxcredits to EEs.

There is no data to check this, which makes me think it is the case i.e. ukgov sitting on stats showimg EU tax credit claims.

I think a big contributor to our 5% budget deficit and 7% current account deficit is taxcredits to EEs.

There is no data to check this, which makes me think it is the case i.e. ukgov sitting on stats showimg EU tax credit claims.

Northampton is absolutely full of EEs in the town centre (NN1) postcode which is actually a large aera - loads of youth (14 to 19) as well. No way can I ever imagine these are people who are totally self-sufficient and do not require public funds of some sort. Time to rein in the spending. Seriously, if bleeding hearts want us to simply pay for other people's expenses, where do we draw the line? Why do we go into debt on behalf of supporting other people? If you said "you can stay, but must be self-sufficient" that's a generous offer. It's an offer that's given to non-EUs on settlement visas, and I'd imagine that the Home Office would have to switch EU migrants to a similar footing. It would allow self-sufficient migrants to carry on as they are in the UK, contributing to the economy. The spongers will have to leave.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

Does a brexit mean our governement will be able to stop paying tax credits to EEs? Awwwww i need to get my violin out.

Does a brexit mean our governement will be able to stop paying tax credits to EEs? Awwwww i need to get my violin out.

The ECJ confirmed that the other week for all EU countries.

Way too late.

UK gov can stop all EU benefit payments now. It shoild.

No data?

Except the size of the deficit and the size of the tax credit bill and the fairly obvious point that it's mostly British people getting tax credits so that your hunch is completely wrong?

Apart from that crack on.

No data?

Except the size of the deficit and the size of the tax credit bill and the fairly obvious point that it's mostly British people getting tax credits so that your hunch is completely wrong?

So where's your data? 300,000+ EEs come to the UK every year and land top jobs that don't require any benefits? What's their secret?!!

No data?

No. All the EEsstmy kids school are claiming TCs.

These rating agencies shouldn't even exist. They are a joke. They coudn't even rate toxic assets correctly.

Should be in jail.

These rating agencies shouldn't even exist. They are a joke. They coudn't even rate toxic assets correctly.

Should be in jail.

Its an opinion. People and companies can pay someone else if they want.

Can we not print to infinity to pay our debt?

We can, but nobody is going to buy our bonds unless thay are priced accordingly and the mortgage rates would have to be adjusted upwards too. But I guess the country's welfare and debt addicts come in at number one, no doubt the indebted and welfare lifers will be higher up the priority order than the integrity of the currency.

Edited by crashmonitor

Of course we've been downgraded. The globalist establishment is very cross with British voters and will tell us off quite a bit for the next few months. Expect similar gestures from Investment Banks, from the IMF, from notable investors ("Soros says pulling back from UK investments, Buffet selling % of UK holdings, that sort of thing), stories of firms considering job losses and relocations etc etc etc.

The stories will be jumped on by the media and by people who were Remainers, while success stories will be ignored, but who cares. It's never been a fair playing field, but we still won! ;)

Of course we've been downgraded. The globalist establishment is very cross with British voters and will tell us off quite a bit for the next few months. Expect similar gestures from Investment Banks, from the IMF, from notable investors ("Soros says pulling back from UK investments, Buffet selling % of UK holdings, that sort of thing), stories of firms considering job losses and relocations etc etc etc.

The stories will be jumped on by the media and by people who were Remainers, while success stories will be ignored, but who cares. It's never been a fair playing field, but we still won! ;)

^ This.

Besides, nobody believes the rating agencies anyway.. they were the ones who said the mortgage CDOs were OK.

The stories will be jumped on by the media and by people who were Remainers, while success stories will be ignored, but who cares. It's never been a fair playing field, but we still won the first EU referendum! ;)

Slight edit for you as you were already on the way towards what's going to happen.

Re rating agencies, if they were any good they would have put us on negative watch before the referendum, then downgraded our rating on the result.

^ This.

Besides, nobody believes the rating agencies anyway.. they were the ones who said the mortgage CDOs were OK.

I thought Soros was a money trader...

As for people selling their Uk shares, well, that means somebody else will be buying.

The ECJ confirmed that the other week for all EU countries.

Way too late.

UK gov can stop all EU benefit payments now. It shoild.

That's an interesting test for Corbyn following his speech today. He is conducting research into why immigration has become an issue since the referendum started.

That's an interesting test for Corbyn following his speech today. He is conducting research into why immigration has become an issue since the referendum started.

Good ole Jezza, finger on the pulse, spring coiled, etc etc.