House Price Crash Forum
curious1

Project Fear Blowback

You would have thought the BBC would have stopped the project fear bias by now but the get the idea they still want their EU cash.

I was wondering about that.. Evan Davies was bordering on hysterical when he was talking to Daniel Hannon on Newsnight this evening.

What is he playing at? People don't want hysteria right now.. they want to know whats going to happen, and Evan should shut up and let the interviewee answer the bloody questions.

Edited by ManVsRecession

What .. even Churchill the next generation is getting **** for this. Makes me wish I still had a TV .. nothing half an hour at sainsburys can't fix mind.

The BBC are a disgrace. Full on scaremongering mode this morning. OMG what have you done. 'Experts', academics and 'told you so' politicians. We are on the naughty step.

Remain - govt, institutions haven't prepared for an out vote. Thought Project Fear would work

Leave - didn't think they'd win, so have no answers (that said it is a process).

We do need to move on now quickly; and a strong leader needs to emerge to steady ship and drive this through.

The #VileBBC are the least impartial (most partial?) of the lot of them and they barely even try to hide it now. The real disgrace is people think they are watching a balanced source of information. From what I've seen the past two days they are the most responsible for the subsequent casual demonising of brexit voters as racists. Horrible corporation.

On BBC news special last night: male presenters in black suits & black ties, Kuenssberg in black dress. Slumped posture, hangdog expressions. Like it was a day of national mourning.

Then they showed a segment filmed in the Midlands. They picked the most inarticulate, unappealing, stereotypically thick anti-forriner vox pops they could. One actually appeared to have learning disabilitiea. Editorially it pointed to 'See the thickies who have destroyed your country'. Cut to: articulate, nice, attractive migrant workers in London, who feel sad about the result. Juxtaposition designed to maximise rage of the thwarted leave voters. It was rabble-rousing stuff.

Considering complaining on the basis that they're going to start a civil/class war if they keep stoking tensions like this. :(

On BBC news special last night: male presenters in black suits & black ties, Kuenssberg in black dress. Slumped posture, hangdog expressions. Like it was a day of national mourning.

Then they showed a segment filmed in the Midlands. They picked the most inarticulate, unappealing, stereotypically thick anti-forriner vox pops they could. One actually appeared to have learning disabilitiea. Editorially it pointed to 'See the thickies who have destroyed your country'. Cut to: articulate, nice, attractive migrant workers in London, who feel sad about the result. Juxtaposition designed to maximise rage of the thwarted leave voters. It was rabble-rousing stuff.

Considering complaining on the basis that they're going to start a civil/class war if they keep stoking tensions like this. :(

Yeah this is pretty sick, and shows how much they hate the people of this country. They see the poor in places like the Midlands and north as being good for one thing.... voting Labour.

As Nigel said, it was the Midlands and North that won it. Places that have been totally wrecked by political experimentation.

It's pretty sad to see a Brit from the bottom 30% of the population being forced to compete with someone from the top 30% or so of another country. When the Brit does not do so well, politicians and the top 30% of the British population delight in ridiculing the guy at the bottom of British society.

Edited by reddog

Had to turn the program off though for the first time ever, I did not like the ranting by Adam Hills about Farage, he obviously never listened to Alex

I no longer watch that due to Adam Hills (incedentally not from these shores yet with a decisive opinion on our politics)

The #VileBBC are the least impartial (most partial?) of the lot of them and they barely even try to hide it now. The real disgrace is people think they are watching a balanced source of information. From what I've seen the past two days they are the most responsible for the subsequent casual demonising of brexit voters as racists. Horrible corporation.

Their dreams of a europe wide broadcasting/internet tax have been dashed

They'd probably all been awake for about 36 hours by then... Edited by Scunnered

Alex Brooker is from round this way. Heavily pro Leave. I don't watch the show but from what I've seen of him I reckon he's a Brexiter but won't admit it or his career will be dead in the water. Can't blame him.

Also I think by bbc standards Kuenssberg is quite neutral. When the result was first announced Dimbleby looked ready to faint. She was the only one who accepted the result and tried to maintain balance.

Yeah this is pretty sick, and shows how much they hate the people of this country. They see the poor in places like the Midlands and north as being good for one thing.... voting Labour.

As Nigel said, it was the Midlands and North that won it. Places that have been totally wrecked by political experimentation.

It's pretty sad to see a Brit from the bottom 30% of the population being forced to compete with someone from the top 30% or so of another country. When the Brit does not do so well, politicians and the top 30% of the British population delight in ridiculing the guy at the bottom of British society.

You articulate what I am observing far better than I could. Thank you.

Project fear really kicked in when the BBC rolled out Tony Blair Eddie Izard and Bob Fxxxxxg Geldof , that did it for me and many others, I honestly don't know one person who would ever want to be associated now with these people.

I've heard it said on BBC (can't remember who it was) that graduates voted remain and non-graduates voted leave as if it was a question of educated versus thickos (that was what was implied). Unbelievable :wub:

They're not just ridiculed though, they are punished by the UC and JSA system.

I was wondering about that.. Evan Davies was bordering on hysterical when he was talking to Daniel Hannon on Newsnight this evening.

What is he playing at? People don't want hysteria right now.. they want to know whats going to happen, and Evan should shut up and let the interviewee answer the bloody questions.

I suspect we're being set up for a second referendum, to get it 'right' this time. It's the EU way.

Janch. Dimbleby made that point very clear throughout the election night. London liberals with degrees know how to vote but the proles and blue collars without degrees are dense.