House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CunningPlan

Where Is The Good News?

Feeling a little deflated. The vote went the way I wanted, and I fully agree with the muted tones of the out leaders' speeches - but where is the Martin Luther moment?

Now that all the lies should be behind us I want someone to stand up and inspire the UK into action to achieve the very best we can. It all seems very moribund. Everyone, including vote leave, seem a little depressed today. Almost a 'God what have we done?' atmosphere.

What we need now is a great leader with vision and the power to inspire and reunite a disparate people. I worry that we don't have one.

Christ, they're probably all incredibly tired. I know I am, haven't slept for 36 hours.

Ive got a bet on David Davis at 66/1. And JRM at 20/1.

Wanted to punt on Dan Hannan at 100/1 but the odds scared me off.

What we need now is a great leader with vision and the power to inspire and reunite a disparate people. I worry that we don't have one.

I think now that the United Kingdom of England and Wales have gotten what they wanted, they are going to be a rudderless mess. Arguing, backstabbing and fallouts. It's is going to be very messy.

I think now that the United Kingdom of England and Wales have gotten what they wanted, they are going to be a rudderless mess. Arguing, backstabbing and fallouts. It's is going to be very messy.

Your wishful thinking hasn't been so accurate though as of late, has it?

Well as I`ve said before, things keep on happening year after year....maybe 50 years. maybe 200 or maybe 1,000 years.

Then things switch into reverse. No one knows why this happens, it just happens.

It seems that the NWO expects things to be predictable and are unable to cope with this unpredictability .

Maybe people are doing it for themselves ?

I disagree with your first two words.

David Davis.

DD is my choice too.

I actually voted remain (based on my head), but my heart was in Brexit. As a Conservative Party member, I also voted for DD over Cameron last leadership election.

During the course of the referendum campaign, I was increasingly put off by Boris, Gove and Farage, as it seems little truth eminated from them.

David Davis and Liam Fox did a much more balanced job, and had they been more prominent and been allowed to issue more of a formal plan, then I might have been more comfortable voting Brexit. My view of Dave Cameron also improved over the campaign,

I now think neither Boris of Gove should be allowed anywhere near the machinery of Government, as they can't be trusted.

I like this comment

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the Euro Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one.It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom!

The only constant in the universe is change.
Growth can come about through change. If we resist change, then we get stagnation. Perhaps this will mark the bottom of the global economic gloom in the very long term. The road is long, and not easy. A leader will come, soon enough. Life will find a way.
Think about all the new work to do now - all the bureaucrats now have a lifetime of work rearranging a new EU!

But then the £ rallied past February levels,

I think the junior staffer at the Mail got their figures mixed up. Pound is at >yearly lows against the dollar and euro. Big falls today.

Not possible. You can't unite a people who vote the way Britons did in the referendum. How can you unite Northern workers who want to be British with London bankers who want to be Belgian?

The good news is that the country is going to break up into multiple nations, and good fences make good neighbours. If Trump wins in America, the future will be looking bright.

sounds like democracy in action.

To the SJW ears, debate and discussion is division and Hate, which, of course, needs to be shut down in the cause of peace and enlightenment.

I've found the right size blu ray writer to fit in my laptop. The previous one I bought was too thin.

I've found the right size blu ray writer to fit in my laptop. The previous one I bought was too thin.

Check there isn't a kitten stuck in it.

Check there isn't a kitten stuck in it.

My films are full of more interesting pussy. :blink: