House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ILikeBigBoobs

Estate Agent Went Home Early - Possible Housing Crash

I saw an estate agent go home early from the pub last night - having read the posts on this site I've learnt to deduce from this information that he is short of money therefore not selling any houses at all - this obviously means that next year prices will plummet back to pre war levels.

So, I now intend to sell up and rent a dingy, rat infested hovel for the next ten years and then, with all the money I've saved, buy a large Surrey mansion set in 10 acres for around £20K (although I may haggle it down a bit).

:)

So, I now intend to sell up and rent a dingy, rat infested hovel for the next ten years and then, with all the money I've saved, buy a large Surrey mansion set in 10 acres for around £20K (although I may haggle it down a bit).

Or you could rent a place twice the size using the interest on the money you make. :D

Nah! I won't bother - I think I like owning a place to which I can do what I want - it's called quality of life!

Cor paid off your mortgage entirely! lucky g*t

Cor paid off your mortgage entirely! lucky g*t

I guess I am :)

Anyway, must dash and genuinely wish all you FTBers all the best in your search for a home. As for the STR's well, you took a gamble and so far have lost - please don't winge.

Edited by ILikeBigBoobs

Anyway, must dash and genuinely wish all you FTBers all the best in your search for a home. As for the STR's well, you took a gamble and so far have lost - please don't winge.

Judging by your username and piccie I'd hazard a guess that you aren't old enough to have a home to call your own let alone a mortgage.

Although there's an idea. Mortgages for schoolkids. Get them on the property ladder early. You know it makes sense!

Good luck in your exams by the way. Those GCSEs will prove very useful when you need that job in McDonald's.

I saw an estate agent go home early from the pub last night - having read the posts on this site I've learnt to deduce from this information that he is short of money therefore not selling any houses at all - this obviously means that next year prices will plummet back to pre war levels.

:)

quality..

I like sarcasim..

although it does work best when used to extremes.. ;)

would you buy something that is known to have the most cyclical market behaviour of any asset class.. something that has increased in cost by 300% in 7 years...?

Nope..

Well done..

bless you..

Guest Bart of Darkness
I saw an estate agent go home early from the pub last night - having read the posts on this site I've learnt to deduce from this information that he is short of money therefore not selling any houses at all

Maybe he thought his luck was in, being eyed up all night from across the bar.

When you didn't make a move he must have decided to cut his losses and leave.

buddy.. I have seen 30% drops against new builds down my way..

Paying of a mortgage faster then any with a mortgage can be achieved when prices are falling this fast

Nah! I won't bother - I think I like owning a place to which I can do what I want - it's called quality of life!

In that case leave the UK.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The avarage citizen in (let's say) Japan lives better than the vast majority in the UK (property owners or not).. Ditto Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong...

What like take the stair bannister roughly from behind? You know it wants it.