House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Why Is Social Media Such A Left Wing Echo Chamber?

The stuff on Facebook and Twitter about Brexit is just the latest example. I'm fairly sure I have a good mix of left, right & centre friends on FB for example, but my newsfeed is almost entirely filled up with lefty bile every time there's some big event.

Why is that?

When you're a hard nosed ******* you're happy to just get on with it and do the right thing whether that finds favour with others or not.

If you're seeking social validation then a virtue signaling circle jerk where whoever emotes the strongest is the winner is just the ticket.

Good question, but it raises another one - why are left-leaning people so full of bile in the first place? Or is it that they use social media as a vent, being heedless of the consequences (for themselves and others)?

2bb7b0b80e3d774e1e39aecfe4a88310.jpg

Good question, but it raises another one - why are left-leaning people so full of bile in the first place? Or is it that they use social media as a vent, being heedless of the consequences (for themselves and others)?

I wonder how many of those posts would result in criminal prosecution if the word "white" were replaced with "black".

I've recently come across a very unpleasant person...constant need to be right at others expense. Everyone else is the problem. People don't understand how dangerously stupid they are etc.

Mentioned today she was a Green. Ah...penny dropped.

I am neither a Green nor a she thank you.

Lots of free time I guess. Everyone else is busy working.

Pretty much this. Also virtue signalling is going to be a big part from the types of people who are very vocal on social media, such as the Nu-Male:

kfdtxSy.png

Two reasons:

- politics has become the new religion. instead of people all sitting in a church together to feel a sense of belonging, they come up with clever things to say online

- as someone else said, the harder left someone is, typically the less their job actually involves any real graft, so they have more free time to fill up social media with their opinions

Pretty much this. Also virtue signalling is going to be a big part from the types of people who are very vocal on social media, such as the Nu-Male:

kfdtxSy.png

Good lord that's incredible - where did you get it? Unfortunately I might 'look' a bit like that group, but I don't behave like them.

Brb getting hair transplant, laser eye surgery, and steroids.

Pick any subject, social media is an echo-chamber for it. Just look at the site you're reading right now.

Yes, fair point. I was really meaning the very large scale social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Anonymous forums are much more diverse.

IS this forum "anonymous"?

Try posting left wing opinions on here....

I believe in the dictatorship of the proletariat (called voting), and the common ownership of the means of production (known as shares or stock). Also I have a tie with a bit of red on it. :blink: