House Price Crash Forum

Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Just think: if NI Remainers had been properly informed, there might have been fewer of them - and Leave might have won in NI, leaving Alban the oddball of the Union.

Other than this, the photo has diddly-squat to do with the SNP.

It's "Exmond" - a name which suggests that its owner would like to secede from more than just the UK. "Stop the world, I want to get off"

Are you listening to yourself? "If NI Remainers had been properly informed". That's some arrogance there!

You seem to have missed the rather obvious thing about my username!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1975 Referendum:

375px-United_Kingdom_European_Communitie

P

So the Shetlands weren't keen? If thats the case today, The Shetlands might cede from Scotland and re-leave the EU. I bet the Shetlands were p***ed off with mainland Scotland in 1975, locking them into the EC undemocratically against their wishes.

Edited by happy_renting

I do get some pleasure hearing that Ms. Rowling realises she p***ed away £1m on a cause she no longer supports.

I take great pleasure in that too. Having said that though I would rather have her as a friend than an enemy.

Late here, just thought I would add

That my Misses was finance director of the Scottish Parliament for a year. She tells me it was the most wasteful inaccurate unanswerable to the public organisation she ever had dealings with,

Meanwhile the oil is worthless and as a member of the EU and England not they would actually start to receive the kind of Eastern European influx England has had. Good luck with all this...

Course she will, and hopefully the EZ is well on the way to collapse before she even gets a sniff at a euro.

And what makes you so confident of that?

The first poll that has come out since the EU referendum has put support for independence at 59% (just under 65% if you exclude don't knows) while a second poll from the Sunday Times is rumored to show YES in the lead as well.

There seems to be a trend on Twitter and Reddit of former NO voters switching to YES.

There is of course the EU referendum result itself which was 62% in favour of remaining in the EU.

What are you basing your opinion on?

Edited by Exmond

The "horse" on the right is as fake as the type of "independence" being pushed by its rider

Fake Independence! That's good.

Fake independence sounds a lot more appealing than the "union" we are currently in. A union which has us being ruled by an un-elected head of state, an un-elected second chamber and a first chamber governed by a party which took 1.7% of the seats in Scotland. A union which, if Scotland does nothing, will act against the wishes of 62% of people who voted remain in the EU referendum. A union who's representatives promised the Scottish people multiple times that if they wanted to stay in the EU then it was imperative that they vote NO to Scottish independence.

I'd love me some of that there "fake independence"!

Fake Independence! That's good.

Fake independence sounds a lot more appealing than the "union" we are currently in. A union which has us being ruled by an un-elected head of state, an un-elected second chamber and a first chamber governed by a party which took 1.7% of the seats in Scotland. A union which, if Scotland does nothing, will act against the wishes of 62% of people who voted remain in the EU referendum. A union who's representatives promised the Scottish people multiple times that if they wanted to stay in the EU then it was imperative that they vote NO to Scottish independence.

I'd love me some of that there "fake independence"!

Under the EU you have not one but FIVE unelected presidents, not an unelected second chamber but an unelected FIRST chamber (the commission, which the EUParl rubber-stamps), and even in that second chamber Scotland will supply less than 1.7% of the seats.

Meanwhile you say nothing to dispel the proposition that to leave the UK yet enter the EU under far more restrictive conditions (the burning building with no exitseuro, and the open door for criminalsSchengen area) is the biggest jocular travesty of real independence any of us would ever see.

Because make no mistake, this is exactly what the SNP would have to do. See the references to authoritative EU sources in post #196, which I'm not at all surprised to see you've ignored (and that in a thread you've obviously been refreshing every 30 seconds all evening).

Edited by Qetesuesi

Under the EU you have not one but FIVE unelected presidents, not an unelected second chamber but an unelected FIRST chamber (the commission, which the EUParl rubber-stamps), and even in that second chamber Scotland will supply less than 1.7% of the seats.

Meanwhile you say nothing to dispel the proposition that to leave the UK yet enter the EU under far more restrictive conditions (the burning building with no exitseuro, and the open door for criminalsSchengen area) is the biggest jocular travesty of real independence any of us would ever see.

Because make no mistake, this is exactly what the SNP would have to do. See the references to authoritative EU sources in post #196, which I'm not at all surprised to see you've ignored (and that in a thread you've obviously been refreshing every 30 seconds all evening).

Joining the euro sounds quite appealing now that Boris and co. have taken a massive s*it on the pound! As for Schengen, last time I checked the republic of Ireland hadn't signed up to it.

The EU is going to want to make an example out of England and Wales. They will want to make sure Scotland (and Northern Ireland?) are seen to be successful countries inside the EU and that England and Wales made a mistake leaving to show other EU countries that leaving is a bad idea.

Anyway, Scotland wants to be part of the EU, Scottish Independence or not, so your argument is kind of moot.

Edited by Exmond

Last I heard, the others weren't going to give Scotland a t*ss in case they enouraged their own rebellious regions.

You heard wrong. I believe that was the Spanish foreign minister bumping his gums rather than any official statement from an EU nation. Scotland will have no problem joining.

Anyway, Scotland wants to be part of the EU, Scottish Independence or not, so your argument is kind of moot.

Still not figured out why they want to join an organisation which imposes its own rules on them and gives them far less say and influence than they've got in the UK. I've a bit of respect for Scots who want shot of both the UK and the EU, none whatsoever for the ones who want to leave the UK and join the EU. I suppose the greedy ones want the Magic EU Money Fairy to visit, heaven knows what the rest are after.

Edited by Riedquat

So the Jocks and the folk in London appear to want the same thing.

How mad is that..?

Being from County Durham - an area well pillaged by the toffs in London over the years - I have always felt a kinship with the Scots.

But after being given your chance last year - which you bottled - you now bleat at those of us south of the border who have chosen the freedom that you lot have craved for centuries, and yet reject it when you are offered it on a plate..!

Just when exactly did you Buckfast-drinking bastards turn so soft...?

XYY