House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

Ftse Down Over 7%

We shall see what the fallout is in the EU over the coming few years - in the medium term the UK could be seen as a safe haven if if goes belly up there...

The FTSE is currently at the price it was a week ago, most of the losses are caused by people selling their long positions they had on the remain vote. It's similar with the currency too. We won't really know for years what the impact is and then we won't know if the same wouldn't have happened anyway if we voted to remain.

Above 6000. Has anyone heard rumours of interventions, or even just comments from Carney et al?

Carney has "offered £250bn to calm the markets" apparently.

ffs

..... most of the losses are caused by people selling their long positions they had on the remain vote. It's similar with the currency too.

Not sure about the latter point concerning sterling. Today's movement is huge and takes sterling to a low against the dollar not seen for many years.

We will have to see what happens over the coming hours/weeks/months. This may just be market volatility or it may turn out to be the start of a more sustained movement.

I tried to buy several stocks this morning but the trading platform (HL) was so slow, I couldn't execute anything (buying).

I don't see anything worth buying now.

Keeping my powder dry for the next significant dip. Usually get some sort of retest within 2-3 weeks after initial vol dies down. If not the one after. They come along sooner or later

Just to add some balance to all the doom laden predictions of Armageddon, here's a really positive, upbeat statement from Aston Martin boss Andy Palmer. He sees a weaker pound for what it is, a boost to competitiveness, not a reason to go around making like Chicken Licken.

https://next.ft.com/content/0ff20981-388a-3f58-9090-b8a3654b7ead

The FT must have hated to have to have reported this. It's editorial has been hysterical this morning.

Just to add some balance to all the doom laden predictions of Armageddon, here's a really positive, upbeat statement from Aston Martin boss Andy Palmer. He sees a weaker pound for what it is, a boost to competitiveness, not a reason to go around making like Chicken Licken.

https://next.ft.com/content/0ff20981-388a-3f58-9090-b8a3654b7ead

The FT must have hated to have to have reported this. It's editorial has been hysterical this morning.

They sell about 1600 cars per year to Europe. Not a game changer for UK balance of payments, I suspect ?

What I would like to see is a HPC asap.