House Price Crash Forum

Black Friday

doomed

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the black swan event we all knew would eventually come.

Will they raise rates to try and protect sterling?

If we don't get cheaper houses on the back of this we never will.

Black Friday...understatement of the year.

There is no black black enough for this one.

Nudge nudge.... what you buying squire......?

I tried to buy AstraZeneca when it went to 3700 (now 3919), Stagecoach at 229 (now 237), British Land at 515 (now 646).

But HL site just kept failing to complete, the front page of their website said working but a bit slow. However, it simply didn't work when I needed it. Any time I went to put in my trading password, it just locked up.

Don't rely on anything I suggest, I'm just an idiot looking to buy low, collect divis, no trading.

I tried to buy AstraZeneca when it went to 3700 (now 3919), Stagecoach at 229 (now 237), British Land at 515 (now 646).

But HL site just kept failing to complete, the front page of their website said working but a bit slow. However, it simply didn't work when I needed it. Any time I went to put in my trading password, it just locked up.

Don't rely on anything I suggest, I'm just an idiot looking to buy low, collect divis, no trading.

Iv just bought some Stagecoach myself at 2.31p for my divi portfolio.Also picked up a few Marstons,i was going to add those as my next share so got them today.

I import for my business so the £ hit will cost me,but i bought enough $ to cover my next container.

Why did the pound fall though. Is it because the outlook for UK is poorer, or is it because the market knows that the BoE answer to everything is to print money?

I don't understand how QE is supposed to support the pound? maybe I'm just stuck in a previous paradigm.

As I've eluded to earlier on here, my business is online retail tracking and conversion. It's about 12-14% down from a normal (ie last) Friday so far.

I'm sure a lot of that is due to people taking the day off/pissing about on forums, but was surprised it was lower.

I really don't think Brexit will actually happen. The House of Lords can veto the vote can't they?

There is precedent here; the EU doesn't have a good record when it comes to accepting referendum results which go against the projects aims.

Denmark, France and Eire have all rejected various stages of close EU integration and each time, the terms were tweaked and fudged and the people asked to vote again until the outcome was as required. This is why Denmark can still legally prevent other EU nationals (Germans, actually) from buying Danish homes.

JC Junker's bullish tone at the press conference today will be countered by pragmatic self interests of the other nation states; I wouldn't be surprised if talks to this end are already happening at some level within the respective civil services.