HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

brexit.png

1.40 is the long term support, will it hold over the coming days? I know it's about 1.36, but we're going to get a lot of noise today. If we get to about $1.2 then that would be a significant number. Fundamentals don't always reflect price, so I have an open mind that the rate might not change, or that the pound would actually be higher. Stranger things have happened.

This is a super long term chart

2.png

Edited by 200p

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

My ignorant guess is that today will be a day of huge market movements - I wouldn't be surprised if Carney raises IRs to support the pound but it's probably unlikely. It feels very like the day back in the early nineties that the UK bounced out of the ERM. I remember watching it unfold on telly as an angry young man (now I'm a grumpy middle-aged one!). That day brought on a huge correction in residential property prices. I bought my first flat in 1995.

UK equities to take a pounding - possible trigger for a worldwide sell off?

Some immediate increases in fuel and food prices, although these may well ease as things settle down.

If we don't get cheaper houses on the back of this we never will.

This. It may take a while. If it enables a whole generation to buy houses at a fair price then some good will come...

HOLA4417

My ignorant guess is that today will be a day of huge market movements - I wouldn't be surprised if Carney raises IRs to support the pound but it's probably unlikely. It feels very like the day back in the early nineties that the UK bounced out of the ERM. I remember watching it unfold on telly as an angry young man (now I'm a grumpy middle-aged one!). That day brought on a huge correction in residential property prices. I bought my first flat in 1995.

UK equities to take a pounding - possible trigger for a worldwide sell off?

Some immediate increases in fuel and food prices, although these may well ease as things settle down.

This. It may take a while. If it enables a whole generation to buy houses at a fair price then some good will come...

Well, he cannot support the pound by cutting IRs.

Oh dear, thats the problem with Qe. No ammo left for the next slowdown.

We have a bisness cycle of 5-8years long. If you're tempted by QE then it should be for no more than 2 years.

After 2 years the problems are not high IRs its the economy stupid!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

My Sipp trading account is all over the place.

Showing me as having massive gainz on some holdings, which are definitely errors on their side, against UK and Euro markets yet to react.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Can't log into my Sipp account any more... times out.

Please note there is currently very limited electronic trading available on the London Stock Exchange and it is unlikely quotes will be returned for online dealing, please call our Dealing Services Team

and separately my ISA Stocks n Shares account also not offering proper prices. Only 'at best' orders possible, without a price.

HOLA4425