House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
doomed

Black Friday

This is probably the black swan event we all knew would eventually come.

Will they raise rates to try and protect sterling?

If we don't get cheaper houses on the back of this we never will.

Anyone who hadn't completed by this morning will be in a very bad place.

Chains all across London and the SE will likely collapse over the next week as buyers get cold feet or demand deductions.

Bring it on.

brexit.png

1.40 is the long term support, will it hold over the coming days? I know it's about 1.36, but we're going to get a lot of noise today. If we get to about $1.2 then that would be a significant number. Fundamentals don't always reflect price, so I have an open mind that the rate might not change, or that the pound would actually be higher. Stranger things have happened.

This is a super long term chart

2.png

Edited by 200p

They had that idiot Neil Hamilton i ntheR4 this morning. Talking about trade and stuff.

Apparently, we are in a strong bargaining place as the UK is running a 7% current account deficit.

My ignorant guess is that today will be a day of huge market movements - I wouldn't be surprised if Carney raises IRs to support the pound but it's probably unlikely. It feels very like the day back in the early nineties that the UK bounced out of the ERM. I remember watching it unfold on telly as an angry young man (now I'm a grumpy middle-aged one!). That day brought on a huge correction in residential property prices. I bought my first flat in 1995.

UK equities to take a pounding - possible trigger for a worldwide sell off?

Some immediate increases in fuel and food prices, although these may well ease as things settle down.

If we don't get cheaper houses on the back of this we never will.

This. It may take a while. If it enables a whole generation to buy houses at a fair price then some good will come...

My ignorant guess is that today will be a day of huge market movements - I wouldn't be surprised if Carney raises IRs to support the pound but it's probably unlikely. It feels very like the day back in the early nineties that the UK bounced out of the ERM. I remember watching it unfold on telly as an angry young man (now I'm a grumpy middle-aged one!). That day brought on a huge correction in residential property prices. I bought my first flat in 1995.

UK equities to take a pounding - possible trigger for a worldwide sell off?

Some immediate increases in fuel and food prices, although these may well ease as things settle down.

This. It may take a while. If it enables a whole generation to buy houses at a fair price then some good will come...

Well, he cannot support the pound by cutting IRs.

Oh dear, thats the problem with Qe. No ammo left for the next slowdown.

We have a bisness cycle of 5-8years long. If you're tempted by QE then it should be for no more than 2 years.

After 2 years the problems are not high IRs its the economy stupid!

I expect my SIPP to drop around £20K today but will be looking to buy, buy, buy. A good chance to pick up some divi paying stocks at a discount.

Nudge nudge.... what you buying squire......?

My Sipp trading account is all over the place.

Showing me as having massive gainz on some holdings, which are definitely errors on their side, against UK and Euro markets yet to react.

Can't log into my Sipp account any more... times out.

Please note there is currently very limited electronic trading available on the London Stock Exchange and it is unlikely quotes will be returned for online dealing, please call our Dealing Services Team

and separately my ISA Stocks n Shares account also not offering proper prices. Only 'at best' orders possible, without a price.