House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Sounds like a journo error that they stated 2020. Given that the UK suffered a worse contraction due to the pandemic (and Brexit) than the rest of the G7, then it's not surprising that we should rebound relatively strongly post pandemic. I'd be surprised if we continued that type of rebound once the shackles of Brexit are taken into account.  

So we had a bigger contraction, but expect a much better rebound. Not sure why people are having a go for me posting the link to this (no victim playing BTW , it's all water off a ducks back).

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
1 minute ago, simon99 said:

7 Euros and fill out a form. Big deal. Why are the EU even making anyone do this? Why is it not just a free for all?

Why do the Americans have esta at 25 euro?

sovereignty ain’t it? You voted away your right to complain or do anything about it

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, yelims said:

Why do the Americans have esta at 25 euro?

sovereignty ain’t it? You voted away your right to complain or do anything about it

I'm not complaining. I said Big Deal. It's just funny how the advocates of free movement impose immigration restrictions when it suits. Oh, and as I've said before I didn't vote for Brexit. 

Edited by simon99

HOLA448
30 minutes ago, simon99 said:

7 Euros and fill out a form. Big deal. Why are the EU even making anyone do this? Why is it not just a free for all?

There goes the equivalent of gains from three Oz deals for anyone going abroad to the EU. So, according to the gov, who thought the Oz deal 'a big deal', this is an even bigger deal.  

HOLA449
34 minutes ago, simon99 said:

I'm not complaining. I said Big Deal. It's just funny how the advocates of free movement impose immigration restrictions when it suits. Oh, and as I've said before I didn't vote for Brexit. 

Free movement within the union, not to 3rd world countries 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
7 minutes ago, simon99 said:

ooh, what have they got against them?

Nothing. They just want to check that they are eligible to travel to the EU for security purposes. Now that we are out of the EU and it's unified security and police system, we have to abide by 3rd country protocols.

HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Nothing. They just want to check that they are eligible to travel to the EU for security purposes. Now that we are out of the EU and it's unified security and police system, we have to abide by 3rd country protocols.

I see, so when the EU impose restrictions it is just cos they want to check, but when anyone in the UK talks about restrictions it's racism?

HOLA4413
21 minutes ago, simon99 said:

I see, so when the EU impose restrictions it is just cos they want to check, but when anyone in the UK talks about restrictions it's racism?

It's used instead of a visa, a short cut if you like. We do and have always had a visa system for those countries we don't cooperate with appropriatley.

You are clutching at ever shorter straws my friend.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
11 hours ago, simon99 said:

Did you flip a coin?

HOLA4416
6 hours ago, rollover said:

Maybe because of Brexit?

Stop being logical this is the Brexit thread it must be an EU conspiracy aimed at thwarting Global Britain 😉

It was enough to worry some travel industry bods when first raised as people have got so used to ease of FoM. Especially business folk.

Also there's been numerous cases of renewed passports not having ETSAs transferred ( its a step they often skip for speed) and people being utterly stuffed at the gate - witnessed this first hand. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
11 hours ago, IMHAL said:

It's used instead of a visa, a short cut if you like. We do and have always had a visa system for those countries we don't cooperate with appropriatley.

You are clutching at ever shorter straws my friend.

I'm not clutching at anything, I'm highlighting the inconsistencies.

Edited by simon99

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
47 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Very grown up, I voted for neither.

So you keep claiming you didn’t vote, either you were too young, too Russian or too apathetic 

if that’s the case why do you suddenly care about Brexit? What changed? You think Brexit is a success? By what metric?

Edited by yelims

HOLA4425