House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

8 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

There were no deaths in the UK from Covid yestreday, in the rest of the EU 1500.

Yes. Deaths from covid in the UK 127,500, population 66 million with the advantage of being an island and having a relatively young population. 

Deaths from from covid in Germany 85,500, population 83 million and one of the oldest populations in Europe.

Do you really think you are going to 'win' ?

• Replies 150.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, miguel said:

Yes. Deaths from covid in the UK 127,500, population 66 million with the advantage of being an island and having a relatively young population. 

Deaths from from covid in Germany 85,500, population 83 million and one of the oldest populations in Europe.

Do you really think you are going to 'win' ?

There is no winning, there does seem to be a campaign against the AZ vaccine though, from the US for commercial reasons and the EU for political. Every single study show far has shown 100% protection from dying from COVID in all its varients by the AZ vaccine. Sold at cost and stored in a fridge. Apparently the UK is hated for having made it! The debate is now flying around over waiving patents, even the pope is involved. "Hello people, we already did that"

8 minutes ago, yelims said:

There were no deaths in Ireland either,

there probably would have been no deaths in Eu as whole either if 1. The British bred Kent variant didn’t hatch in the breeding ground that was uk in autumn and 2. Astra Zeneca actually delivered what they promised on time and correct amounts

anyways in other news https://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/news/19287031.mps-agree---brexit-deal-not-deliver-frictionless-trade/?ref=twtrec

sky is blue, Brexit is a load of shite

Are you a remainder then?.

1 minute ago, dugsbody said:

Excuse me? 

Brexit is entirely successful and exactly what all brexiters voted for. We ended freedom of movement didn't we?

Yeah. Right on. We cant go abroad at the minute.

9 minutes ago, wighty said:

Well, soon, going abroad will be for the elites only. The poor and plebs will stay put as nature intended. Then brexit will be complete.

10 minutes ago, wighty said:

Did you miss the once in a century pandemic on your way to the local Tory sponsored food bank ?

6 minutes ago, yelims said:

Did you miss the once in a century pandemic on your way to the local Tory sponsored food bank ?

actually quite a lot of tories use them, i asked my wifes cousin (who volunteers at one in cambridgeshire) who used them "well off tory boomers who manage to convince the vicar that they need a referral to a foodbank to save a bob  or two"

I see Mr Shouty 'Stop Brexit' Steve is lurking in the background on the BBC News channel at the moment. He's a funny guy.

Apparently "Brexit is not worth it" and something else on a yellow sign. "Toxic Tories" I believe I glimpsed or something like that.

Like I said, funny guy 😂

Edit. Big black flag now with another blue and gold dressed assistance drone. Probably on furlough so loads of free cash and time (probably, are antique coin shops critical services?). "Corrupt Tory Government. Liars, cheats and wallpaper" (I added that last bit in myself, he wasn't specifically complaining about wallpaper, but you could see it in his dark, anti-democratic eyes that he hates the wallpaper)

Edited by Huggy
10 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Excuse me? 

Brexit is entirely successful and exactly what all brexiters voted for. We ended freedom of movement didn't we?

And France is catching up... EU Negotiator Michel Barnier, no less!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/michel-barnier-says-france-should-halt-non-eu-migration-for-five-years/ar-BB1gC1R7

"Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has called on France to halt migration from outside the EU for up to five years, saying terrorists have infiltrated migration routes.

The 70-year-old, who is being tipped to run against President Macron in next year's election, said the pause is necessary so France can 'verify, evaluate and if necessary change' its immigration policies."

You have to laugh...

2 hours ago, dryrot said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/michel-barnier-says-france-should-halt-non-eu-migration-for-five-years/ar-BB1gC1R7

"Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has called on France to halt migration from outside the EU for up to five years, saying terrorists have infiltrated migration routes.

The 70-year-old, who is being tipped to run against President Macron in next year's election, said the pause is necessary so France can 'verify, evaluate and if necessary change' its immigration policies."

You have to laugh...

Are you telling me Eu countries can control migration /s

non! brexit was for nought!! 🤣

12 hours ago, dryrot said:

You have to laugh...

"Outside the EU"

I guess you missed that bit.

27 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

"Outside the EU"

I guess you missed that bit.

Oooh... Getting a little touchy? Its hilarious that, after all the "racist/anti-immigrant" smearing of Brexiteers, the wonderful EU - and its chief negotiator! - now rant on like Enoch Powell. 

(Thank heavens we are out of the EU - and dont hav eto contribute to this racism :))

49 minutes ago, dryrot said:

Oooh... Getting a little touchy? Its hilarious that, after all the "racist/anti-immigrant" smearing of Brexiteers, the wonderful EU - and its chief negotiator! - now rant on like Enoch Powell. 

(Thank heavens we are out of the EU - and dont hav eto contribute to this racism :))

Nice attempt to play the man, but a little too blunt. Broadsword rather than rapier.

You only have to read these forums to see that brexit was all about immigration and I have never said the European countries were any better (many are much worse). The UK is still a vibrant tolerant country in the more liberal places but there is the same undecurrent of anti-immigrant feeling that has always existed in human history and becomes more pronounced after economic downturns (2008 GFC + austerity etc).

Brexit is nothing new, it's just humans doing what humans have always done. Look to blame outsiders.

A fact proven time and again when anyone asks of the benefits of Brexit.

"We can make our own laws!"
You could always make your own laws

"We don't have to follow EU laws!"
Well, you will with regards to any trade or dealings with the EU, and since EU laws have been adopted worldwide and are (usually) more progressive than other countries, adopting alternatives might be a step backwards.

"We have sovereignty"
What does that really mean?

"We control our own waters"
Great. Well done.

"We can enforce immigration restrictions"
You always could, except your govt didn't bother and just blamed the EU.

And so on and so forth, and we haven't even gotten to the negatives of Brexit.

3 hours ago, dugsbody said:

Nice attempt to play the man, but a little too blunt. Broadsword rather than rapier.

You only have to read these forums to see that brexit was all about immigration and I have never said the European countries were any better (many are much worse). The UK is still a vibrant tolerant country in the more liberal places but there is the same undecurrent of anti-immigrant feeling that has always existed in human history and becomes more pronounced after economic downturns (2008 GFC + austerity etc).

Brexit is nothing new, it's just humans doing what humans have always done. Look to blame outsiders.

Well, it was an easy target, and nice to return the jibes.

"Michel Barnier has called on France to halt migration from outside the EU" - You emphasised "outside the EU"

But in the single EU with freedom of movement, how can France stop immigrants to other EU countries travelling to France?

Maybe Barnier will lead a "Frexit" party? :) 

1 hour ago, dryrot said:

Well, it was an easy target, and nice to return the jibes.

"Michel Barnier has called on France to halt migration from outside the EU" - You emphasised "outside the EU"

But in the single EU with freedom of movement, how can France stop immigrants to other EU countries travelling to France?

Maybe Barnier will lead a "Frexit" party? :) 

They can't stop them "travelling to France" because of Schengen, not because of freedom of movement.

We could still have freedom of movement and still stop non-EU people from entering the UK. 

Freedom of movement is about the same thing we have in the four nations of the UK. The ability to legally live and work anywhere in the union. It's a good thing.  

4 hours ago, yelims said:

A fact proven time and again when anyone asks of the benefits of Brexit.

"We can make our own laws!"
You could always make your own laws

"We don't have to follow EU laws!"
Well, you will with regards to any trade or dealings with the EU, and since EU laws have been adopted worldwide and are (usually) more progressive than other countries, adopting alternatives might be a step backwards.

"We have sovereignty"
What does that really mean?

"We control our own waters"
Great. Well done.

"We can enforce immigration restrictions"
You always could, except your govt didn't bother and just blamed the EU.

And so on and so forth, and we haven't even gotten to the negatives of Brexit.

Brexit was about immigration - more specifically, ending freedom of movement.

A few years back I made the prediction that as soon as freedom of movement was ended, brexiters would stop pretending they care at all about free trade deals, fishing industry, EU laws, etc.

Our fishing industry is being devastated by brexit, and the usual suspects are nowhere to be seen. They never gave a shit. It was always about ending freedom of movement. 

35 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

A few years back I made the prediction that as soon as freedom of movement was ended, brexiters would stop pretending they care at all about free trade deals, fishing industry, EU laws, etc.

Our fishing industry is being devastated by brexit, and the usual suspects are nowhere to be seen. They never gave a shit. It was always about ending freedom of movement. 

Not only don't they give a sht about them I've yet to hear one single sympathetic word for them from a brexiteer. Not one.

The silence tells us everything that we need to know. 

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

The silence is very much deafening from the Brexshiteers over the fishing industry. 

On 11/05/2021 at 10:39, dugsbody said:

Excuse me? 

Indeed we did, for us.   Looking forward we will be taking far more immigrants from India (post pandemic) as we already were taking far more from many non EU countries pre pandemic. Immigration of course will never stop, which is something the deluded brexiteers expected, hence the main reason for them getting out of bed or Wetherspoons to go and actually vote for a change.    Meantime the balance of emigrants and immigrants will not improve in the way brexiteers believed on account of our lot being sent back from Spain and a million more wont be working or retiring in the EU like they used to do. 

In fact I know 4 rabid brexiteers who have shot themselves in the foot re their tennants going missing and others with retirement plans.  One of them destroyed his daughters small business which relied on EU customers. In fact I know another one who's daughter finished a degree with French as one of her main subjects in 2019 with the intention of working in France but that's probably not going to happen now and she will have to carry on with her part time McJobs like half the population do these days. 

Edited by steve99
Spelling
1 hour ago, miguel said:

Not only don't they give a sht about them I've yet to hear one single sympathetic word for them from a brexiteer. Not one.

The silence tells us everything that we need to know. 

Brexiteers are like the people that stop you getting onto the main road from your drive way or a side street, they pull forward, intentionally  blocking your path and deliberately don't look your way.  They got/get their pleasure from seeing other people not getting what want/need even if they worked for it, meantime they live their narrow, selfish, mingey lives pointing out what other people have done wrong, ie they are Daily Mail man/woman.