House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

2 minutes ago, kzb said:

No, because it splits the country.  This in itself breaks the terms of the GFA far more definitely than a small extension to scope of an already-existing border.

It's doesn't split anything, there always has been an Irish Sea border with checks made at ports.

It implements an agreement freely made between the UK government and the EU, that gives NI a privileged status.

An agreement that the present Prime Minster won an election on the back of.

• Replies 148.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

It's doesn't split anything, there always has been an Irish Sea border with checks made at ports.

It implements an agreement freely made between the UK government and the EU, that gives NI a privileged status.

An agreement that the present Prime Minster won an election on the back of.

It splits the UK into two customs areas.  Most NI trade is with the rUK not the RoI, but that is where they have put the border.

The agreement is likely unlawful under UN Treaty and we should challenge it. 

33 minutes ago, kzb said:

Quite frankly we do need to start telling these superstitious idiots from a bygone age the truth about themselves.

What? That they where invaded by the English so boo hoo...like it or lump it.

Nah.... you own this one. It's on you guys. I volunteer you to go out there and tell them...but I can understand that you might value your kneecaps.

33 minutes ago, kzb said:

But do note they are rioting over perceived unfairness in policing Covid restrictions, not the border.

Of course it's just a coincidence that the troubles started just after brexit. Justify all you like...but the facts speak for themselves. Brexit is causing trouble here and elsewhere and you guys voted for it. 

I hope you are enjoying your sunny uplands!!!

1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

There is are Australian trade talks about to start. 

This whole NI business is about the EU tying the UK into "dynamic alignment" with its agriculture regulation, thereby scuppering the talks with the Australians and part of our sunny uplands.

It's as simple and devious as that.

2 hours ago, kzb said:

It splits the UK into two customs areas.  Most NI trade is with the rUK not the RoI, but that is where they have put the border.

🙂  Have you ever wondered why you seem to be the only legal expert to think this. In any case surely we are a sovereign nation and free to make such agreements without having to clear it with the UN. 

6 hours ago, kzb said:

There is are Australian trade talks about to start. 

This whole NI business is about the EU tying the UK into "dynamic alignment" with its agriculture regulation, thereby scuppering the talks with the Australians and part of our sunny uplands.

It's as simple and devious as that.

How caddish of you for not fully supporting the Brexit deal that was mandated by the British people....that's just not cricket old boy. We do live in a democracy you know.

Australia trade deal.... 0.something % of GDP extra (can't be ar5sed to look it up).....

You are sounding rather shrill and exceptionally desperate these days...... 

https://www.cityam.com/banks-flee-the-city-post-brexit-taking-more-than-900bn-in-assets-with-them/

Banks have moved or plan to move more than £900bn in assets to the EU, equivalent to 10 per cent of the entire UK banking system. Insurance firms and asset managers have transferred more than £100bn. 

Dublin is the go-to destination for a quarter of firms, followed by 19 per cent choosing Paris, including BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs and HSBC. 

Last week JP Morgan warned it may have to consider moving its UK operations to Europe because of Brexit. The bank’s EMEA headquarters is based in London and has sites across Bournemouth, Glasgow and Edinburgh. 

8 hours ago, IMHAL said:

What? That they where invaded by the English so boo hoo...like it or lump it.

Nah.... you own this one. It's on you guys. I volunteer you to go out there and tell them...but I can understand that you might value your kneecaps.

Of course it's just a coincidence that the troubles started just after brexit. Justify all you like...but the facts speak for themselves. Brexit is causing trouble here and elsewhere and you guys voted for it. 

Yes "split the country" is a good line - especially on the 100th anniversary. Its amazing how bad decisions can come back to bite you on the bum a century later isn't it! I am wondering how many long term unexpected effects Brexit is going to have in the similar long term.

Just now, erat_forte said:

Yes "split the country" is a good line - especially on the 100th anniversary. Its amazing how bad decisions can come back to bite you on the bum a century later isn't it! I am wondering how many long term unexpected effects Brexit is going to have in the similar long term.

That has crossed my mind more than a few times. You tend to find that bad decisions beget bad outcomes lead to increasingly desperate actions and more bad decisions to aleviate them. I easily see Brexit following this pattern. In fact, it already is.

8 hours ago, kzb said:

Then why did Boris make it a feature of his oven ready deal? Why did the British public vote fot it and deliver the cons an 80 seat majority?

Is this not the very Brexit you voted for? ? If not did you not know what you were voting for? If you didn't then did anyone else? 

Seems to me lies beget lies beget undesirable outcomes. Now you have to live with it.

BTW: Did you still want to go over to NI and tell them they are playing silly buggers? Good luck.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-56769870

Edited by IMHAL

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/gei/goodsexportsandimportsfebruary2021/

imports from uk to Ireland (exports from your pov) overall are STILL down more than half

tho the amount of those imports coming from NI doubled, which shows some businesses might already be taking advantage of the incredible opportunities NI now has

tho yeh I’ll wait for Brexiteers to tell us how overalls exports falling makes for a healthy economy 

1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

Seems to me lies beget lies beget undesirable outcomes. Now you have to live with it.

Brexiters are mostly liars. That's how cultists operate. In order to hide the previous lies, they pile on more lies, until everywhere you look is steaming pile of dung (lies). Once you're drowning in the stuff it's hard to squelch one piece of dung without another taking its place, so people become numb. Hence why Boris can stand on a stage, tell a provable and blatant lie, and get away with it. More than that, the masses actually love it, because it tells them how great they really are and the fact this isn't reflected in reality is really the foreigners fault.

38 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Brexiters are mostly liars. That's how cultists operate. In order to hide the previous lies, they pile on more lies, until everywhere you look is steaming pile of dung (lies). Once you're drowning in the stuff it's hard to squelch one piece of dung without another taking its place, so people become numb. Hence why Boris can stand on a stage, tell a provable and blatant lie, and get away with it. More than that, the masses actually love it, because it tells them how great they really are and the fact this isn't reflected in reality is really the foreigners fault.

I find it extrordinary that some on here refuse to take ownership for the Brexit they voted for, apparantly with full knowledge of what they were voting for.

It is despicable and no good will come from it.

3 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Definitely no whinging by the remainers on this thread.

What happened to trollover and his vaccine nonsense ?

It's called pointing out the problems that Brexit has brought and holding the leavers to account. Something that leavers are reluctant to do themselves funny enough.

Project fear was whinging according to leavers, now it has turned into reality I don't see any apologies or responsibility being taken. In fact the oppositite, whinging by leavers that it's 'not quite' the Brexit they had in mind or it's someone elses fault....oh dear!

Edited by IMHAL
6 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

It's called pointing out the problems that Brexit has brought and holding the leavers to account. Something that leavers are reluctant to do themselves funny enough.

Project fear was whinging according to leavers, now it has turned into reality I don't see any apologies or responsibility being taken. In fact the oppositite, whinging by leavers that it's 'not quite' the Brexit they had in mind or it's someone elses fault....oh dear!

Where I don't see any on here ?

Brexiters have the right to criticise government performance just like everyone else. The vote choice was on the over-arching principle. The details left to the elected representatives. Fair enough IMO. You can support the principle of Brexit without agreeing the way it is being handled at the moment ? Surely in such a large event people on both sides are going to have some aspect of it that they are critical of, amongst others they are positive on ?

Apologies for what ? That is some narcisisssim you've got there, expecting people to apologise to you after executing their democratic right to self determination.

Are you expecting the majority of the population to go down on their knees in some sort of collective plea of forgiveness ?

Can you define what "taking responsibility" is, what do you want, each and every Brexiter to post on here that they "accept responsibility?" will that satisfy you or do you want something more ?

Please outline exactly what it is you want people to do.

16 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Brexiters have the right to criticise government performance just like everyone else. The vote choice was on the over-arching principle. The details left to the elected representatives. Fair enough IMO. You can support the principle of Brexit without agreeing the way it is being handled at the moment ? Surely in such a large event people on both sides are going to have some aspect of it that they are critical of, amongst others they are positive on ?

Apologies for what ? That is some narcisisssim you've got there, expecting people to apologise to you after executing their democratic right to self determination.

Are you expecting the majority of the population to go down on their knees in some sort of collective plea of forgiveness ?

Can you define what "taking responsibility" is, what do you want, each and every Brexiter to post on here that they "accept responsibility?" will that satisfy you or do you want something more ?

Accept responsibility for the event in NI due to Brexit.

Accept responsibility for the loss of trade and the economic hit to businesses.

That would be a good start...then you can tell your comrades to stop pinning the blame on the EU or anyone else for the problems that are emerging. It's all yours...especially if you accept that voting for Brexit means getting something you did not necessarilly have in mind.

4 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Quite. All I see are remoaners moaning and creating straw men to moan about.

Edited by Cocha
5 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

Did someone say knees?

Starmer - Copy.jpg

1 hour ago, Cocha said:

Quite. All I see are remoaners moaning and creating straw men to moan about.

I don't think you know what straw men means.

Also, hilarious for a brexiter to type that sentence. You seem to have a complete lack of awareness or irony 😉