House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

42 minutes ago, slawek said:

New lies to the collection

The UK couldn't have had freeports in the EU

I'm not looking into this all over again because I've posted it before.  The EU-Regulation freeports are rather pointless.  If you do a bit of research outside your little bubble you will find this for yourself.

• Replies 147.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, slawek said:

An EU move. We are going to have lots of such tit-for-tats on both sides.

EU postpones setting date for ratifying Brexit trade deal

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/04/uks-plan-to-extend-brexit-grace-period-infuriates-irish-and-eu-officials

Brexit has created a real mess. With this governments attitude we coud end up with an even bigger mess.

I always had my doubts about this post brexit US trade deal, almost like it was the stock answer to the common objection about future losses in EU trade. 

Trump migh have done a deal in time but with hugely unfavourable terms to us: America first.

14 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Meanwhile, we are at the back of the queue for trade deals with the Biden administration

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/04/us-to-drop-retaliatory-tariffs-on-uk-exports-including-whisky-brexit-boeing-airbus

It's the US's resolution to an existing trade dispute that encompasses the UK and the EU. We will see who is at the front or the back of the queue when trade negotiations commence (if ever).

Edited by IMHAL
5 minutes ago, Megadebt said:

I always had my doubts about this post brexit US trade deal, almost like it was the stock answer to the common objection about future losses in EU trade. 

Trump migh have done a deal in time but with hugely unfavourable terms to us: America first.

Its fine, we will have a trade deal with a friendly Eskimo that will Easily replace the EU. It sounds great so alls good.

...or exploit their abundant natural resources and strategic location unimpeded by these bossy clog wearing beaurecrats from Brussels?

We maybe send over an armada of unemployed fidhermen to colonise the place? 

why are you called pig?

7 minutes ago, Megadebt said:

...or exploit their abundant natural resources and strategic location unimpeded by these bossy clog wearing beaurecrats from Brussels?

We maybe send over an armada of unemployed fidhermen to colonise the place? 

why are you called pig?

We can sell them mackerel, they can sell us snow on Christmas Day :)

I literally can't remember. Possibly originally as in 'b*stard', subsequently as in 'The Three Little Pigs' fairy tale - as per the avatar...

Italy halts shipment of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine due for Australia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/mar/04/coronavirus-live-news-covid-death-rates-10-times-higher-in-countries-where-most-adults-overweight

from the article

Rome stopped the export of 250,000 doses of the vaccine, officials said, with Italy notifying Brussels of its proposed decision at the end of last week. The commission did not object to the decision, officials said.

Hypocrites

3 minutes ago, slawek said:

why?

Because Australia has paid for the vaccines, help fund the research on them, and the EU has been blocked them from leaving the EU. This is exactly the behaviour you are accusing the UK of .

37 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Because Australia has paid for the vaccines, help fund the research on them, and the EU has been blocked them from leaving the EU. This is exactly the behaviour you are accusing the UK of .

Does the term "hypocrites" in your post refers to me then? How can I be a hypocrite if I have nothing to do with Italy decision?

5 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

Meanwhile, we are at the back of the queue for trade deals with the Biden administration

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/04/us-to-drop-retaliatory-tariffs-on-uk-exports-including-whisky-brexit-boeing-airbus

Breaking the NI agreement will get us far worse US sanctions than that.

3 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

But everyone said it was ok when the UK did it.

16 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

Italy halts shipment of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine due for Australia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/mar/04/coronavirus-live-news-covid-death-rates-10-times-higher-in-countries-where-most-adults-overweight

from the article

Rome stopped the export of 250,000 doses of the vaccine, officials said, with Italy notifying Brussels of its proposed decision at the end of last week. The commission did not object to the decision, officials said.

Hypocrites

Can’t be true - I thought Italy had no sovereign control .

18 hours ago, kzb said:

The BBC TV News reports the UK is guilty of air pollution in the European court.  We could get fined.  Jesus wept. 

Annoyed that the UK will spend 17 years poisoning its people or annoyed that the government is not allowed to poison us?

1 minute ago, Peter Hun said:

Annoyed that the UK will spend 17 years poisoning its people or annoyed that the government is not allowed to poison us?

The UK is leading europe in reducing emissions. I presume this is road side emissions? This will reduce with the move to electric vehicles, again the UK is ahead on this. I wish the court bothered itself with the policies of countries and the actual enforcement of them rather than saying "look a squirrel"

1 hour ago, pig said:

Can’t be true - I thought Italy had no sovereign control .

from the article

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/04/italy-blocks-export-of-250000-astrazeneca-vaccine-doses-to-australia

"Mario Draghi, formerly president of the European Central Bank, had nevertheless notified the commission at the end of the week of its intentions and received Brussels’ backing."

He got the EUs permission first

59 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Neither, the annoyance is about us paying a fine to the EU.  I certainly hope we refuse, and spend the money taking up speed humps and making traffic lights part time.