House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

25 minutes ago, kzb said:

I was wondering about this actually.  Maybe the people who are not affected by the vaccine also do not get much immunity from it?

The fact that the second dose appears to have worse reaction than the first seems to imply that people who have a more aggressive response to the first dose of the vaccine already have some protection, either natural or through exposure to covid.

What that implies is if you have a non aggressive response to your first dose, then that will give you the most benefit - almost if the non aggressive response is your body "not noticing" the virus quickly, which in an actual covid exposure would lead to rapid replication and high viral load before your body starts to react to it.

I think that holds up anyway. And implies that people who have a non aggressive response to the first dose benefit from it most.

Feel free to tear this to pieces.

• Replies 147.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Megadebt said:

Dismal popcorn veiwing on C4 news last night,  a glum shellfish trader and leave voter bleating about 'not what we were promised'.

Head. Bang. Table. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, but uk shellfish certainly voted leave.

[email protected]%k them,  let them have their democracy and soverigns stuff 'innit. 

Interesting political x-ray though. The useful idiots fronting the lie, the people who exploit them, the people who knew all along either silenced or doing the exploiting. Who are able to melt away because actually it’s a tiny part of the overall economy that’s suffering.

Be good if that became common knowledge enough to undermine attempts to play these games in the future.

51 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

The fact that the second dose appears to have worse reaction than the first seems to imply that people who have a more aggressive response to the first dose of the vaccine already have some protection, either natural or through exposure to covid.

What that implies is if you have a non aggressive response to your first dose, then that will give you the most benefit - almost if the non aggressive response is your body "not noticing" the virus quickly, which in an actual covid exposure would lead to rapid replication and high viral load before your body starts to react to it.

I think that holds up anyway. And implies that people who have a non aggressive response to the first dose benefit from it most.

Feel free to tear this to pieces.

Not sure about this.  It would mean that people who have an aggressive response to the vaccine wouldn't have had a serious Covid disease, is that what you are saying?

Just now, kzb said:

Not sure about this.  It would mean that people who have an aggressive response to the vaccine wouldn't have had a serious Covid disease, is that what you are saying?

AFAIK people who have already had covid have a more aggressive response when first jabbed. And that's what I'd expect.

Basically, the stronger your immune system, the worse the response (from 2nd jab being worse than first).

So anyone who has a strong reaction to the first jab has either a stronger natural immunity or has already had covid. And therefore won't benefit as much as someone who has a weak response.

1 hour ago, kzb said:

You can always rely on C4 News to give these stories the max that is for sure.

In their EU contract it says they must uphold EU values.

😂

Was thinking of something to say about that utterly impartial C4 piece, but I don't need to now, thanks!

On 24/02/2021 at 15:40, thehowler said:

Andrew Bailey (BofE) sounding miffed on this answering questions to MPs. Clearly some feel the EU are being provocative.

Ref only...

LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said post-Brexit moves by the European Union to require banks to justify why they are not moving activities away from Britain were of “dubious legality.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-bailey-idUSKBN2AO209

Is this something that is really significant that could have serious impact to Joe Average and the Uk economy?

this is becoming crazy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/25/acceptance-problem-as-most-oxford-covid-jabs-delivered-to-eu-not-yet-used

80% of AZ vaccines are sat around in fridges in the EU unwanted.

You could not make this up. I admit as a eurosceptic i had a lurking feeling that the EU might be in trouble without the UK in it. i never in a million years though it would happen a few weeks after we left. How on earth did the continent reach this stage were 50% reject any vaccine and the rest do not want a British one?

Edited by debtlessmanc
2 hours ago, Huggy said:

😂

Was thinking of something to say about that utterly impartial C4 piece, but I don't need to now, thanks!

Yes of course, we don't want people to know of others losing their livlihoods would we. That would be so nasty to the likes of Fartrage and Mogg. I do wonder if they are finding things a bit of a hard slog financially. 

8 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

this is becoming crazy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/25/acceptance-problem-as-most-oxford-covid-jabs-delivered-to-eu-not-yet-used

You could not make this up. I admit as a eurosceptic i had a lurking feeling that the EU might be in trouble without the UK in it. i never in a million years though it would happen a few weeks after we left. How on earth did the continent reach this stage were 50% reject any vaccine and the rest do not want a British one?

Well, their leaders aren't exactly helping are they?  She despairs at the low take up by her fellow citizens but then, when.....

Asked whether she would volunteer to be administered with the vaccine, Merkel..... waffled on.....“I am 66 years old and I do not belong to the recommended group for AstraZeneca.”

Some people are so educated they are postively stupid.  How difficult could it have been for her just answer  "Yes". ??!!

Edited by anonguest
28 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Well, their leaders aren't exactly helping are they?  She despairs at the low take up by her fellow citizens but then, when.....

Asked whether she would volunteer to be administered with the vaccine, Merkel..... waffled on.....“I am 66 years old and I do not belong to the recommended group for AstraZeneca.”

Some people are so educated they are postively stupid.  How difficult could it have been for her just answer  "Yes". ??!!

a) EU leaders screw up vaccine sourcing.

b) Because they screwed up they tried to cover their asses by engaging in FUD. Which anyone could see is unwise because the euro countries are generally more vaccine skeptic than the UK.

c) They now get to reap the rewards.

Thing is, some people would have you believe these people are better than Johnson in some way. They aren't. They are all the same.

41 minutes ago, anonguest said:

9 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

c) They now get to reap the rewards.

54 minutes ago, miguel said:

Yes of course, we don't want people to know of others losing their livlihoods would we. That would be so nasty to the likes of Fartrage and Mogg. I do wonder if they are finding things a bit of a hard slog financially. 

Can't have the UK doing better than the EU. Useless UK vaccine, useless UK defectors! Because Bad Boris.

21 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Can't have the UK doing better than the EU. Useless UK vaccine, useless UK defectors! Because Bad Boris.

The French and Germans are very conceited in their different ways. The Germans act ever so reasonable, but if you disagree with them, they look at you as if you must be mad. The French just think they are superior to everyone else, in the face of all the evidence.

Their vaccine responses are brilliant examples of these dreadful national traits.

Just looked at the online Gruniad front page. The word Brexit does not appear.

End of an era.

There's no economic collapse, no 20-mile truck queues, pound is roaring. No political movement to rejoin, next GE is years away and I personally think the collapse of the union stuff is overstated.

Suspect the summer will bring a raft of travel/trade hassle stories but I think we're over the precipice

I'm checking out, will touch back in December to see how the year went.

Fair winds to all.

1 hour ago, thehowler said:

End of an era.

There's no economic collapse, no 20-mile truck queues, pound is roaring. No political movement to rejoin, next GE is years away and I personally think the collapse of the union stuff is overstated.

Suspect the summer will bring a raft of travel/trade hassle stories but I think we're over the precipice

Fair winds to all.

Ciao for now...

For me...Its only just beginning...full import SPS checks start in April.  Full customs declarations due in July.  As countries start to unlock, and demand increases, more and more sectors will come to realise how screwed they are, if they haven't already...but we'll see..

1 hour ago, thehowler said:

End of an era.

Fair winds to all.

Hopefully you'll touch down on planet earth next time :)

7 hours ago, Huggy said:

Good to see that all your sympathies are with the wealthy, none for the poor chap who has lost his job. Not one word.

3 hours ago, Mignal said:

Good to see that all your sympathies are with the wealthy, none for the poor chap who has lost his job. Not one word.

Okay Karen.

Here's me clapping for both the NHS and a poor chap who also needs it.

Clap2.gif

14 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

this is becoming crazy

“There is … currently an acceptance problem with the AstraZeneca vaccine,” Merkel said. “AstraZeneca is a reliable vaccine, effective and safe, approved by the European Medicines Agency and recommended in Germany up to the age of 65 years. All the authorities tell us that this vaccine can be trusted. As long as vaccines are as scarce as they are now, you cannot choose what to vaccinate with.”

Asked whether she would volunteer to be administered with the vaccine, Merkel said: “I am 66 years old and I do not belong to the recommended group for AstraZeneca.”

And its not recommend based on unscientific  judgement call by German authorities. The rejection of AZN is not EU wide as far as can tell, only in countries with idiotic politicians who have scared their populations with unfounded fears. Their loss.

3 hours ago, Will! said:

BBC Reality Check: Brexit: Why Irish freight trade is avoiding Britain

I must admit I don't see a downside to this.  Less pollution, less wear and tear on the roads, probably more environmentally friendly overall.

Same here, congestion on our roads had got beyond crisis point prior to Covid.  The cost to the economy must've been enormous. 

No-one in London cared about this of course, but funnily enough, after 2016, traffic congestion at channel ports suddenly became of great concern.

Anyhow 150,000 HGVs not on our motorways anymore is a positive not a negative.