House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
10 hours ago, pig said:

Miaaaaaaaooooow !

Boris Johnson 'a liar' who will blame Brexit costs on Covid, says diplomat

Sylvie Bermann, former French ambassador, puts PM’s handling of pandemic alongside Donald Trump’s

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/24/boris-johnson-a-liar-who-will-seek-to-blame-brexit-costs-on-covid-says-diplomat

Of course they will but also will give them more opportunity to fill some cronies pocket via one scheme or other.  I do so hope that someone is able to unravel every penny spent on covid and Brexit and present it in a way the Daily Mail DHead in the street can understand. 

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, steve99 said:

Of course they will but also will give them more opportunity to fill some cronies pocket via one scheme or other.  I do so hope that someone is able to unravel every penny spent on covid and Brexit and present it in a way the Daily Mail DHead in the street can understand. 

Like a red bus driven around the place? :D

I think we learned in last 5 years that ignorance of politics, reality and manipulation by media for eyeball purposes is a danger to democracy, with the weaker democracies like UK (no constitution, no prstv, unlected monarch and upper house) not doing too well

HOLA444
3 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

more on the anti-vaxx problems on the continent

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/24/eu-covid-vaccination-difficulties-anti-vaxxers

astonishigingly high levels amongst health care workers!

I had the first injection on Saturday and today is the first day I feel well again.  I've had a stiff back and sides, been tired and woken up with cramp in the night.  I know of two people (older than me) who were really quite unwell for a week.

The second injection is meant to be worse and I'm not looking forward to it to be honest.

I think these health care workers know all this and that is why they are wary.  I can see that annual boosters are going to be a pain in the butt, unless you get used to it with multiple jabs over time.  I'm not complaining though, I will have it done because its worth it for peace of mind.

HOLA445

I find this thread a bit exhausting, and wish you all well... Dont think this has been posted?

https://order-order.com/2021/02/24/germanys-largest-paper-dear-britain-we-envy-you/

"The front page of Bild, Germany’s best read newspaper, this morning was emblazoned with a large Union Jack and the words “Dear Britain, we envy you” written across it. Accompanying text read that “the English have announced their return to normality on June 21… and here there’s no hope”. The paper noted that a total of 17.7 million Brits have been jabbed, compared to just 3.4 million in Germany. Bild went on to say that as Boris announced the UK’s great relaxation plan to get things normal by June, Angela Merkel told the Bundestag “We cannot define away the fact that we now have a third wave.” Her Chancellery chief Helge Braun went on to add that in Germany “March, April and May” would be “difficult months”.

(Wait till Germany get the next Brussels contribution bill!)

HOLA446
18 minutes ago, kzb said:

I had the first injection on Saturday and today is the first day I feel well again.  I've had a stiff back and sides, been tired and woken up with cramp in the night.  I know of two people (older than me) who were really quite unwell for a week.

Sorry to hear that. I had mine 2 weeks ago - no change really.

HOLA447
HOLA448
4 hours ago, kzb said:

They have been after moving clearing into the Eurozone members for many years prior to Brexit.  So there is nothing new in this, it is not enough to be an EU member, you also have to adopt the Euro. 

If we were still in the EU, they would nevertheless be demanding trade moved from London into the Eurozone.

The point being that while the UK was in the EU they were powerless to do anything to incentivise the move.

HOLA449
9 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The point being that while the UK was in the EU they were powerless to do anything to incentivise the move.

Don't get the impression there was ever any incentivisation per se, unless you think new laws forcing the move is classed as an incentive.

Edited by kzb

HOLA4410
46 minutes ago, dryrot said:

I find this thread a bit exhausting, and wish you all well... Dont think this has been posted?

https://order-order.com/2021/02/24/germanys-largest-paper-dear-britain-we-envy-you/

"The front page of Bild, Germany’s best read newspaper, this morning was emblazoned with a large Union Jack and the words “Dear Britain, we envy you” written across it. Accompanying text read that “the English have announced their return to normality on June 21… and here there’s no hope”. The paper noted that a total of 17.7 million Brits have been jabbed, compared to just 3.4 million in Germany. Bild went on to say that as Boris announced the UK’s great relaxation plan to get things normal by June, Angela Merkel told the Bundestag “We cannot define away the fact that we now have a third wave.” Her Chancellery chief Helge Braun went on to add that in Germany “March, April and May” would be “difficult months”.

With headlines like that we might vaccinate them next !

I've got to say though, I looked at Worldometer and I don't see this third wave coming on the German plots.  Perhaps they have more advanced data?

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, IMHAL said:

....it was all going to happen anyway....nothing to see here...move along. Anything bad that happens was going to happen anyway. Classic 😂

It happens to be true though.  They have tried before to get euro clearing into the eurozone.  Sooner or later they were bound to pass a law making this happen.  Maybe the only thing holding it back was no-one wanted it, exposure to a trillion euros a day of risk.

HOLA4412
53 minutes ago, kzb said:

It happens to be true though.  They have tried before to get euro clearing into the eurozone.  Sooner or later they were bound to pass a law making this happen.  Maybe the only thing holding it back was no-one wanted it, exposure to a trillion euros a day of risk.

...everything is possible..but that does not mean it was probable or inevitable.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
2 hours ago, dryrot said:

Bleah! Bild and Order Order. Its like Murdoch having sex with Farage.

HOLA4415
14 hours ago, wighty said:

Here's a scenario to shoot down...

EU rule that only those from UK that have been vaccinated can come into the EU.

The vaccination must be on the approved list.

Tough luck if it's AstraZ

Bu$$er, you might just have a point.

Do you get a choice of vaccine?

Or has my hope of an Autumn trip to Spain vanished?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
15 hours ago, wighty said:

Here's a scenario to shoot down...

EU rule that only those from UK that have been vaccinated can come into the EU.

The vaccination must be on the approved list.

Tough luck if it's AstraZ

Nah, the tourist industry makes too much money for this to happen.

HOLA4418
11 hours ago, dryrot said:

No illness. No change. Still waiting for HPC...

There's obviously a wide range in reactions. 

I fell asleep watching The Chase, dreamed I was watching The Chase with different contestants in it and I was wearing glasses (I don't wear specs to watch TV).  I take this to mean Bill Gate's nanobots in the vaccine were reprogramming my brain into different realities.

However I do wonder if vaccine fatigue will creep in for the booster injections, due to lots of people having side effects with their first vaccinations.

HOLA4419
3 minutes ago, kzb said:

There's obviously a wide range in reactions. 

I fell asleep watching The Chase, dreamed I was watching The Chase with different contestants in it and I was wearing glasses (I don't wear specs to watch TV).  I take this to mean Bill Gate's nanobots in the vaccine were reprogramming my brain into different realities.

Interesting point. After the jab I did feel a semi-conscious prompt to place a deposit on a £300k 2-bed HTB newbuild flat in Luton. Perhaps that is TPTB's secret ingredient?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Dismal popcorn veiwing on C4 news last night,  a glum shellfish trader and leave voter bleating about 'not what we were promised'.

Head. Bang. Table. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, but uk shellfish certainly voted leave.

F@%k them,  let them have their democracy and soverigns stuff 'innit. 

HOLA4422
19 hours ago, kzb said:

It is a sign that the vaccine is doing something, triggering an immune response.  it might be uncomfortable but it is oddly a good sign.

HOLA4423
30 minutes ago, Drat said:

It is a sign that the vaccine is doing something, triggering an immune response.  it might be uncomfortable but it is oddly a good sign.

I was wondering about this actually.  Maybe the people who are not affected by the vaccine also do not get much immunity from it?

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, Megadebt said:

Dismal popcorn veiwing on C4 news last night,  a glum shellfish trader and leave voter bleating about 'not what we were promised'.

Head. Bang. Table. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, but uk shellfish certainly voted leave.

F@%k them,  let them have their democracy and soverigns stuff 'innit. 

You can always rely on C4 News to give these stories the max that is for sure.

In their EU contract it says they must uphold EU values.

HOLA4425
25 minutes ago, kzb said:

I was wondering about this actually.  Maybe the people who are not affected by the vaccine also do not get much immunity from it?

The fact that the second dose appears to have worse reaction than the first seems to imply that people who have a more aggressive response to the first dose of the vaccine already have some protection, either natural or through exposure to covid.

What that implies is if you have a non aggressive response to your first dose, then that will give you the most benefit - almost if the non aggressive response is your body "not noticing" the virus quickly, which in an actual covid exposure would lead to rapid replication and high viral load before your body starts to react to it.

I think that holds up anyway. And implies that people who have a non aggressive response to the first dose benefit from it most.

Feel free to tear this to pieces.