House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

It's an illusion. If it's activated then there is a two year negotiation period to replace it with something else that avoids a border, so in practice no matter what happens, Northern Ireland is remaining aligned with the EU.

From memory, there is no guarantee that the border will be kept open. The JC just makes best recommendations to the UK and EU.

Your illusion is an assumption.

• Replies 145.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55464564

China and EU 'on verge' of major investment deal

Sounds like the EU have done it. Well done EU!

We have a roll-over deal with Turkey that gives us almost as much as we had with the EU to bragg about. That is what I call progress when you are walking up a down escalator :)

Good news for German car companies.

Bad timing for Biden.

Waiting to see if the EU got the labour commitments, France have said they'll veto if not.

Why didn't many more UK folk leave the UK for the EU while they had a chance? There was a large percentage rise since the referendum but the absolute numbers are miniscule.

I've heard that the clown is proposing a hike of 3% in VAT to pay for Brexit. 

I think I'll stick around for another 40 years and continue to write complete sht, may as well start early.

I've heard that the clown is proposing a hike of 3% in VAT to pay for Brexit. 

I think I'll stick around for another 40 years and continue to write complete sht, may as well start early.

It would put us in the same level as most of the EU, i am pro VAT as a tax, especially now as we can apply it more carefully to luxury goods.

Edited by debtlessmanc

It would put us in the same level as most of the EU, i am pro VAT as a tax, especially now as we can apply it more carefully to luxury goods.

.......would of course create a growing widening gap in equality........why increase tax on spending, why not asset gains?

Certain nice stuff for those that can pay for it from the rents and from asset gains they collect, the high net worth.......basic stuff for those that work with no net worth?;)

.......would of course create a growing widening gap in equality........why increase tax on spending, why not asset gains?

Certain nice stuff for those that can pay for it from the rents and from asset gains they collect, the high net worth.......basic stuff for those that work with no net worth?;)

With freedom to apply to what you want that is up to you... if you Tax BMW 5 series and it aflicts "the poor" then there is a problem, also criminals have to pay VAT.

Doen't have to be true. It's payment enough in hilarity to see leaver stooges lining up to justify raising taxes to pay for Brexit.

Are you suggesting that the rampant tax evasion in southern europe (badly affecterd by COVID) is okay as they are in the EU????

Edited by debtlessmanc

3% on VAT would not affect many businesses as it gets claimed back but of course it pushes up the price of many things for the consumer.  Not sure it’s a good idea when we are facing mass unemployment.  But of course they are out of ammunition, too much was spent in the good days and now it’s raining and they can’t afford an umbrella.  

A good summary of 5,635 pages.

Yes - leavers sunny uplands....paid for by tax increases...justified by Brexiteers....who don't see that the extra tax take could be used to...........pay for the NHS.....as promised :)

Instead we get plenty of red-tape.

Edited by IMHAL

You seem to be conflating leaving with the need to pay for COVID!! i don't think the virus was a Brussels policy was it?

You reacted to a quote that said '3% tax hike to pay for Brexit'. I asked what other tax rises would you increase to pay for BREXIT (not Covid), you responsed to that as a Brexit related item.

Now you bring in Covid.... when you have clearly justified raising taxes to pay for Brexit

Clearly you don't  comprehend the question or indeed your answer to that question.

Edited by IMHAL