House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

I no longer bang on about it.

Like you I love the idea of no-deal and dimwits supporting a corrupt government whose only talent is lying. A government whose only ambition is filling their pockets.

Bodes well for the future of our country. Gonna enjoy watching the pain among leavers and hope that people like you keep on voting for the biggest liars to help twist the screws for the next decade. And yes, you support the Tories. It was their idea. You voted Brexit.

What's next? Abortion should be banned and hanging doesn't kill anybody? Both coming to a referendum near you.

Lol it's just the way it is. We have lots of ppe now for the next outbreak. Think of the upsides.

• Replies 137.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• jonb2

• thehowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

Question:  could any of the EU member states throw a spanner in the works at this late stage?  was this 'divorce sttlement with 26 wives' just project fear?  Or has this bottom line already been agreed with all memeber states, and have our spies found out the details yet?

This big MOD spend announced, could that be both a stealth armour peircing carrot and stick for the EU deal? 

14st flyer -  a picture tells a thousand words, I'm on the acceptance phase now, this will be lose/lose for sure.

I no longer bang on about it.

Like you I love the idea of no-deal and dimwits supporting a corrupt government whose only talent is lying. A government whose only ambition is filling their pockets.

Bodes well for the future of our country. Gonna enjoy watching the pain among leavers and hope that people like you keep on voting for the biggest liars to help twist the screws for the next decade. And yes, you support the Tories. It was their idea. You voted Brexit.

What's next? Abortion should be banned and hanging doesn't kill anybody? Both coming to a referendum near you.

There may be worse to come - but with each passing day I’m less convinced there is a ‘right’ and a ‘wrong’ side and that one or the other will be vindicated. Not that won’t  happen as such but that’s a distraction from the bigger issue of ‘’Truth decay” to which unfortunately it looks like there is no limit.

Its actually one for the Covid thread but try searching Jodi Doering, and swap in for Brexit.

Basically patients yelling at the nurse about why they are wearing all the PPE as COVID doesn’t exist, and only stfu after they are intubated and die.

For all the yelling that points to a fragile mental state that’s being taken advantage of....

I can't see any regrets about brexit round my way. 

People are just bored with it and want it over. 

( they're more worried about delays in online shopping for Christmas presents).). 

Could be just my area, but politics has now completely disappeared off the radar. Even the virus doesn't get more than a cursory glance. 

Remainers still banging on in their Trump-like determination to engage in ridiculous mental gymnastics to justify claiming a vote didn't count?

Why the hell has it become the norm to kick up a big fuss and refuse to accept results you don't like? Remainers have done it, Scottish nationalists have done it, Trump's done it. Shame on the lot of them for trying to poison the entire concept of democracy, although they're all too self-assured in their delusion to even accept that's what they're doing (like Trump I expect they sincerely believe their own justifications because they simply cannot face the idea of a world where they're not true).

Most of the country don't think the current outcome is delivering a democratic mandate and would rather remain.

I guess most of the country are wrong and you are right, yes?

Food prices won't change much for six months so don't expect "most of the country" to notice too much until after that. They're not flying/ferrying either, which is handy. Average goods tariff is only about 3% and we're waiving it for six months. Exports will suffer more.

PS5s are sold out everywhere, that's headline news. Not Brexit. And no new PS5 tariffs in January. Most Brits have no awareness at all of the EU budget/rescue fund. Or what the EU even is. I don't think many of our MPs understand its workings either.

Even so, it's high time we got a deal. There's too much ideology getting in the way of sensible commerce. I'm afraid the higher ethos stuff is all gone, more's the pity.

But it's time to get it on. I've been looking at the trade imbalance with the EU, in terms of LPF risks for the EU - one of their chief stated concerns.

It seems to be close to £100 Billion negative for the UK in 2019, offset by services to about £80 Billion negative.

So can anyone tell me why they are so worried about state aid or LPF?

It's nonsense. Even if we broke all the rules it would hardly dent the imbalance.

Food prices won't change much for six months so don't expect "most of the country" to notice too much until after that. They're not flying/ferrying either, which is handy. Average goods tariff is only about 3% and we're waiving it for six months. Exports will suffer more.

PS5s are sold out everywhere, that's headline news. Not Brexit. And no new PS5 tariffs in January. Most Brits have no awareness at all of the EU budget/rescue fund. Or what the EU even is. I don't think many of our MPs understand its workings either.

Even so, it's high time we got a deal. There's too much ideology getting in the way of sensible commerce. I'm afraid the higher ethos stuff is all gone, more's the pity.

But it's time to get it on. I've been looking at the trade imbalance with the EU, in terms of LPF risks for the EU - one of their chief stated concerns.

It seems to be close to £100 Billion negative for the UK in 2019, offset by services to about £80 Billion negative.

It's nonsense. Even if we broke all the rules it would hardly dent the imbalance.

They are standard clauses within FTAs.. The issue isn't going away post January...

I agree. The way these clauses are presented appears to be significantly more painful for the U.K. to accept, than they are beneficial to the EU in the real world. 

I think it is all coming down to that horrible word “optics”. 

It appears the EU is offering a Hobson’s choice, regardless of how close or distant the U.K. would like the future relationship to be.  

Any deal offered to the U.K. contains aspects that would be unacceptable/unattractive enough for other member states to never accept it (so there will be no further article 50s triggered). 

If the U.K. does not agree to one of these deals, serious self harm in the form of a no deal stand off awaits. 

From the U.K. side, any deal that is clearly unacceptable/unattractive to remaining EU members is also likely to be unacceptable to us. So we can only leave with serious self harm.  

Forced Dynamic alignment and direct Oversight by one side’s legal jurisdiction is not standard away from the EU as far as I am aware. 

Is it going to change post no deal? The UK will be in an even weaker position.. the EU will stifle the UK until it wins...  Should have gone the EEA route shouldn't we?

Edited by Dave Beans

Is it going to change post no deal? The UK will be in an even weaker position.. the EU will stifle the UK until it wins...  Should have gone the EEA route shouldn't we?

Not sure how you expect the more civilised/adult discussion to emanate from that, Dave?

It won't.

I haven't seen a single trade wonk - even the most pro-EU - say that dynamic alignment is workable or realistic. It has to be tempered via some independent body.

Not sure how you expect the more civilised/adult discussion to emanate from that, Dave?

It won't.

I haven't seen a single trade wonk - even the most pro-EU - say that dynamic alignment is workable or realistic. It has to be tempered via some independent body.

If the IMB passes, the US/Biden administration could end up being mediators, if things get rough... no deal would also mean an open frontier than the EU will have to plug without a hard border...you'll almost in full trade wars if that happens... Helps know one, but there you go..

If the IMB passes, the US/Biden administration could end up being mediators, if things get rough... no deal would also mean an open frontier than the EU will have to plug without a hard border...you'll almost in full trade wars if that happens... Helps know one, but there you go..

Johnson can present cross-Community support for reopening the WA, might welcome the US to mediate. UK won't impose border controls under any circs, as you know I think most likely route would be ROI/EU checks, to respect the GFA and keep the NI/ROI border open. Imagine the US would agree.

All could be avoided if EU were prepared to be flexible and ready to move, as they have said they are, repeatedly.

Rule-taker dynamic alignment is a bridge too far - cite me a trade expert/pundit/observer who disagrees.

The north of England voted for this sh1tshow because they are all ugly retards.

Best just cut them lose and turn them into the dumb peasants.....................err "turn them into"? ;)

You keep bringing this up. Sorry to burst your bubble but areas of the South East voted for Brexit too. Kent is nowhere near the north. Neither is Devon, Cornwall or east Anglia. Wales and the Midlands is getting a bit closer. 

You keep bringing this up. Sorry to burst your bubble but areas of the South East voted for Brexit too. Kent is nowhere near the north. Neither is Devon, Cornwall or east Anglia. Wales and the Midlands is getting a bit closer. 

Most of the leave vote was in the pie eating north of England.

I'll pull up some figures shortly.

Johnson can present cross-Community support for reopening the WA, might welcome the US to mediate. UK won't impose border controls under any circs, as you know I think most likely route would be ROI/EU checks, to respect the GFA and keep the NI/ROI border open. Imagine the US would agree.

All could be avoided if EU were prepared to be flexible and ready to move, as they have said they are, repeatedly.

Rule-taker dynamic alignment is a bridge too far - cite me a trade expert/pundit/observer who disagrees.

The UK will not outline its plans in regards to its state aid regime, thus the ECJ route is the default option for the EU, until they know what the UK's plans are, and thus compromise..

https://www.ft.com/content/560e9bd2-b54a-415c-9f0b-c72f5dd2c124

Edited by Dave Beans

What does 'flexible and ready to move' actually mean ?

Looks like it's the 'English' then that voted for this sh1show then.

Dirty "my home is my castle" fookers that they are. ;)

Bloody Normans.  They should all be sent back to France imo.

Hey thats my secret Norman theory lol.

And yes there will be no UK left if the English carry on like this. I'm English and even I'm starting to wince when I hear 'the UK wants...'

Looks like it's the 'English' then that voted for this sh1show then.

Dirty "my home is my castle" fookers that they are. ;)

Bloody Normans.  They should all be sent back to France imo.

But also there was no region where the Leave vote was over 60%, so you can't tar the whole country with the same brush.

A small minority of headbangers want nothing to do with the EU. The majority of leave voters really only cared about ending freedom of movement. Now that is done the UK could sign up to just about any deal with the EU and 90%+ of leave voters wouldn't notice. The vocal minority are the ones stopping this now.