House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

All in hindsight now, but interesting none the less.

https://issuu.com/portland_comms/docs/brexitbooklet_online_3_?e=7459321/36134988

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/dont-panic-heres-how-brexit-can-make-britain-can-be-a-great-trad/

David Frost - pg 33..

153721526_Screenshot2020-11-18020940.png.5235287b21616ce074ae6be48ff2581c.png

Knowing all this type of stuff, why on earth, did he agree to take on the job as chief negotiator, when he knew, at the back of his mind, that it would end up in a shambles?

Cakeism.

Swiss like access to the EU market and free to undercut the EU through liberalisation, which will benefit better off but screw further low skilled workers.    

• Replies 137.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• jonb2

• thehowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

Sound neat but to be like Norway we'd need to be out the customs union and need a border with the EU, so then what happens to Northern Ireland? Where does he mention the solution to that?

The single window has been about for over 15 years now.... If we'd have been on top of this from the start....This where the future is...

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/general-information-customs/electronic-customs/eu-single-window-environment-for-customs_en

Edited by Dave Beans

All in hindsight now, but interesting none the less.

https://issuu.com/portland_comms/docs/brexitbooklet_online_3_?e=7459321/36134988

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/dont-panic-heres-how-brexit-can-make-britain-can-be-a-great-trad/

David Frost - pg 33..

153721526_Screenshot2020-11-18020940.png.5235287b21616ce074ae6be48ff2581c.png

Knowing all this type of stuff, why on earth, did he agree to take on the job as chief negotiator, when he knew, at the back of his mind, that it would end up in a shambles?

Well, they've gone even further and inflicted this knowingly during the Covid crisis.

He also wrote that it 

"simply isn’t worth jeopardising access to the single market for the sake of global trade". This is now explicit UK government policy. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-talks-latest-european-parliament-david-frost-b1724168.html

Well, they've gone even further and inflicted this knowingly during the Covid crisis.

He also wrote that it 

"simply isn’t worth jeopardising access to the single market for the sake of global trade". This is now explicit UK government policy. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-talks-latest-european-parliament-david-frost-b1724168.html

Well well well...from the same guy who is now saying it is worth sacrificing the SM for the global market.

Why on earth would anyone believe what thus numpty says is beyond me. 

Well well well...from the same guy who is now saying it is worth sacrificing the SM for the global market.

Why on earth would anyone believe what thus numpty says is beyond me. 

Why would anyone believe anything the whole lot of them say? It concluded the debate on which was the right side to support very early on when I realised that one side were pathological liars. Not just in the normal political sense of evading answers but actually entirely built on 40 years of outright lies and hatred against a union designed to create a more harmonised Europe. 

Many of these people will be morons who simply don't understand why they're being misled but too large a number know exactly what they're doing and do it anyway, with intent. They have no morals.

Supporting an ideology with those sort of morals was always going to be a disaster. And so it is.

Why would anyone believe anything the whole lot of them say? It concluded the debate on which was the right side to support very early on when I realised that one side were pathological liars. Not just in the normal political sense of evading answers but actually entirely built on 40 years of outright lies and hatred against a union designed to create a more harmonised Europe. 

Many of these people will be morons who simply don't understand why they're being misled but too large a number know exactly what they're doing and do it anyway, with intent. They have no morals.

Supporting an ideology with those sort of morals was always going to be a disaster. And so it is.

The economists don't believe him or any Brexiteers claims that Britain will be more prosperous, soon or in the far future. No credible plan, no strategy and no numbers. I think Frost will say anything so long as he has primacy.

I do get fed up with the message that there will be jam tomorrow, even more so that people put up with it. My larder is full to the brim with jars of tommorow jam. Soon we will be in need of sustenance to get us through the here and now.

The economists don't believe him or any Brexiteers claims that Britain will be more prosperous, soon or in the far future. No credible plan, no strategy and no numbers. I think Frost will say anything so long as he has primacy.

I do get fed up with the message that there will be jam tomorrow, even more so that people put up with it. My larder is full to the brim with jars of tommorow jam. Soon we will be in need of sustenance to get us through the here and now.

We have been through 10 years of Tory "jam tomorrow look over there at those immigrants while I award this multi million pound contract to my mates". Things keep getting worse under the Tories and yet our ever loving enlightened population seem content to keep believing them that it is still the fault of everyone else, not the ruling party.

We have been through 10 years of Tory "jam tomorrow look over there at those immigrants while I award this multi million pound contract to my mates". Things keep getting worse under the Tories and yet our ever loving enlightened population seem content to keep believing them that it is still the fault of everyone else, not the ruling party.

I've got bad news for you:

"labour would be worse". 

That is the sentiment that keeps getting the Tories elected, not some nonsense about believing tories. 

They know full well the Tories are corrupt and everything ist. A lot of them just think labour would be worse. 

"labour would be worse". 

That is the sentiment that keeps getting the Tories elected, not some nonsense about believing tories. 

They know full well the Tories are corrupt and everything ist. A lot of them just think labour would be worse. 

And in a nutshell it shows the main problem in the UK is our stupid voting system where it has to be either Tories or Labour.

And in a nutshell it shows the main problem in the UK is our stupid voting system where it has to be either Tories or Labour.

No it isn't.  That some just a symptom.

Adding in the liberals and the greens isn't going to change that. 

People want to get money by other people paying instead of earning it themselves. That's the main problem in this country. 

It's everywhere, not just 2 parties or 6. Its in councils, benefits offices, prisons, monopolies, shareholders, banks, divorce courts, rent seekers of all kinds. This website is dedicated to just one of them: landlords. But it's exactly the same problem everywhere. 

"labour would be worse". 

That is the sentiment that keeps getting the Tories elected, not some nonsense about believing tories

It was mainly the Brexiteer rank of Tories as they initiated Brexit and are in charge of Brexit.

As for Tories vs Labour, political parties come and go. I will wait till the aftermath of Brexit and for the penny to drop with Jo public, then we will see who is regarded as the least bad.

"labour would be worse". 

The UK has left the EU, but now Boris is delivering Brexit for Tory voters as he promised. People have high expectations and hope their preferred Brexit will be delivered. But chunk of them want no deal, another chunk expecting a deal and the rest of them want something in between or something completely different.

He can't please everyone, and probably more than half will not be happy with the BJ's Brexit choice. How is he going to explain them he went for the other choice?

And who is he going to blame for his Brexit choice?

The UK has left the EU, but now Boris is delivering Brexit for Tory voters as he promised. People have high expectations and hope their preferred Brexit will be delivered. But chunk of them want no deal, another chunk expecting a deal and the rest of them want something in between or something completely different.

He can't please everyone, and probably more than half will not be happy with the BJ's Brexit choice. How is he going to explain them he went for the other choice?

And who is he going to blame for his Brexit choice?

The majority of Tory voters will keep voting Tory no matter what. The biggest group of swing voters are the vehement hard brexiters and so that is who he must please to remain in power. Unless of course he thinks it is far enough away from the next election to ditch these people.

Oh, and he's going to blame the EU and remainers of course. That's what brexit has always been about, the blame.

Oh, and he's going to blame the EU and remainers of course.

Yep, looks more likely by the day. 

And sadly, if direct ECJ control, future EU rule taking on level playing field controls over which we have no influence, and no respect of U.K. sovereign fishing rights are cited as the reasons for no deal, he will get a lot of electoral support. 

It looks to me as if the EU negotiators/leadership are going down a disastrous route here. 

And sadly, if direct ECJ control, future EU rule taking on level playing field controls over which we have no influence, and no respect of U.K. sovereign fishing rights are cited as the reasons for no deal, he will get a lot of electoral support. 

It looks to me as if the EU negotiators/leadership are going down a disastrous route here. 

Meh! A no deal is the pinnacle of sovereignty seeking freedom loving brexiteers. Surely they should take the credit and thank the EU for giving them what they want. Us remainers are happy to sit in the stalls and watch, no credit is due the audience.

LOL. Still blaming the EU.

The UK has created this mess, the EU can only chose a lesser evil, of course from their point of view. With the UK cakesism their choice is either make a deal, which will undermine CM and cost them dearly or have no deal and get some a relative smaller hit to their economy. 

Brexit is more like a Nutella Jar we here the Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread has been substituted for some of Boris’ brown stick stuff.  

If there are no depths to which people will not sink to to defend English stupidity then English stupidity will prosper.

Blaming the EU will not last long. The challenge will be to rebuild the economy post - Covid and post - Brexit.

Nissan warns on its UK future without a Brexit deal

With a Brexit deadline just days away, Britain's biggest car plant "will not be sustainable" if there is no deal, Nissan has warned.

"If it happens without any sustainable business case obviously it is not a question of Sunderland or not Sunderland, obviously our UK business will not be sustainable, that's it," Nissan's chief operating officer Ashwani Gupta told Reuters.

The EU has warned the UK it has less than 10 days left to secure a deal that will govern trade from next year.

BBC

Yes, disastrous for the UK.

Perhaps you should have listened to everyone who told you so before voting leave.

Agreed. Disastrous for the U.K. But not only for the U.K.  

For the avoidance of any doubt in the uninitiated, I am a “remainer”.