House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 142.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• jonb2

• thehowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

The campaign to rejoin must kick off inside the next 18 months with a referendum to rejoin straight after the next (hopefully early) general election. The idiots who  voted for Brexit do deserve a bit more suffering to pay for their stupidity, this will of course increase over the next 12 months.

It's only my opinion, but hoping for a change in the next 18 months is too optimistic in current position.

Edited by rollover

Lockdown and Brxit...

What more do we want, are we strong enough?....is this what taking back control means?;)

Are the negotiators able to resist covid in BXL next week, that's the first test.

Strange to think that a FTA announcement in mid-Nov would be a good news story, in current times.

I think it's likley we'll now be in a form of lockdown until March (govt seem to do what Public Health England tell them to do) and a lot of the transition-end pain will be swallowed up by the pervading gloom.

Are the negotiators able to resist covid in BXL next week, that's the first test.

Strange to think that a FTA announcement in mid-Nov would be a good news story, in current times.

I think it's likley we'll now be in a form of lockdown until March (govt seem to do what Public Health England tell them to do) and a lot of the transition-end pain will be swallowed up by the pervading gloom.

Let's hope things will be held until Spring at the earliest.;)

Yes - that works well for England. What about Wales, Scotland, NI? All the pain of Brexit plus not in a massive 3 month lockdown? Will this increase tensions within the UK?

Why? they are no different to those sold as free range. 

NB they make up 2% of the market.

Organic eggs are currently 3.8% of the market.

However Liquid egg for food processors accounts for 68% of the total production and almost none of that is organic.

So if you are looking at whole eggs, then organic is around 10% although if you shop in Waitrose I'd estimate their sales as closer to 70% just based on the shelf space.

https://www.soilassociation.org/organic-living/what-is-organic/organic-eggs/

"Free-range" eggs are a marketing con, if you don't want to buy organic, just own it and buy battery eggs - they are the same thing.

Organic eggs are currently 3.8% of the market.

However Liquid egg for food processors accounts for 68% of the total production and almost none of that is organic.

So if you are looking at whole eggs, then organic is around 10% although if you shop in Waitrose I'd estimate their sales as closer to 70% just based on the shelf space.

https://www.soilassociation.org/organic-living/what-is-organic/organic-eggs/

"Free-range" eggs are a marketing con, if you don't want to buy organic, just own it and buy battery eggs - they are the same thing.

That site is PR nonsense every point it raises is either wrong, misleading or irrelevant, but lets not turn the thread into a discussion about eggs you can do a bit more research if you are that interested.

Yes, hard to see how this lockdown light is going the turn things around. Most likely outcome is we will get a Christmas break and then back into lockdown after new year.  

Seems sensible. Shame they couldn't do the same for all our main industries for any new FTA'S and also changes to existing FTA's, especially with our main customer.

If the above is the case, then I can't see a US FTA happening - as they have insisted that agriculture should be part of it...

If the above is the case, then I can't see a US FTA happening - as they have insisted that agriculture should be part of it...

Who knows, we will be in a weak and uncomfortable position soon. Any deal might get through if it provides a respite to our economic woes.

Who will benefit from brxit?......good for less regulation, wealth protection, and protection of offshore tax havens?

Why did we blame so many for what was not their doing..... immigrants, benefit claimants, wrong shaped bananas, wrong sized eggs.....when after brxit will still have everything we said was wrong with it and more......cheap poor quality food and quality food more expensive.....fewer choices, less freedom for some... greater division protectionism?;)

Who will benefit from brxit?......good for less regulation, wealth protection, and protection of offshore tax havens?

Why did we blame so many for what was not their doing..... immigrants, benefit claimants, wrong shaped bananas, wrong sized eggs.....when after brxit will still have everything we said was wrong with it and more......cheap poor quality food and quality food more expensive.....fewer choices, less freedom for some... greater division protectionism?;)

Short answer......this 'man'.....worm tongue. Stoking division, focusing on the cost of compromise to the exclusion of any benefits. He seeks relevance and influence without taking or accepting any responsibility.   

image.jpeg.a50b34e396d5f8c4f49b325dabf9a29f.jpeg