House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

• Replies 146k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrizzlyDave

• Confusion of VIs

• thehowler

• jonb2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

Yup...If they resort to making personal attacks, calling you stupid or somesuch (of which I've had a few on here over the years), you know they don't know what to say...

Nah, that's just shallow false altruism.

I can genuinely call stupid people stupid or liars, liars and they will remain those and the truth will remain the truth. Some people are not convincible, well known human trait. There is no immutable standard of arguing that says I've suddenly lost the argument, because I'd still be correct if I called a flat earther stupid.

However if they really were ganging up on the fat cats they would have voted Labour and Corbyn who was seen as the biggest threat to fat cattery in the last 50 years or more.  Why then did they vote for the financial benefit city bankers, landlords, offshore for tax purposes employers,  a potential removal of the min wage, zero hour contracts,  and why did they vote against new social housing, better social security, better NHS and in fact everything that would have been better for them.? Why did they not want a progressive European country on par with the best in North Western Europe? or even france for that matter.   I cannot belive that there is so much collective stupidity in the country.    There is no time in history that a right wing populist government has done anything for the peasants.   (unless you think Mussolini got the trains running on time or Hitler youth movement kept the kids occupied)

+1....They were distracted by the calls to oust the Polish plumbers.

Nah, that's just shallow false altruism.

I can genuinely call stupid people stupid or liars, liars and they will remain those and the truth will remain the truth. Some people are not convincible, well known human trait. There is no immutable standard of arguing that says I've suddenly lost the argument, because I'd still be correct if I called a flat earther stupid.

+1

They didn't vote labour because they thought Corbyn would just bankrupt the country. Plus his mps weren't agreeing to any brexit. 

They wouldn't vote for Corbyn today either. 

It's bad enough being a slave without having the country bankrupted as well?

Can you spell out for us the differences between the Conservative policies currently and Corbyn and then elaborate how Corbyn would have bankrupted the country.

Could you further explain why Sweden and Denmark aren't bankrupt?

I doubt it, because you're just brainwashed to believe a certain viewpoint like a sheep, without further thought.

Foreigners? Can you be more specific? EU citizens weren't able to vote.

Foreigners meant those not born and bred in this country broadly.  

Hundreds of thousands  of them got British passports over the last 25 years, so of course they could vote.

Foreigners meant those not born and bred in this country broadly.  

Hundreds of thousands  of them got British passports over the last 25 years, so of course they could vote.

They have British passports and they're still foreigners to you?

Stupid man.

+1....They were distracted by the calls to oust the Polish plumbers.

'Look over there' tactics has been a popular propaganda ploy since time started.  The Tories combined with the Brexit collective have used this with great effect via their right wing cronies in the press and social media. 

Most brexiteers and low paid tory voters I know, ie most of my extended tribe have fallen for this in a big way and I know they got their ideas from the same extreme right wing outlets and learned opiniions and slogans 'get brexit done'  '£350 million a week for the NHS'.  'Taking back control' when they are too stupid to realise that the UK was in control not only here but in the EU also (which provided us with only about 5% of our law)   and they are 'taking our jobs' when they dont realise that its their employers giving thier jobs away which will continue to happen post brexit (as the numbers from Africa and the Indian sub continent etc have gone up since the referendum), nor do they realise that if we had a progressive political party in charge they would not have to face such draconian punishment for becoming unemployed. I could go on.

Can you spell out for us the differences between the Conservative policies currently and Corbyn and then elaborate how Corbyn would have bankrupted the country.

I doubt it, because you're just brainwashed to believe a certain viewpoint like a sheep, without further thought.

I’m looking forward to the responses to these questions!

I agree. Corbyns UK would have been like some of the most successful societies in Europe, ie the world.  Not only that the Labour party has a huge collective intellegence which is totaly lacking in the current 'get brexit done' tory party.

Ok: conservative policies currently are to protect the fat cats and siphon as much money as possible to their rich friends. 

Corbyn would have sprayed money up the wall willy nilly until the country was bankrupt. Labours favourite method historically  was creating government make work jobs or giving themselves large pay rises.  

Sweden isn't bankrupt because they don't have the 2 options above alternating in government. 

Whoever brainwashed me forgot to tell me who to vote for!

Ok: conservative policies currently are to protect the fat cats and siphon as much money as possible to their rich friends.

Can you see how Brexit has been a huge enabler of this because of the opportunities it creates for dubious contracts to be awarded without scrutiny? There's a prime example here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/16/alternative-to-irish-backstop-consultant-shanker-singham-in-line-for-200m-contract

They didn't vote labour because they thought Corbyn would just bankrupt the country. Plus his mps weren't agreeing to any brexit. 

They wouldn't vote for Corbyn today either. 

It's bad enough being a slave without having the country bankrupted as well?

That is a very obvious learned opinion (based on false logic) from your betters. ie the Tory propaganda machine whos only intererst is the financial well being of the landed gentry, the bankers, the big corps who dont pay tax, the inner circle tories if you will. 

What they have voted for is a race to the bottom on wages, social security, health, environment (UK rivers for eg have been run down for the last 10 years since tory took over to the point that they nearly all seriously polluted)  You voted for a reduced police force, a poorer NHS and so on.  The lie that your favoured propaganda outlet trots out is based on the old 'Its other peoples money' routine invented by Thatcher and used to make poor people feel guilty for having a tiny slice of the national wealth (in the form of proper social housing, proper NHS, proper pensions, proper services for the disabled and proper public transport which most of the country does not get). 

Government spending is magicked into existance in the form of a pretend loan which they pretend to pay back and is only a problem if the money produced outpaces the avaliable resourses (like in Zimbabwe etc, a very rare event)  

People basically have sh*t in thier own boots in favour of the petty wants of the already rich who own most of this country.  Lets see what happens going forward with your red wall tories. I do have an inkling.

Can you see how Brexit has been a huge enabler of this because of the opportunities it creates for dubious contracts to be awarded without scrutiny? There's a prime example here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/16/alternative-to-irish-backstop-consultant-shanker-singham-in-line-for-200m-contract

Yes of course, they're conservatives. 

They all know the best way to conserve public assets is to keep them in their own pockets. 

It's what being conservative means. 

And How Mr 1920's  Mogg filled his britches in parliament when it was demanded by Labour as opening the books on Money flows to Serco for eg

''Half an hour after Rees-Mogg claimed he welcomed scrutiny, Labour MP Richard Burgon asked him to grant a debate on the “private sector companies undermining our Test and Trace system”.

Rees-Mogg rose to his feet and issued a one-word response: “No.”

They have lots to hide.  Once we know exact contract details we can follow the money via offshore accounts and busineses etc back to tory mps pockets.

That is a very obvious learned opinion (based on false logic) from your betters. ie the Tory propaganda machine whos only intererst is the financial well being of the landed gentry, the bankers, the big corps who dont pay tax, the inner circle tories if you will. 

What they have voted for is a race to the bottom on wages, social security, health, environment (UK rivers for eg have been run down for the last 10 years since tory took over to the point that they nearly all seriously polluted)  You voted for a reduced police force, a poorer NHS and so on.  The lie that your favoured propaganda outlet trots out is based on the old 'Its other peoples money' routine invented by Thatcher and used to make poor people feel guilty for having a tiny slice of the national wealth (in the form of proper social housing, proper NHS, proper pensions, proper services for the disabled and proper public transport which most of the country does not get). 

Government spending is magicked into existance in the form of a pretend loan which they pretend to pay back and is only a problem if the money produced outpaces the avaliable resourses (like in Zimbabwe etc, a very rare event)  

People basically have sh*t in thier own boots in favour of the petty wants of the already rich who own most of this country.  Lets see what happens going forward with your red wall tories. I do have an inkling.

You still haven't grasped the fact have you.

Labour bankrupts the country. And they frustrated brexit. That was the perception. 

That's why they voted tory.They didn't sign up to any of that other stuff you list. 

They just didn't want the commie bankrupt party in. 

You still haven't grasped the fact have you.

Labour bankrupts the country. And they frustrated brexit. That was the perception. 

That's why they voted tory.They didn't sign up to any of that other stuff you list. 

They just didn't want the commie bankrupt party in. 

Labour does not bankrupt the country.  The tories on the other hand are trying hard.   Once again you are spouting a learned opinon invented to keep you in your  place.

Labours favourite method historically  was creating government make work jobs or giving themselves large pay rises.  

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/government-spending-to-gdp

The peaks were: 1968 (under Wilson, but declined rapidly thereafter), 1976 (under Labour, but a rapid decline thereafter), 1983 (Thatcher - hard to blame that one on Labour), 1993 (Major - can't be blamed on Labour, but there was a worldwide slump, so not really the fault of the Conservatives), 2010 (Conservatives, but the cause was a worldwide crisis so not anyone's fault). So we have two peaks under Labour not immediately attributable to worldwide crises of particularly epic proportions (there were issues at the time) and one under the Conservatives, and in all cases it improved under the same parties. So the evidence doesn't seem to quite match your narrative.

The thing is looking at the above supposes that the average spending level is the right level as opposed to just the average, or typical level outside a crisis.

If you look at Sweden (https://tradingeconomics.com/sweden/government-spending-to-gdp) it's much higher and Sweden doesn't seem to be bankrupt or a terrible place to live. It's also higher in Germany, and the standard of living there is generally higher.

Do you find it significant that both Labour and the Tories have been marginalised in Scotland and do you support Scottish independence?

Not significant, it's only Scotland after all. The Scots are just being sensible and voting for people who are actually interested in them. 

No I don't support Scottish independence. If they do that they'll have another darien scheme and go bankrupt again. 

Given every Scot is being subsidised about £3000 a year, it just isn't sensible. 

That's why they lost the referendum. 

The only way I can see it working is for the Scottish government to be noticeably better at economics than the British parliament, and get the tax rate lower enough to offset the fact of being at the end of a 350 mile dead end Road.  

If I were Scots I would be looking closely at quebec. They are the masters at getting whatever they want out of central government and yet still doing whatever the hell they want. 

If I were Scots I would be looking closely at quebec. They are the masters at getting whatever they want out of central government and yet still doing whatever the hell they want. 

So Scotland to rejoin the EEA whilst still being in the UK? Remaining in the EU was what was promised in 2014.

Edited by NobodyInParticular

Labour does not bankrupt the country.  The tories on the other hand are trying hard.   Once again you are spouting a learned opinon invented to keep you in your  place.

Ye gods, what planet are you on? 

2008 : leaving a note saying "the money's all gone" or equivalent. Do you think everyone's forgotten?