House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
53 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Take back control. ?

Where's Fartrage hiding?

57679b4e1500002a0073b6a5.jpeg?ops=2000_1

He either in the USA licking Trumps ar55 or in france drinking wine (the beer drinking is a prop to appeal to the working class xenophobes)

HOLA443
HOLA444
7 minutes ago, winkie said:

There will always be those who think the grass will be greener on the other side and will believe anything told to them......I only hope things turn out well, in all our best interests.....if we leave and everything becomes worse than is now......guess what can put the blame onto the virus or anything else handy at the time including the people.?

I actually hope Brexit will turn out well too. Can't see it but I hope it does. It would be less painful than going into reverse...provided going forwards was not even more painful.

HOLA445
HOLA446
39 minutes ago, crouch said:

I thought that the terms on we are leaving has yet to be revealed; if that is the case how could I possibly be doing what you suggest?

The advantages are a big secret.

Only Crouch knows them. But they will be delivered by Santa.

Or, Crouch is a thickie.

HOLA447
5 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Boris Johnson offers 3 Million Hong Kong citizens refuge in UK in response to China

I love this. This leaves only the USA for trade. Good luck with that.

HOLA448
2 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

As long as we don't need ebola drugs it will all be fine. 

HOLA449
1 minute ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

As long as we don't need ebola drugs it will all be fine. 

Or anything else from the ROW.

We're British don't you know. For example, last night I just coded a new operating system to compete with Linux, Windows and MacOS. I will try it on the new laptop I've just designed and built in the garage.

The car I built will stay on the street for now. It's waiting for a decent Sat-Nav system anyway. I'll ask Dom if it's ready yet.

On food, Dig for Britain. We don't need no stinking foreign food.

Who needs medical supplies when you the expertise of JCB and Dyson on hand.

Got to go, my ARM based Psion is ringing.

HOLA4410
10 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Or anything else from the ROW.

We're British don't you know. For example, last night I just coded a new operating system to compete with Linux, Windows and MacOS. I will try it on the new laptop I've just designed and built in the garage.

The car I built will stay on the street for now. It's waiting for a decent Sat-Nav system anyway. I'll ask Dom if it's ready yet.

On food, Dig for Britain. We don't need no stinking foreign food.

Who needs medical supplies when you the expertise of JCB and Dyson on hand.

Got to go, my ARM based Psion is ringing.

Love it!

I can't wait to try BritOS or is it BrexOS on my BBC Micro with its 2MHz MOS Based 6512 Processor.

Way more powerful than our 2 bit Government!

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Love it!

I can't wait to try BritOS or is it BrexOS on my BBC Micro with its 2MHz MOS Based 6512 Processor.

Way more powerful than our 2 bit Government!

1 Bit. There's no black and white. Just White.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 29/06/2020 at 08:24, spyguy said:

Brexit was casud by FOM and the EUs butt headed ignorance in not seeing the UK was hosting ~80% of Europe FOM.

So if your 80% number is true and there are 4-8m EEA citizens living in the UK, that means there are 1-2m internal EEA migrants shared among the 450m population of the EEA.

Is that your claim?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

So if your 80% number is true and there are 4-8m EEA citizens living in the UK, that means there are 1-2m internal EEA migrants shared among the 450m population of the EEA.

Is that your claim?

Yes.

HOLA4416
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Who knew that taking back controls of the borders meant increasing immigration 100x and allowing any tom, dick, and harry virus into the Brexshit isles. 

Have you got a problem with chinese people? Sounds like you have.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Johnson warned by business on ‘hugely damaging’ no-deal Brexit

More than 100 UK company chiefs, entrepreneurs and business groups have written to the prime minister warning that it would be “hugely damaging” to the economy if Britain leaves the EU without a deal at the end of this year.
Businesses “simply do not have time or capacity to prepare for big changes in trading rules by the end of the year — especially given that we are already grappling with the upheaval caused by coronavirus”.

FT

The Brexit unicorn is going to fly, fly, fly, I'm Telling Ya!

HOLA4420
20 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

There are over 4m non-German EEA citizens in Germany alone, your budget more than doubly blown in a single country.

it is a little more complicated than that, over 11m ethnic germans were expelled from eastern europe during the cold war. It is a reasonable assumption that a fair fraction of the number you quote are actually still Some of these people in their old age ir thei children who did not want to do national service in germany, such as i have met. The uk, being an island, does not really have an equivalence to this, except i guess anglo irish such as bernard shaw etc.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4421
27 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Have you got a problem with chinese people? Sounds like you have.

This is just great. We have leavers moaning and whinging that the influx of EE's caused Brexit....because 'we had no control' .... now we have an elected Brexit gov telling the same people that we will have a large influx of people...but it's ok....because we have control?

Effect is the same. The same leavers will have the same problem...they have been trained not to want 'the other'.

Personally, I welcome them. With open arms. Just as I welcomed the EE's.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

This is just great. We have leavers moaning and whinging that the influx of EE's caused Brexit....because 'we had no control' .... now we have an elected Brexit gov telling the same people that we will have a large influx of people...but it's ok....because we have control?

Effect is the same. The same leavers will have the same problem...they have been trained not to want 'the other'.

Personally, I welcome them. With open arms.

At this point, the reasonable sane brexiters are rather quite. Sadly, this gives the impression that all the leavers are idiots, but is sample bias perhaps.

HOLA4423
1 minute ago, rollover said:

The Brexit unicorn is going to fly, fly, fly, I'm Telling Ya!

The good thing about Leavers is that they are their own enemies. They will create so huge mess that we will join the EU faster than we left it. Rejoiners don't have to do anything, just sit with popcorn and watch the reality crushing Brexit unicorns.     

HOLA4424
3 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Maybe that the point of the Huawei kerfuffle - the USA couldn't be seen as the only major trading partner left Brexiters could go begging to.

Maybe the letter from the ERG to Barnier was panic rather than madness.

HOLA4425
2 minutes ago, slawek said:

The good thing about Leavers is that they are their own enemies. They will create so huge mess that we will join the EU faster than we left it. Rejoiners don't have to do anything, just sit with popcorn and watch the reality crushing Brexit unicorns.     

I think you are right. I will invest in a popcorn machine...and just wait for the Brexit pop while munching.