House Price Crash Forum
GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

This is the problem with this country - Whatever party we have in power it is always the same. Unless we do something about it.

55 minutes ago, FANG said:

This is the problem with this country - Whatever party we have in power it is always the same. Unless we do something about it.

So it wasn't the fault of that pesky EU afterall. Thanks for confirming. We knew you'd get there in the end.

1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Here's some for Remainers...

Q1. If there are 20 ethnic migrants in a Dinghy and 7 of them are chucked out to die how many are left?

Q2. If there are any number of migrants in a Dinghy and they threaten to throw their children overboard to keep away the French, how many children do they have to throw overboard for the desired effect?

Q3. Regarding questions 1 and 2. For remainers, should it be a prerequisite for immigrants to enter, that they have recently committed murder or threatened to murder children?

The answer is that the 'survey' tells us quite alot about you.

3 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

The answer is that the 'survey' tells us quite alot about you.

You should be more upfront and tell everyone what you think that is. Just to stop you wasting more time I'm already aware your reply might be something like "well...if you don't know then you are a moron" so please.

3 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Q1. If there are 20 ethnic migrants in a Dinghy and 7 of them are chucked out to die how many are left?

Q2. If there are any number of migrants in a Dinghy and they threaten to throw their children overboard to keep away the French, how many children do they have to throw overboard for the desired effect?

Q3. Regarding questions 1 and 2. For remainers, should it be a prerequisite for immigrants to enter, that they have recently committed murder or threatened to murder children?

I personally find that quite shocking . But we should return them to France where they already have safe harbour. 

1 minute ago, FANG said:

I personally find that quite shocking . But we should return them to France where they already have safe harbour. 

I don't find it shocking, I understand why you do though. People act according to the ways of the society they live / lived in, this is normal to them. Here's another one, not related...

World Health Organization, Page 38, Age group 0-4, Column 1, Row 3...

https://www.bzga-whocc.de/fileadmin/user_upload/WHO_BZgA_Standards_English.pdf

13 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I know you were just responding to some off-topic questions but why do you think migrants trying to get to the UK is a brexit topic?

9 hours ago, FANG said:

Why would France agree to cooperate? The UK is intent on going it alone and has been quite content to let European mainland shoulder the huge burden of migration from countries the UK helped bomb. If I were a French, Italian, Greek, I'd be telling my governments to ensure the UK takes a large part of that burden.

On 28/05/2020 at 22:55, thecrashingisles said:

The same logic says they should let Russians visit without the hassle of getting visas.

Russians can just buy EU citizenship from cyprus i guess, a good money spinner. It us certainly in their financial interests to make regular russian tourists queue a very long time..

Edited by debtlessmanc

17 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

If you thought Brexshit was about reducing immigration you've been badly played and laughed at:

UK opens door to citizenship for 300,000 HK residents

I actually think this is a good idea, hard working educated, wealthy in many cases and the uk does actually owe them something....

22 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I moved to Denmark twelve years ago. Since then, I have flown between Manchester and Copenhagen.

Back then, Copenhagen was richer, clearly, but it felt like the same economic environment. Since then, the standard of living in most of Europe has rised dramatically, Manchester just looks older.

Your comparing the capital of denmark with the neglected regions of the uk. Compare london and aarhus instead.

27 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Why would France agree to cooperate? The UK is intent on going it alone and has been quite content to let European mainland shoulder the huge burden of migration from countries the UK helped bomb. If I were a French, Italian, Greek, I'd be telling my governments to ensure the UK takes a large part of that burden.

I have always wondered about the enormous french efforts to keep the eurotunnel free of migrants, then i recalled that getlink is french owned and that most eurotunnel share owners are french funds and wealthy french people, suddenly it all made sense...

10 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Your comparing the capital of denmark with the neglected regions of the uk. Compare london and aarhus instead.

I was comparing through time. Really, I wrote it out, if you need help reading, that is fine, but not my issue.

1 hour ago, dugsbody said:

France bombed libya and syria is a civil war these two account for 90% of the migrants- when italy started turning away boats from libya some turned up off marseille, Macron closed the port immediately (he put border contols at Menton too, we have french friends who live their you shoul hear what they have to say about the “migrant problem”). Most western states pay endless lip service to the plight of migrants but when they show up at their borders, their closed. The uk is not unusual in this regard

Edited by debtlessmanc

11 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I was comparing through time. Really, I wrote it out, if you need help reading, that is fine, but not my issue.

???? Sorry not sure what your argument is, or what conclusion one is supposed to draw from it? 

through time - your personal experience of two cities through time trumps all other arguments anyone else could make? I suggested if one were to take two other cities (through time) one might have a different experience thats all.

Edited by debtlessmanc

23 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I moved to Denmark twelve years ago. Since then, I have flown between Manchester and Copenhagen.

Back then, Copenhagen was richer, clearly, but it felt like the same economic environment. Since then, the standard of living in most of Europe has rised dramatically, Manchester just looks older.

Spain, Greece, Italy, France? (not the Champs Elysees, but the country and banlieus).  I mean,nit just out of your Copenhagen window?

56 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

???? Sorry not sure what your argument is, or what conclusion one is supposed to draw from it? 

through time - your personal experience of two cities through time trumps all other arguments anyone else could make? I suggested if one were to take two other cities (through time) one might have a different experience thats all.

It comes down to winners and losers. The EU citizens will be rater gutted to find how well the UK will do after Brexit. This is BoJos/Dom Cums ace up their ****. The commonwealth business, long standing relationships with multinationals who will get VERY favourable deals from BoJo/Dom Cum.

Look at Nissan closing fashionable EU backed Barcelona (it's a real kick in the teeth to the EU) and keeping Sunderland going. Do we imagine that was an accident?

Who would have thought  Sunderland beating Barcelona?

Winners and losers.

8 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

It comes down to winners and losers. The EU citizens will be rater gutted to find how well the UK will do after Brexit. This is BoJos/Dom Cums ace up their ****. The commonwealth business, long standing relationships with multinationals who will get VERY favourable deals from BoJo/Dom Cum.

Look at Nissan closing fashionable EU backed Barcelona (it's a real kick in the teeth to the EU) and keeping Sunderland going. Do we imagine that was an accident?

Who would have thought  Sunderland beating Barcelona?

Winners and losers.

Honda Swindon?

The UK has lost far more than it has gained, Brexiters just like pointing to the exception that proves the rule.

6 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Honda Swindon?

The UK has lost far more than it has gained, Brexiters just like pointing to the exception that proves the rule.

As do remainers. But, as sir Starmer has relented on reversing Brexit, the deal is done. I do feel for those in the UK who own several EU properties though. They may have to sell.

3 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

As do remainers. But, as sir Starmer has relented on reversing Brexit, the deal is done. I do feel for those in the UK who own several EU properties though. They may have to sell.

The deal is not done, it can be reversed in about 30 seconds with a stroke of a pen. one signature on article 49....easy!

And Brexit gets less popular everyday, Brexiters are dying off even faster now and the Youth Hate Brexit!

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

1 minute ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The deal is not done, it can be reversed in about 30 seconds with a stroke of a pen. one signature on article 49....easy!

And Brexit gets less popular everyday, Brexiters are dying off even faster now and the Youth Hate Brexit!

Oh, I'm quite looking forward to Brexit. 

Boris said the deal is done, so its' over. He won.

Again.

I suspect it won't be his last victory.

2 minutes ago, Crowdedmarket said:

Oh, I'm quite looking forward to Brexit. 

Boris said the deal is done, so its' over. He won.

Again.

I suspect it won't be his last victory.

I'm looking forward to it in the short term, loads of unemployed idiots who voted for it.

6 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I'm looking forward to it in the short term, loads of unemployed idiots who voted for it.

Brexit is yesterday's news; the virus and its collateral damage will swamp all else.

4 minutes ago, crouch said:

Brexit is yesterday's news; the virus and its collateral damage will swamp all else.

indeed and the impact on tourism both now and possibly for years realistically is going to be the major problem for some.

Edited by debtlessmanc

14 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

You should be more upfront and tell everyone what you think that is. Just to stop you wasting more time I'm already aware your reply might be something like "well...if you don't know then you are a moron" so please.

You don't have a balanced view. Pointing to negative stories only is a subtle, or not so subtle way of tarring all migrants with the same brush. Clearly, they are not all the same, and should not be treated the same.