Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 134.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GrizzlyDave

    9502

  • Confusion of VIs

    7382

  • jonb2

    5717

  • pig

    4921

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do.   https://twitter.com/housepricemania

1409 pages....you guys should have your own forum !!!

Oh OK. Shame that really, but hey it looks like @IMHAL helped us both out. Nice repost though, thanks ! Any thoughts ?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Yes. 3 and a half years of ballache and hassle, and for what? Leaving the EU just like we were supposed to, just with some extra pain. Cheers.

I do liken some on the remain side to be akin to a screaming brat who hasn't got it's way. Not in the obvious salty remainer tears, snowflake cold, kind of way, but more of the 6-10 age range. I don't get my way, i will make your life hell instead.

Because it's been a bit of a marathon, next Friday evening will involve a bottle of red or two, probably (unironically) French wine. Some nibbles, again French, Italian and Polish in origin (seriously, not taking the pish or anything), and then a lie in Saturday. I wonder what witty post i can make at Brexit Hour? Maybe a motivational poster to make everyone happy!

Maybe "everyone" is a bit of a stretch. 52% of people instead should be enough ?

Where were you for the last 3 and a half years.

For your information, the delay was caused by the Tory party being unable to agree on what type of Tory Brexit they wanted. 

As you probably know Brexit support hasn't polled over 48% for 18 months now, and that's even before you define what type of Brexit we get. Looks like we are heading for a hard Brexit, something that has never polled over one third support.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if anyone wants to stay in you can always buy your way back in ;) 

Cyprus passport by investment

Acquiring Cyprus Citizenship by investment is also a possibility.

An individual can become a Cypriot citizen by the means of investing in the country’s economy. Since March 2014, the council of ministers made the decision to allow non-Cypriots to become citizens of the country by meeting certain conditions. These conditions can either be met by the individual or by a company where such individual is a shareholder and/or an executive director.

How to get Cyprus Passport by Investment?

The Cyprus investor program is designed to attract foreign individuals who will be entitled to receiving a passport after making some investments in bonds, real estate, and many more.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Where were you for the last 3 and a half years.

For your information, the delay was caused by the Tory party being unable to agree on what type of Tory Brexit they wanted. 

As you probably know Brexit support hasn't polled over 48% for 18 months now, and that's even before you define what type of Brexit we get. Looks like we are heading for a hard Brexit, something that has never polled over one third support.  

 

 

There are at least 17.4m different kinds of Brexits. None polling over fractions of a % of support of the total. But that is absolutely fine.

They all amount to 52%, which is bigger than 48%, and they do all have one thing in common.

I think we should pay someone, with wild blonde hair, to sort out the details.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, slawek said:

It is a travesty of democracy. Enjoy it when you can.

But a vote happened. And the thing that the majority of voters stated they wanted to happen, is happening.

Our opinions of democracy, done well or done badly, obviously differ. I cannot comprehend that the above is nothing other than pure democracy. However, I am stupid and racist and i didn't know....etc....etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy is quite candid. For him Brexit is a way for England to find its place in the world. 

"It’s time to let the fantasy of the “British nation” die."

"Freed from the grip of the decayed British nation and British state, England could finally be done with its delusions of grandeur. "

"England need not be, as many fear, a rump United Kingdom, parochial, perhaps even irredentist. Less cocksure and more understanding of its real place in the world, it may soon rethink its hostility to the European Union. "

"Only a few decades ago, a new United Kingdom emerged from the empire. Now, by forcing the breakup of the union, the old — drinking deep the delusions of British nationalism — may make it possible for a new England to emerge from the United Kingdom."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/opinion/brexit-scotland-northern-ireland.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

There are at least 17.4m different kinds of Brexits. None polling over fractions of a % of support of the total. But that is absolutely fine.

They all amount to 52%, which is bigger than 48%, and they do all have one thing in common.

I think we should pay someone, with wild blonde hair, to sort out the details.

 

On one day 3.5 years ago they amounted to 52% but we cannot have 17.4 million Brexits only one.  As even Dominic Cummings was happy to admit there never was a single form of Brexit that could gain majority support.  

Leave successfully gamed the referendum and won that's all that matters, you and many other Leavers don't care about democracy just the result why bother pretending otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slawek said:

The guy is quite candid. For him Brexit is a way for England to find its place in the world. 

"It’s time to let the fantasy of the “British nation” die."

"Freed from the grip of the decayed British nation and British state, England could finally be done with its delusions of grandeur. "

"England need not be, as many fear, a rump United Kingdom, parochial, perhaps even irredentist. Less cocksure and more understanding of its real place in the world, it may soon rethink its hostility to the European Union. "

"Only a few decades ago, a new United Kingdom emerged from the empire. Now, by forcing the breakup of the union, the old — drinking deep the delusions of British nationalism — may make it possible for a new England to emerge from the United Kingdom."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/opinion/brexit-scotland-northern-ireland.html

Interesting article, thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slawek said:

The guy is quite candid. For him Brexit is a way for England to find its place in the world. 

"It’s time to let the fantasy of the “British nation” die."

"Freed from the grip of the decayed British nation and British state, England could finally be done with its delusions of grandeur. "

"England need not be, as many fear, a rump United Kingdom, parochial, perhaps even irredentist. Less cocksure and more understanding of its real place in the world, it may soon rethink its hostility to the European Union. "

"Only a few decades ago, a new United Kingdom emerged from the empire. Now, by forcing the breakup of the union, the old — drinking deep the delusions of British nationalism — may make it possible for a new England to emerge from the United Kingdom."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/10/opinion/brexit-scotland-northern-ireland.html

United Kingdom?   I don't see anything but a chasm that divides us cleanly into two. More like Divided Kingdom.

Thanks Brexit. Crouch has got his way. We will finally find our new place in the world.....lower ....hope this translates to a better life for all........this is what the majority voted for....so this must be what was desired. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Huggy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51210602

Easy peasy. No legal wranglings, no protest votes, no endless arguments, it's a pleasure to behold.

Democracy's done well here i think.

Early days. Let's see if your 'democracy' has resulted in a better outcome for the people. After all, you'd have to be quite thick to vote for a worse outcome... given time, the outcome will be clear and the people will decide. Too early to gloat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IMHAL said:

Early days. Let's see if your 'democracy' has resulted in a better outcome for the people. After all, you'd have to be quite thick to vote for a worse outcome... given time, the outcome will be clear and the people will decide. Too early to gloat.

No one knows the outcome, not even the seers and prophets of doom, so ficko or not a ficko doesn't matter.

I voted for "not the status quo". The status quo have not carried themselves well over the past years, hence i'm enjoying the smooth travel of democracy now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

On one day 3.5 years ago they amounted to 52% but we cannot have 17.4 million Brexits only one.  As even Dominic Cummings was happy to admit there never was a single form of Brexit that could gain majority support.  

Leave successfully gamed the referendum and won that's all that matters, you and many other Leavers don't care about democracy just the result why bother pretending otherwise. 

Yes, he's right. Why would we vote for a more complicated question though? Tje question was in or out, and the government sorts the details out.

The result is important, either way it goes, in GEs too. If there was a 2nd ref, i would have spoiled my paper as well as every GE after. Democracy is critically important to me and the loss of one result, that should have been enacted, is many magnitudes worse than losing the vote itself (if that makes sense....it's too early).

It feels from your opening statement that as it was only one vote, and it was relatively long ago in dog years, then it should lose it's power. Like a statute of limitation. We'd need Remainers to not lock up parliament though (like our old 2016-19 lives, definitely not our new, 2020 lives) for that to work. And then a democratic vote would land somewhere between a parking ticket and credit card debt in importance :blink:

Edited by Huggy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

No one knows the outcome, not even the seers and prophets of doom, so ficko or not a ficko doesn't matter.

I voted for "not the status quo". The status quo have not carried themselves well over the past years, hence i'm enjoying the smooth travel of democracy now.

10 more years, at least, of Tory filth rule is the status quo. There are none so blind as those who choose not to see. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch
Sp.
Link to post
Share on other sites

So delighted to see democracy win out. A strong leave majority government to really hold the EU feet to the fire. 

The Europeans always crumble under British aggression. A couple of persuasive aircraft carriers always helps. 

Boris has got the EU and that nasty toad sturgeon under his Jack boot. 

Can't await until next Friday. It'll be glorious. The British borders are beginning to seal up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

So delighted to see democracy win out. A strong leave majority government to really hold the EU feet to the fire. 

The Europeans always crumble under British aggression. A couple of persuasive aircraft carriers always helps. 

Boris has got the EU and that nasty toad sturgeon under his Jack boot. 

Can't await until next Friday. It'll be glorious. The British borders are beginning to seal up. 

 :rolleyes:

1.jpg?ip=x480

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

Yes it was a laughable own goal for Remain from start to finish really, the three and a half year delay is a disgrace though and will be viewed negatively by future supporters of democracy IMO.

Indeed I can never see a parliament ever holding a in or out referendum ever again.

Years of frozen politics And wasted time. It should be put to bed forever now. Never ask questions you may not like the answer to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dragging boot straps said:

So delighted to see democracy win out. A strong leave majority government to really hold the EU feet to the fire. 

The Europeans always crumble under British aggression. A couple of persuasive aircraft carriers always helps. 

Boris has got the EU and that nasty toad sturgeon under his Jack boot. 

Can't await until next Friday. It'll be glorious. The British borders are beginning to seal up. 

Have you read the Withdrawal Agreement?

There is going to be an EU border between Great Britain and NI. The EU representatives will have right to be present during checks, request information and direct UK to carry out checks, ECJ will have a full jurisdiction.  ?

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Huggy said:

No one knows the outcome, not even the seers and prophets of doom, so ficko or not a ficko doesn't matter.

.....but there are many educated guesses and forecasts... the vast majority negitive...and ignored and even rubbished by leavers... Learn the hard way I say. BTW the forecasts are actually pretty much spot on..

Quote

I voted for "not the status quo". The status quo have not carried themselves well over the past years, hence i'm enjoying the smooth travel of democracy now.

I know leavers did this... people do this because they cannot articulate what they want instead. It's like voting 'not the party in power' and then expecting to be happy with whatever party comes to power with no say about it. IMHO.... none too bright.

And as MCC stated, you voted for the cons who have decided domestic policy for ermmm... the last decade.... you voted for the status quo.... 

Edited by IMHAL
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this. Fecked off the Americans and the EU in less than a month. If you live by the lie, you die by it.

Brexit: EU threatens Boris Johnson with 'sanctions' if he fails to implement controversial Irish sea goods checks

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-eu-goods-checks-irish-sea-customs-union-a9297791.html

How to win friends and influence people.

Global Britain my a r s e.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dragging boot straps said:

So delighted to see democracy win out. A strong leave majority government to really hold the EU feet to the fire. 

The Europeans always crumble under British aggression. A couple of persuasive aircraft carriers always helps. 

Boris has got the EU and that nasty toad sturgeon under his Jack boot. 

Can't await until next Friday. It'll be glorious. The British borders are beginning to seal up. 

Racists are in for a big surprise when they see what happens to immigration after Brexit

https://www.businessinsider.com/immigration-after-brexit-2017-11?r=US&IR=T

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 415 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.