House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
9 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Centre-left at latest election :

UK Labour Lowest seats since 1935
Austria Lowest since 1945
Germany 2nd lowest since 1949
France Lowest ever
Italy Lowest ever
Netherlands Lowest ever
Sweden Lowest since 1908
Finland 2nd lowest since 1962

Maybe it's not just about Brexit?

A lot of people are p*ssed off with Migration / a perceived loss of identity

Edited by rockerboy

HOLA442
4 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Youve lost so you can f*ck off now. Ditto to the rest of you remoaners.

Nope. The fun and games are about to begin. And I for one will be here watching the big unicorn reveal savouring every single morsel of failure that is your stupid Brexshit. 

Edited by MonsieurCopperCrutch

HOLA443
1 hour ago, Chunketh said:

You see the injustices every day now and its depressing. ..... Paint me silly if you like, but I think everyone should get an equal shot at life.

The internet has broken down many educational barriers. There are now far more people able to do your job and they are competing for it against you. Add that to what AI is doing, and it's not suprising really that the balance point between the price of labour and capital is moving firmly away from labour.

Its just that we are all having to work a lot harder for that same slice of bread. Those that have built up capital already (Boomers) are somewhat innoculated. but they are literaly a dying breed, with their capacity for capital excess never to be emulated by subsequent generations  - at least for the years you and I have left on this planet

Go into Mcds today, and more than likely you will enter your food order on a screen - that function used to be a person only a few years ago. 

Go into a supermarket and you can price/pack and pay for your goods with out a cashier..

The above is a just a small sample of how f*cked young people are - especially if they just coast theior lives away - there is no automatic progression and a lot of junior jobs will be taken up by grey haired pensioners who don't have enough pension - it can only get worse really.

This will affect The EU far more than the UK in the next 30 years - the probelm will be how the EU superstate controls all the riots that are bound to happen - and that is one of the reasons why I want out of the EU...........I believe the EU future is far more bleak than the UK and it will be a large part of Southern Europe that will suffer. 

Edited by rockerboy

HOLA444
16 minutes ago, rockerboy said:

A lot of people are p*ssed off with Migration / a perceived loss of identity

And the centre/hard/champagne left calling them stupid and racist too!

27 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Centre-left at latest election :

UK Labour Lowest seats since 1935
Austria Lowest since 1945
Germany 2nd lowest since 1949
France Lowest ever
Italy Lowest ever
Netherlands Lowest ever
Sweden Lowest since 1908
Finland 2nd lowest since 1962

Maybe it's not just about Brexit?

The centre left is the fundamentally correct view. The millions of voters above just didn't know what they were voting for and they will have changed their minds in 2 weeks. Re-vote!

HOLA445
HOLA446
10 minutes ago, Huggy said:

And the centre/hard/champagne left calling them stupid and racist too!

The centre left is the fundamentally correct view. The millions of voters above just didn't know what they were voting for and they will have changed their minds in 2 weeks. Re-vote!

The correct view is one you can tell your children you supported. Nothing more, nothing less.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, Ghostly said:

Bullying and the injustices you refer to have always existed and always will. It’s human nature and nature in general, there is always a pecking order (rightly or wrongly). It doesn’t have much to do with Brexit.

You are right of course.....we have now progressed to dog eat dog. Look forward to stomping all over your type to get what i want. If you get to stomp over me me...fair enough.....just don't expect any 'unity'...coz there ain't any....every man for themselves in the new world order. Fairness and society can go puk itself.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA448
2 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

You are right of course.....we have now progressed to dog eat dog. Look forward to stomping all over your type to get what i want. If you get to stomp over me me...fair enough.....just don't expect any 'unity'...coz there ain't any....every man for themselves in your new world order. Fairness and society can go puk itself.

The irony of it will be breathtaking.

HOLA449
35 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

You are right of course.....we have now progressed to dog eat dog. Look forward to stomping all over your type to get what i want. If you get to stomp over me me...fair enough.....just don't expect any 'unity'...coz there ain't any....every man for themselves in the new world order. Fairness and society can go puk itself.

Coz we iz all leavas now bro'       unity innit?

Seriously, though. Where are all the usual posters  who come here?

Edited by poppie

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
22 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

The irony of it will be breathtaking.

Absolutely....dog eat dog...the good ol us of a will show us who is boss....will look forward to us 'cooperating' to get a soft trade deal whilst they shaft us royally... The dipchits will of course be too thick to realise that we have made ourselves their beetch.

HOLA4412
5 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Just going to sit here for the next 20 years and repeat "I told you so". To know you've been had. To cheer as the country slips down the plughole into the sewer and know it was nothing to do with us. We tried to stop it. Blameless.

You think Corbs would have saved us, jonb2? You really think it was heading any other way?

Best accept it was always coming. We were never an enthusiastic member state and they can't evolve/reform, unless maybe with our prompting.

And I've never understood what pleasure you'll derive from seeing the life chances of young people across the UK get worse.

All that matters is trying to get the best outcome.

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, thehowler said:

You think Corbs would have saved us, jonb2? You really think it was heading any other way?

Best accept it was always coming. We were never an enthusiastic member state and they can't evolve/reform, unless maybe with our prompting.

And I've never understood what pleasure you'll derive from seeing the life chances of young people across the UK get worse.

All that matters is trying to get the best outcome.

erm

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
5 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

So Labourites rubbished Mrs May's way three times, so then they got Boris in return.. They might have had some say with Mrs May.  I can't see it with Boris...

So what of your fanciful efta/flexit deal? Did you think that worth fighting for? Or where you also just a bystander? Truth is that there was a fight for the the right path from all sides and the erg...a minority view won....thats democracy....apparently.

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

So what of your fanciful efta/flexit deal? Did you think that worth fighting for? Or where you also just a bystander? Truth is that there was a fight for the the right path from all sides and the erg...a minority view won....thats democracy....apparently.

Cant wait for the details of those US trade deals to be leaked. Of course, the Brexit hardline will call it out as rubbish and fight the good fight...for a while.

HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Its gone, and I have fully accepted that...The People's Vote of course had to put their oar in... https://www.peoples-vote.uk/norway_report

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
13 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Damn people for not agreeing with Boris and having their own opinion.

...but then lying about it...It could have been a reasonable way out, but then the remainers and Brexiteers kicked off...Never stood a chance..  I can no longer be bothered to retread old ground..

I expect we'll be spending the next decade trying to climb back into the single market, once this "fwee twade" ideology is shown to be a one trick pony..

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA4423
43 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

"The Chinese all look the same"

......is just the kind of comment that would get a Social Justice Warrior wound up.....but......whether racial diversity is seen as only being in the skin colour or not, suits you when it suits you though doesn't it.

You should read Criado Perez's book Invisible Women for a perspective on how the absence of women in the room biases all sorts of decisions negatively against them. By extension the same kinds of unconscious bias operate against minorities too.

It's a (white) man's world but we can imagine a better one.

41-JrQ2cM8L._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

HOLA4424
20 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

Its gone, and I have fully accepted that...The People's Vote of course had to put their oar in... https://www.peoples-vote.uk/norway_report

Yeh...as if the people had a choice...turns out it was a blank cheque to do the erg's bidding more like...accept that? No way. Holding to account with the right amount of scepticism  all the way...that is the correct approach.

HOLA4425